• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with the edge bomb (dunno the real name)

~Kyte

Smash Cadet
Well since the title is unclear, i mean the technique where u bowser bomb while hanging on the ledge... i saw ninjalink do this alot in his matches and ive been trying to perfect it on a custom course i made to not die and i only get it like 60% of the time, it either rolls up off the ledge or i sink too far down and bomb to what would be my death.

Does anyone have any tricks to this to make it more successful? ive been racking my brain but came up with nothing.

on a side note, im new here, used to main diddy but bowser is just to cool O_o, ill be trying to get some of my games on youtube for critique in the coming weeks!

~Kyte

Smash Cadet
lol yeah, that is what im trying, and is holding up on the control stick beneficial? i did it a few times but didnt see a difference

B!squick

Smash Master
I just drop, jump, and then DownB. That's how I thought everyone did it, lol. I even hit someone coming towards the ledge with it once.

B!squick

Smash Master
If you do it fast enough, you barely stop being level with the ledge and you end up just rising a bit. And as I said, I hit someone who got too close even. :)

~Kyte

Smash Cadet
yeah, my primary concern is when sum1 stalls their recovery and i need to get my invincibility frames, like against a spacy, or ike is a good example, also for mind games into the jump bowser bomb if theyre standing too close on the edge... hehe

Shök

Smash Champion
You can do it two ways.

You can be under the edge and down-b.

Since the down-b has a small vertical reach, it will still reach the edge.

Or you can be on top of the edge.

Obviously, you land of the edge.

Top Bottom