• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nerf wishlist (Lock this please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
Nerf Bastion...
Alright sorry for that bad joke.

I actually dont wanna see any nerf. I think except for the case of an impossible to beat broken character, nerfing character will just ruin the game. I also think that anyone can learn how to deal against certain power moves and how to punished anyone for using them. But hey, that's just my opinion, i'm probably wrong !

Sigaria

Smash Rookie
Only Snakes Nikita. Its really BS that he can edgeguard so easily and effectively and can barely be punished for it. Thats honestly it though.

The only other thing i would consider is K Rools Hyper Armor on his crown throw because Projectile W/ Knockback + Hyper Armor is cancer, but even then its only annoying not really broken.

D

Deleted member

Thread Creator here. I want to apologize for making this controversial thread. I didn't know it'd get this hostile nor did I know what "Nerf Culture" was. I just wanted to not get curb-stomped so much and have fun for once.

Is there a place here where I can post my replays for critiquing? My playstyle might be contributing to my salt.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Honestly so far this feels like the most balanced Smash game I’ve played so far. K Rool is straight cheese for the most part and extremely easy to play around. If you’re getting trapped in PK Fire you either are getting outspaced and outread by a good Ness player or you need to learn how to play around it. Plus you can easily DI out of it and avoid being punished. As far as Inkling’s roller goes do people forget they have a shield? None of these mechanics are polarizing people just don’t know how to deal with them at low level play. While I wouldn’t be opposed to looking at the bury mechanic in general most of the moves that lead to it are avoidable and punishable. No nerfs until something is broken (brawl meta knight or smash 4 bayonetta broken)

Dreambeatz

Smash Rookie
K Rool's Down Smash, Ike's nair, Incineroar's side b, Falco, Snake, Lucas's pk freeze, Shulk's range, Isabelle's side b, Link's power, Young Link, Pokemon Trainer, Chrom and Ike's up b, Pichu, Richter and Simon's range.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
K Rool's Down Smash, Ike's nair, Incineroar's side b, Falco, Snake, Lucas's pk freeze, Shulk's range, Isabelle's side b, Link's power, Young Link, Pokemon Trainer, Chrom and Ike's up b, Pichu, Richter and Simon's range.
So basically just nerf the entire game? Have you tried learning how to play around these things?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
How do you even learn how to???
Watch what your opponent is doing and not yourself. Use your movement options and shield. Analyze their attack patterns and how to move and dodge around them and punish them. Also some matchups are straightup bad

Last edited:

Dreambeatz

Smash Rookie
So basically just nerf the entire game? Have you tried learning how to play around these things?
Three things... 1. This was just a joke. 2. I suck donkey ass at Smash dying from non experienced players. 3. I'm a Mario/Luigi main so my opinion doesn't count.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Don't nerf anything, buff everything that sucks. There is nothing broken in this game so far. There are no easy chainthrows or hoo-hahs or faceroll ladder death combos. Stop asking for good things to be neutered and make the bad things better.

D

Deleted member

Don't nerf anything, buff everything that sucks. There is nothing broken in this game so far. There are no easy chainthrows or hoo-hahs or faceroll ladder death combos. Stop asking for good things to be neutered and make the bad things better.
Bad things as in...?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Can someone here make a buff wishlist thread? I think we can all agree that buffing lame moves are better than nerfing good ones.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
This thread is garbage. Someone needs to make a buff wishlist thread, way more productive than this drivel.

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
Serious discussion topic

Which characters do you feel are too good and need to be nerfed and why?

Me: Superheavies in general. I main 3 of them, but fighting them is like trying to stop a moving train. Especially when it comes to a certain someone with armored smash attacks... This is why I don't main anyone lighter than Ridley and the Belmonts, the latter of which also need nerfs.
Chrom needs a nerf to his aerials it’s ridiculous how fast they come out with little to no end lag

D

Deleted member

This thread is garbage. Someone needs to make a buff wishlist thread, way more productive than this drivel.
Hey, it's just unproductive! You don't have to go and lower my already low self-esteem!

Since I can't delete a thread, how do I get one locked? This thread is pointless now and I'd like for my feelings to not be hurt anymore.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Hey, it's just unproductive! You don't have to go and lower my already low self-esteem!

Since I can't delete a thread, how do I get one locked? This thread is pointless now and I'd like for my feelings to not be hurt anymore.
No one is trying to hurt your feelings man. If you want to improve you just gotta practice practice practice. We are just telling you that hoping for nerfs rather than learning how to counter something isn’t a good mindset. You can do it dude. Pick a character, grind the hell out of them and learn those matchups. You got this.

D

Deleted member

No one is trying to hurt your feelings man. If you want to improve you just gotta practice practice practice. We are just telling you that hoping for nerfs rather than learning how to counter something isn’t a good mindset. You can do it dude. Pick a character, grind the hell out of them and learn those matchups. You got this.
How many mains is too many though? I find myself alternating between heavies and swordies.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
How many mains is too many though? I find myself alternating between heavies and swordies.
No more than 2. Pick a heavy, and pick a swordie. Master them until you can play them with your eyes closed. Learn their strengths inside and out, learn their weaknesses as well. Do not get discouraged and try to switch them out if you go on a bad streak. Simply save your videos and learn what you could have done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom