• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness and the Grab Release

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I've been playing around with Ness lately and I'm really having fun with him. The GR issues with him are slightly frightening though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Play the 'don't get grabbed' game. It sounds harder than it would first seem but basically all it means is that you have to play very defensively and always be cautious. :)

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
It's tough to do that, however, when you're facing super campy projectile based characters like Toon Link or just plain old Link for example. That's probably the number one advice though, I've found that when I play really defensively or cautiously I can fend off my opponent and avoid any grab shenanigans they may have on me, and then punish them when they get sloppy.

Susi

Smash Apprentice
People tend to get hit when I'm holding A for jab when they are GR dash grab chaingrabbing me. It's not very smart if they know youre gonna go for it but I usually give it a try. I wonder how some people can have so slow reflexes... The MK I usually play has mastered back hit dsmash from it and it has to be frame-perfect since it hits frame 10.

One of the best feelings when playing Ness is when someone fails his GR stuff and loses because of it.

Top Bottom