• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needs maor Roy...

Sukai

Smash Champion
After Brawl's release it seems the alot of the diversity in Melee tourneys have died down significantly, I see alot of Falcons, Foxes, Falcos, Peaches, and Marths, and a few High Tiers and Sheiks every now and then, but nothing other than that.
Now the other characters I don't care about, but Roy can get some action in as well, it's been shown that Roy can tango with the best of 'em and win, save for Marth (especially), Falco and Peach.
His weak points aside, he as alot of untapped potential, even after NEO and Reed showed how badass Roy can own.
Now, being a Brawl player I can't do much right now, if I'm to acquaint myself with Melee again, I'll need to stop playing Brawl, I just can't be used to them both, and I don't plan on going back to Melee for a while, although I do plan to getting back to it eventually.

Well, from the looks of it, these boards are quite dead, and I doubt any reply I'll get would be something relating to "I'll bring Roy back, just you wait!", but this has just been something that has been lingering over me for a while, granted once I get back to Melee, It's all Roy.
Back before I got to Brawl, I mained Sheik and Marth, but now, I'm going back to my boy!
Until then, would anyone at all bust in a tourney and Roy it up right?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey i like roy more than marth roy isn't gay but dude middle and low and bottom tiers are DEAD ,well not mewtwo , but still man i am doing the same thing with pichu but at a higher level. i go staight to people and ask about their pichu game ask them to post and it's a dead zone ,good luck man really

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Yeah...us low-tiers are dead for now. I'm not; my G&W is rippin!!!

It would be nice for someone to play him and show vids. but you don't have to unless you would like to or will enjoy Roy again/Melee.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
It wasn't THAT long ago that Sethlon was in a tournament was it? O.o I use Roy....not as often as I should because I'm heading downhill with Roy for some reason. I should really work hard to get my Roy game on and poppin'.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Well if you truly feel that way...make it your goal to bring Roy back.

But I promise you that there are still Roy players around, despite the decrease in popularity.

If you can, post some vids of your Roy and show us what you got. :)

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Where I play, Roy is still quite popular.
It's mostly thanks to me saying, "hmm... who's that guy with the fire?"
and then playing him and winning.
I haven't really seen any good Roys, but if yours is any better than mine, show us.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
It wasn't THAT long ago that Sethlon was in a tournament was it?
Yeah, I still play melee. Still enter a melee tourney whenever they pop up in texas, which is about every month or so.
I forget this board exists sometimes though, its not very active =/

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
sethlon you def need to post more matches :D i always feel like i'm missing something when i play roy...

Sukai

Smash Champion
Whoa now, my Roy isn't "So NorCal Pro" or anything, but I can drop some jaws with what I do.
I'll get a video when I truly feel I have it down pat.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey just keep mind roy is still played for fun ,but not always for money and post amazing videos and try to see if you have found everything about roy, i am taking pichu to a new level, you could do the same as roy ,play him with a passion and if you great good remember roy 's combo vid musik is classical or kind of classical and how about this i tell people to play roy over marth and tell people to play pichu over pika

Forcystus

Smash Apprentice
What are u talking about OP? Roy doesn't have more potential than say Samus, Ganon, Doc, Mario, and DK. These characters are all better than him. Roy is not good enough to play with the Top/High/Middle tiers, end of story.

Top Bottom