• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nerdacon Convention March 24th (Columbus, GA)

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Link to the Site:http://www.nerdacon.com/
No this is not my tounry im just advertsing for CSU is all.
When: March 24th
Were: 4225 University Avenue(The Davidson Center)
Why: Cause X2X said so thats why
Time: 10:00 am till midnight.
As far as Rules go:
Double-elimination
Stock matches,
4 lives and an 8-minute time limit

Random stages set will be as follows: Battlefield, Yoshi's Story (-not- 64), Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams (Singles-only for FoD).

Banned stages are as follows: Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Story 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle (-not- 64), Great Bay. Anything else is fair game.

All sets are best two out of three, except for the finals of each bracket, which will be best three out of five.

Regulations:
In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the match will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

While we will have controllers to be used, we would recommend you bringing your own, simply for convenience purposes, and so that you can't use the controller as an excuse for doing badly. Do so at your own risk, however; we are not responsible for misplaced or lost controllers.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Any sign of cheating will also result in ejection from the tournament.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

After each game of a set, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

No stage may be used twice in a set unless agreed upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first match, each player/team may choose one stage from the available list that won't be used during the series.

For Teams play, Team Attack is on, and life-stealing is allowed. Just don't complain when your partner loses the match because of it. ;]

Stages banned for Teams only are as follows: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City.
In all really good set of Rules(for an anime con that is lawl)
There will be other Events going on that day (halo Naruto etc.) so if i beat you in Smash you can still try to beat me in some other game HAHAHAH!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No this is not my tounry im just advertsing for CSU is all.
When: May 24th
Were: 4225 University Avenue(The Davidson Center)
Why: Cause X2X said so thats why
As far as Rules go:
Double-elimination
Stock matches,
4 lives and an 8-minute time limit

Random stages set will be as follows: Battlefield, Yoshi's Story (-not- 64), Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams (Singles-only for FoD).

Banned stages are as follows: Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Story 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle (-not- 64), Great Bay. Anything else is fair game.

All sets are best two out of three, except for the finals of each bracket, which will be best three out of five.

Regulations:
In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the match will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

While we will have controllers to be used, we would recommend you bringing your own, simply for convenience purposes, and so that you can't use the controller as an excuse for doing badly. Do so at your own risk, however; we are not responsible for misplaced or lost controllers.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Any sign of cheating will also result in ejection from the tournament.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

After each game of a set, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

No stage may be used twice in a set unless agreed upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first match, each player/team may choose one stage from the available list that won't be used during the series.

For Teams play, Team Attack is on, and life-stealing is allowed. Just don't complain when your partner loses the match because of it. ;]

Stages banned for Teams only are as follows: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City.
In all really good set of Rules(for an anime con that is lawl)
There will be other Events going on that day (halo Naruto etc.) so if i beat you in Smash you can still try to beat me in some other game HAHAHAH!
Heh, I wrote those rules for Joe.

Erm, yeah, come. It's a convention with lots of stuff to do, and it's free, so if you're in the area, you have no excuse.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
We're looking at extremely close matches if only Columbus shows up to this... all of us are running on even with each other nowadays... so bottom line: STAY HOME SO I HAVE A CHANCE!!!

rofl j/k on the staying home part

Jx31

Smash Ace
Ah, looks like we are going to have some more heavy hitters in addition to reflex this time around!

You know you wanna fight the Boozer.
My roommate definitely does, you kicked his *** in the finals last tournament.:urg:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Awww lame.

I probably wont be able to show up to this. Who knows.

I'm supposed to go to Savannah that day to hear the Lincoln Center Jazz Band play, and that's some crazy **** there.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hey Twister... I am looking for somebody good enough to actually beat my brother so that his ego will deflate >.< If this was 2 years ago, I would do it myself, but since then he has seriously taken over the position of having no life except Halo 2. So if you have like, 5$, I'll introduce you to him to play him for it. Reason why I say play him for money, is because if you play him and beat him with nothing on the line, he will just john big time about him not trying... which... he probably wouldn't be trying haha. So yeah, anyone else interested in deflating his ego? I've waited a long time for the moment... >.> And don't challenge him to Smash unless you feel like being insulted up to your ears... <.<

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Hey Twister... I am looking for somebody good enough to actually beat my brother so that his ego will deflate >.< If this was 2 years ago, I would do it myself, but since then he has seriously taken over the position of having no life except Halo 2. So if you have like, 5$, I'll introduce you to him to play him for it. Reason why I say play him for money, is because if you play him and beat him with nothing on the line, he will just john big time about him not trying... which... he probably wouldn't be trying haha. So yeah, anyone else interested in deflating his ego? I've waited a long time for the moment... >.> And don't challenge him to Smash unless you feel like being insulted up to your ears... <.<
Sure thing.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
A sure warning though: I have no doubt that my brother is a complete badass at the game. More so than I ever was. He is very cocky, so bring your earplugs too.

On topic: This **** will rock.

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
A sure warning though: I have no doubt that my brother is a complete badass at the game. More so than I ever was. He is very cocky, so bring your earplugs too.

On topic: This **** will rock.
Meh, cockiness is alright. I'm not the most humble person in the world either. But I do look forward to playing him. ;)

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Gerb and I gon take dat team $hyt.
Ugh.. I hate when they don't give a definite time for the different tourneys because:

A. The thing starts at 10 AM, but the tourneys could start around 4 PM :mad:

B. Too many events going on at the same time causes you to miss a good event. :(

C. You decide "Hey I bet the tourney doesn't start until at least 2". You show up at 2 to find the **** thing has already started.

Hopefully this will run better than the Coca Cola Space Science Center...then again....

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Last time C-CSSC didn't even have the SSBM tourny LOL. They said they would but they never got around to it. Man... that one was so long ago, like.... long ago enough where I was just quitting Halo cause that was my last tournament (I won my iPod there! YAY!)

Wow... I'm flipping out on how much time has passed since then... *looks at join date* holy hell! Almost 1 year!!!! Time sure does fly when one is getting their *** beat continuously...

nice1

Smash Lord
Last time C-CSSC didn't even have the SSBM tourny LOL. They said they would but they never got around to it. Man... that one was so long ago, like.... long ago enough where I was just quitting Halo cause that was my last tournament (I won my iPod there! YAY!)

Wow... I'm flipping out on how much time has passed since then... *looks at join date* holy hell! Almost 1 year!!!! Time sure does fly when one is getting their *** beat continuously...
sup gerbil i want my rematch from when u beat me at g4s2 ;) also does anyone wanna team with me

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
B. Too many events going on at the same time causes you to miss a good event. :(
This quote caught me eye because the same thought lingered in my head, but I didn't really speculate over it. BUT...I wanna play more than one game so.... 1.) Is there anything else happening besides Nerd/Anime sh*t, like any other games or anything other than Halo and Smash, and 2.) Do these games have assigned times, like...for instance Smash at 11, and Halo later on or something?

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Gerb and I gon take dat team $hyt.
Ugh.. I hate when they don't give a definite time for the different tourneys because:

A. The thing starts at 10 AM, but the tourneys could start around 4 PM :mad:

C. You decide "Hey I bet the tourney doesn't start until at least 2". You show up at 2 to find the **** thing has already started.

Hopefully this will run better than the Coca Cola Space Science Center...then again....
You and Gerbil are going to get ROCKED by Samus and teh Boozer:)
@ Twister: Yeah heres the llist of other stuff going on that day.
Some tournaments and contests include:
Guitar Hero II - Sponsored by RedOctane
Gears of War tournament – Hosted by Kappa Sigma with proceeds going to Children’s Miracle Network
Super Smash Brothers
Naruto 4
MechWarrior
HeroClix
HorrorClix
Magic: The Gathering
Mystical Empire
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Costume Contests for both children and adults

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I really want to go to this, the usual decider in this situation as usual is with the ride thing, but I'll see how it goes. 10 to 12 though. Wow, that's gonna be insane. But...a good thing about this is that there are other games, so maybe my friends who dont play smash will come to this and play something else...Meh, w/e, enough rambling, hopefully, some good ish will rise in my favor.

Edit: The link to the site has informed me that face painting will be at this event, now I'm making sure I get there. ;)

PADA

Smash Rookie
yeah, i want to go, i definitely will if i can get a ride back to columbus. i have like 5 friends i went to high school with that live in my apt. building so if one of them are going back for the weekend i'll hitch a ride with them. other than that, i'm not riding my motorcycle 3 1/2 hours to spend spend a weekend at home.

CampusNerds

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, this is the organizer of NerdaCon.

As far as other stuff going on, yeah, we have a ton of stuff arranged in all kinds of different areas. We have some bands playing, martial art demonstrations, boffer combat demos, and a vendors room, amongst other things.

As far as the CCSSC thing, I would be willing to bet that we have put at least ten times more work into planning this event. Our events wont be overlooked, or forgotten, so dont worry about that.

As far as prizes go, I think people missed the most important part: The trophy and medal are the MINIMUM prize. Now, $1 from the $2 entry fee goes into the trophy for first place. So, say that we have 32 people come play in the tournament, the winner walks away with $32 dollars, a cup trophy, and most likely some other goodies.

The way that I see it, if you have a tournament, there should be enough incentive to play in it, and we have done what we could to try to offer that.

Hope to see you guys there,

Matthew Ballard
President of the Campus Nerds
NerdaCon Organizer

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Alright guys I made a "results" thread for this. I had a blast, but now it is all over. Good night!

Top Bottom