• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some feedback

SuSa

Banned via Administration
1) Don't waste utilt, avoid using it except to juggle at low %'s (0-20%) or to KO (95%+ )

2) Stop using so much fair, especially against Kirby whom can punish Snake's mistakes/lag. (Even though your opponent sucked)

3) When you grab, make sure to pummel a few times. It's extra damage and freshens your moves.

4) Stop using so much fair. (This is so important I put it twice)

5) From the tech chase, SH dair can work (although not really against Kirby, pops him up to much after a certain %)

6) Tell your friend he can press A to get up from the dthrow.... he was only rolling, it made me want to cry for him.

7) Don't fall for simple Kirby spam. He shouldn't have gotten a stock off ya. /wrists

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Also don't just throw out your attacks (just finished the vid) actually plan your attacks and force your opponent to do what you want them to do.

A lot of times you just dash attacked for no reason. Same with a dtilt and stuff...

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Pretty much everything SuSa said, but aside from that, work on your grenade game, use your jabs, be it Jab > ftilt or full jab. You can follow up those dthrows with a lot of other stuff, other than just more grabs when at those higher percents. Also try not to roll as much.

nevershootme

Smash Master
in this video, who was doing all that clicking, cuz that's really not needed to play snake anyways O_o

Now heres' my analysis

-You f-air spam too much and fast falling, let the animation do it's course. take advantage of a full hop b-air if you can.

-the f-tilt lock you did on the 3rd stock, it does not always work btw, in fact, it never does really...

-Keep in mind that snake is not like a marth or mk in that matter, so spamming moves is so un-needed. play more snake to understand the properties for his attacks, then you can take advantage of his frames

-Try to utilize his c4, do your best to time and lure

-Same case for the mine, on a fresh stock, if the opponent doesn't notice, lure him into the mine for extra damage

-you spammed grab too much, keep it to a minimum unless you're confident you're in range.

-try to do a few jab checks, that way you can follow up with a f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, or grab

-learn to be patient if you can... power shield it

IxxI

Smash Fence
Everything what people said above me.

And use explosives and predict how they are going to react and punish.
You're supposed to weave opponents into your tilts and grabs.
That's what Snake is.

Yeast

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm the noob in the video lol. I only started to use the GCN controller the day I made the vid. I messed everything up and found myself button mashing D=. I think I will focus more on PBR now, sigh...

Top Bottom