• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness in Brawl! *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
You have a very good point there.

Ice Climbers + Meta Knight, Link + Yoshi, Mario + Pit ...etc.

this one seems to contract with what the SSE is about (Mixing serieses together)
For all that there are other reasons why this rumour is fake, this certainly isn't one of them.

As we've seen, at least some characters begin their "journey" with other characters from their own series. DK and Diddy being the obvious, while Mario and Peach are together (granted, with Zelda and Kirby as well) in the opening act.

Once again, I see no reason to believe this rumour - other than the fact that it would be awesome - but this is no proof to disprove it.

Revven

FrankerZ
If your can play the game, why don't you ask him to leak the game? It would do such a favor for the whole community. So, please ask him.
It's not me who knows the guy, I just quoted what he said on GFAQs. Though, a lot of things can be wrong on GFAQs.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm not even going to explain it. This needed its own thread, otherwise, it would get little attention. I warned you about spoilers, so if its true, this is the first SSE thing spoiled that we don't know about and spoils how to unlock someone.

Source

What do you guys think? Wanna believe? Or would rather shout "OMG FAKEEEEEEEE!" :p

Edit: Close the thread if the information becomes proven to be false.
who cares? thats all i can say, i dont really care if he is in or not...

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
Well if this guy was right about Lucas, new pork city, etc, then unfortunately he is right about Ness returning.

But then again, that would mean clones (most likely), it would go against when Sakurai said " Up until now ", and Claus would be a much better rep if there is to be more then one Mother rep in Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That would be awesome, but Sakurai's clues as to Ness's not returning is just too much for me to believe this.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
You know I kinda had an idea....like the reason why there would be two characters from the same series is because, it could mean a secret character...just a thought maybe....but i dunno if i wanna take this but...it sorta would make sense, as we've seen Lucas in the SSE but we haven't seen his partner yet....so iono

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
BTW, saying spoilers in the title was useless because you said the spoiler in the title...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would love to see that yo-yo agian, I hope this is true even though I'm not a Ness fan.

GeneralPit

Smash Rookie
Though it still seems bleak for Ness to return with a good, unique moveset, I'm pulling for him. I'm still irked that Sakurai went back on his promise to try to limit Japan-Only characters by removing Mother's only worldwide rep for a JO one.

God, I hope he returns....

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Haha, starmen.net's forums themselves are linking HERE, instead of vice versa. Fake'd.

Zek

Smash Ace
You guys need to learn how to read sources. The OP links to where he got the information. Which is a thread on GameFAQs with no source provided. Just because he wrote something between quotation marks doesn't mean EBF actually said it.

T-major

Smash Champion
who the hell is EBF!? Reidman is the one who predicted Lucas, the Franklin Badge, and New Pork City, not EBF; so this is about as believable as a jug of orange juice containing an alternate universe...

GeneralPit

Smash Rookie
That would be awesome, but Sakurai's clues as to Ness's not returning is just too much for me to believe this.
Yeah, well he also said we wanted more WW characters than JO ones, yet he seemingly dumps Ness for Lucas.....
Though it still seems bleak for Ness to return with a good, unique moveset, I'm pulling for him.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
well this goes against "nin10dough's" speculation of saying that you would unlock ness by beating classic with lucas, so either one's right and the others wrong, or the more likely situation is that they're both wrong

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
People from starmen.net don't even know EBF. It's ********.

It is FAKE, people. Time to stop caring!

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah, well he also said we wanted more WW characters than JO ones, yet he seemingly dumps Ness for Lucas.....
Though it still seems bleak for Ness to return with a good, unique moveset, I'm pulling for him.

...what? he never said he wouldn't include ANY Japan only characters. he just said he wasn't going to fill the game with them. and three or four Japan only characters isn't "filling up the game" as some people seem to think...

Ness is out. replaced by the JAPAN ONLY Lucas, and they will probably add Claus from MOTHER3 as well. no Ness. only good characters... get over it...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
2 things:

-Since when the hell do we have chapters? We know we have a world map. We even have PICS of the World Map. It's OBVIOUS you don't need chapters to select segments of the SSE. (HOWEVER, I will say I could be wrong and there are different world maps in different chapters, but I honestly doubt it.)

-Gamefaqs guy quoting EBF without any source. I don't believe EBF actually said this. Besides that, starmen.net links HERE. This is just a lite circle of lies that has escalated a lot. Besides that, the guy with the Mother predictions was not even EBF. Who the hell is EBF?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
You can't trust prophets anyway. I mean, if YOU knew a tiny bit of inside info, wouldn't you tell people that, along with a bunch of other made-up stuff?

I mean, come on, that's what I'd do.

I mean, if I knew that Sonic was going to be shown when he got shown, I'd tell people that, along with stuff like "Shadow's in it too!" and "Ganondorf's out!". Just for lulz.

GeneralPit

Smash Rookie
...what? he never said he wouldn't include ANY Japan only characters. he just said he wasn't going to fill the game with them. and three or four Japan only characters isn't "filling up the game" as some people seem to think...

Ness is out. replaced by the JAPAN ONLY Lucas, and they will probably add Claus from MOTHER3 as well. no Ness. only good characters... get over it...
I didn't say he said that >_> It still looks bad when you say that you want more international characters yet replace one with a Japan Only one. I accept that Ness is probably out (or at least an AT hopefully), but a little hope for one's favorite character doesn't hurt.

Masky64

Smash Cadet
They said on GameFAQS that later in the storyline, Ness goes into a dimise and shadows out from the character screen, meaning he's not playable from then on.

CLAUS CONFIRMED! MOTHER 3 SPOILERS REBUNKED!

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I think that it could be true, like it just seems like how cool that would be to have Ness save the one who took his place. I just wish that you would have to fight the person to unlock them like in melee and 64

Boofer

Smash Ace
You can't trust prophets anyway. I mean, if YOU knew a tiny bit of inside info, wouldn't you tell people that, along with a bunch of other made-up stuff?

I mean, come on, that's what I'd do.

I mean, if I knew that Sonic was going to be shown when he got shown, I'd tell people that, along with stuff like "Shadow's in it too!" and "Ganondorf's out!". Just for lulz.
I don't know if that really applies to ChaosZero's "prophecy" though. If you were lying, would you continuously argue with the moderators about why they kept deleting your posts? I really wouldn't care after they took it down if I was lying, but if I was telling the truth I would be highly upset.

Masky64

Smash Cadet
Personally, I don't want Ness in Brawl, he'll ruin the game.

He is better off as a Subspace ally.

End of Topic. Mods close it up!

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I don't know if that really applies to ChaosZero's "prophecy" though. If you were lying, would you continuously argue with the moderators about why they kept deleting your posts? I really wouldn't care after they took it down if I was lying, but if I was telling the truth I would be highly upset.
Or it's all one big act.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
There will always be prophecies. Me?
I believe that all of these extremely detailed predictions/"leaked cutscenes" are fake.
But I would love to believe that Ness is coming back. We shall see.

Masky64

Smash Cadet
Altough I have mixed feelings about Ness, it doesn't matter if he is in or not. We already have Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom