• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Matchup

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Generally that's what I do after the U-throw --> Fair/Bair if they don't DI away. And often what I do even if they do DI away (though I may need to add more moves in that procedure).

Uair is awesome against Pika. And in general.

I've started just tossing people above me and spamming it and just trying to launch them because of how I often get nothing for hitting a spacing move. I'm sort of doing away with max-ranging moves altogether with Ness and just trying to get close and gimp or force a combo. Exceptions for spacing are things like F-air in aerial vs aerial and other stuff, but otherwise... nah. My Ness is terrible though.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
What does Pichu cc with? D-smash is di-able... Shouldn't f-smash be too slow?
Pichu could get a grab which whould be a fair 20% at min. up-throw dair maybe upair inbetween. also his up-smash is pretty nasty. down-smash isn't good till like 50% then your off the stage.

But shouldn't I be able to sheild fair and punish pichu has a solid sheild unlike pikachu.

You can blame KK for me looking at this thread I thought he would say something sig.ablely good.

EDIT saves 3333rd post

pichu can up-throw ness to combos and pretty much everyone esle in the game. Well ness's fair should also stop fox's nair right? What's the problem with that? It's really fast and fox's amazing DD. Pichu is the same way, you can't say oh i'll just beat him everytime, pichu at least how I play can get thought walls decently well, pichu is faster than ness there are no 2 ways about it.

Ness should win when you look at it on paper but it's not ****. But really if sheild beat fair then fair isn't an answer to everything.

But LOL at down-throw combos on pichu's behalf. Ness should but LOL.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Everyone can shield fair. So? Why is Ness attacking/approaching Pichu? Ness has the mobility to get around Pichu's projectile (which can't be spammed too much) and beats his priority in the air. All I see Pichu doing is spamming nair in this matchup and knocking Ness offstage to edgeguard.

What throw does pichu combo ness out of? D-throw?

Top Bottom