• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness in Brawl! *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I say fake, it goes against every bit of logic to give Lucas a luigified ness moveset just to give ness either his old moveset or a completly new one.

Besides, Claus>Ness.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Edit: Close the thread if the information becomes proven to be false.
Since when did this become the dominant logic for rumors? Isn't the burden of proof on you (or the source) to prove it is true? This belongs in SmashChu's rumor thread.

Flaming_Wuzzle

Smash Cadet
Ah, I thought we were going to go without someone saying that anyone who thinks Ness could possibly be in Brawl didn't read Lucas' special moves update.

The thing you don't realize is that the English update isn't quite perfect. Well, it is, technically, but not perfect enough. The Japanese phrase used doesn't say anything about Ness' current status, just that he was in the previous two games.

It'd be nice if people would stop trying to pass off 'up until now' as incontrovertible proof that Ness is out...but then again, this is Smash Boards, and it wouldn't be Smash Boards without extremely zealotous people that keep assuming things like this.

And no, I'm not saying your beloved SamuraiPanda was wrong, it's just a weakness of the English language. Definitely not his fault.

Back to the actual topic, it would certainly be interesting to see a Lucas/Ness vs. Porky fight, but as many others have said there's not really any sources to this besides someone on GameFAQs, so I wouldn't trust it quite yet.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"The thing you don't realize is that the English update isn't quite perfect."

Yes it is, Samurai Panda himself said so.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"The Handicap update rendered the usage of "up until now" useless."

Actually it just proves, that the usage of up until now is the right one. Since Sakurai is using the up until now, to point that something has changed from the past games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom