• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help with My Marth

Dark aura Marth

Smash Rookie
Hey I need help with my marth I always have trouble getting my enemies in air Block timing and stool jumping.Also Fore some reason when i use left/right b it never lets me do the last attack with i tap it fast.
so can anyone give me ideas to solve these problems.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
For the over b thing, just slow down the button presses or pause a half second before doing the last hit. I am not sure what u mean by air block timing but the footstool jumping thing isn't that important. However, if u must, u have to try to press the jump button when your body is contacting theirs from either thier immediate side or their head. Its probably safer to kill them by down airing them with the tip of marth's sword anyway (but footstool into a down air spike is awesome too)

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
Sorry mispelled I ment I need help getting my oponent in the air so i can use marths areils.But thanks for the advice
You don't need to get your opponents in the air.You can short hop then Fair, Nair, or auto-RAR to Bair. If you do want to hit your opponent into the air you can dash then upsmash or use sideB combo using upB hits.

Dark aura Marth

Smash Rookie
This may sound noobish. Whats fair nair bair and auto rar.But thaks for the advice on getting my opponent in the air.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
fair= forward air, bair= back air, nair= neutral air. These are all air attacks using the A button auto rar i dont kno but trust me it isn't at all necessary. To get people in the air just use the combo, short hop then fair, or grab them when they block and throw them up. U don't need people to be in the air to fight them well because the dancing blade combo works well on the floor. Also try to break your enemies shield with the shieldbreaker. 2 hits to their shield and its gone (no charging needed). You can hop and charge this in the air also to trick your opponent into blocking. When thier shield breaks, step back a little and charge the shieldbreaker all the way and hit them with the tip for an instant KO if their damage is high enough (50%+ is fine). Check some of the other threads where ppl ask for help with their marths for more tips that i posted or just ask me again. :) Btw, under my name it says smash noob but im actually a melee veteran and a brawl semi-pro in the making.

∫unk

Smash Master
Btw, under my name it says smash noob but im actually a melee veteran and a brawl semi-pro in the making.
Again, start talking after a few major tournament wins please. Self-praise is nauseating on the forums.

Footstool jumping isn't needed, and often dangerous. Just go for whatever aerial you haven't used in a while off the edge.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Oh, when i said semi-pro in the making i meant that i am just trying to take marth as far as i can. I wasn't praising myself. I know I am not the best but i sure as heck can put up a fight. If u wanna know what level i am at then i would be more than willing to fight you online. I could upload a video if u want me to but i am curious to see how u play. U seem like you know enough to be a tough opponent. For me, tournaments aren't really my thing cuz its so competitive sometimes that strategies go to spamming and whatnot (this is just my personal experience with a local melee tounament where i lost to peach and ness's pk fire down smash spin combo). However, if i happen to win a tournament, i will be sure to let u know (not that i am overconfident or anything). Brawl is nice because it feels like everyone is on an even playing field. A lot of the glitches from melee (wavedashing, waveshining, L-canceling, etc) are gone thus opening the playing field to those who couldn't (or wouldn't) take advantage or master these things.

Fornax

Smash Rookie
competitive play is what is going to help you grow more than anything else. Owning noobs all day will not help you improve your weaknesses because a noob will not exploit them. And, spamming moves are a legitimate part of the game and if you have trouble against them that just mean you need to find a way of beating it and not just give up calling it cheap.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You are NOT a melee vet backlash, you calling waveadshing or l canceling gitches prove that. So stop with that sort of talk, I don't know of you and I know virtually all smash vets that were worth mentioning.

Local melee tourneys are NOT any good unless the person making the rules has the sense to make it one on one without items and only play on the "right" stages. Losing to spamming is unexcusable though, Spamming isn't that hard to get around with much, especially if its a melee move and not a projectile. The only hole in marths game is projectiles and even those are easy to get around with instant double jumps, short hopped airdodges into the ground and well placed rolls.

And please, lets not toot our own horn in brawl, right now, we are suck, bad. After a few "major" state tourneys we can let the trash talking start back.

Dark aura Marth

Smash Rookie
Were getting off track here guys.......... I was playing my friend a few hours ago I can woop him when we play no items but when he uses metat knight i lose how should i beat him when hes meta knight.

Top Bottom