• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help Waveshining with Fox.

Alucard4444

Smash Rookie
I can do the wavedash easily, I know how to cancel fox's shine lag by jumping.
Ok so I can wavedash into my opponent and use the shine but I can't wavedash out of the shine. So what I've been doing is wavedashing into my opponent, jump and do the same thing.
I'm tired of using my cheap imitation of a waveshine.:laugh:
Can someone help me learn how to do the waveshine?

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
Just practice taking it slow. That's how I got it down. Shine, wavedash out of it. Keep at it. That's really the only advice that can be given. I suggest doing it outside if battle first, then try to work it in.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
Yeah just do it slowly thats how i got it down even though im still pretty bad at getting the perfect wavedash. just go into training mode and shine then wait a second then wavedash then wait a second shine etc. then speed it up once you do it everytime so on and so forth.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Try using the claw method...Hold the controller so that your index finger is on X and your thumb on B...it takes awhile to get used to but is ultimitly easier IMO.

Razed

Smash Ace
Try using the claw method...Hold the controller so that your index finger is on X and your thumb on B...it takes awhile to get used to but is ultimitly easier IMO.
Whoa really? After you're done shining, you switch back to normal controls right? Do any pros use it? o.o

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
M2K does I believe ..and I never switch back when playing fox..I main samus and fox and for samus I don't use the claw method..but after a week with using it for fox It feels natural to me and it doesn't require strain on your fingers..it is really effective..

Edit: Also I hold the controller very weirdly compared to most smashers..I hold the control stick with my index and thumb as opposed to just my thumb..which makes things like SHDL a joke. I SH with the control stick and Full jump with X..I waveshine with X as well. I use L to shield and L-cancel.. Also I am a c-stick user for everything I can use it for.

Alucard4444

Smash Rookie
Hmm I think I got it now.
Thanks guys.
Now to work on my wavedash (My wavedash seems too short atleast for Fox)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Practice in normal speed not slower speeds.

You mean the claw method? Yes it works. And what about it do you not understand. Index finger hits X and thumb hits B.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Uhh do you know how to wavedash/waveshine?

You need to hit down b then X then airdoge diagonally into the ground immediatly to wavedash...repeat.

The claw method is easier because it doesn't require you to move your fingers increably fast.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Pretty much yeah. And sure thing :).

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
I actually find it easy to just keep my hand on the controller and just quickly press the buttons as they go. My only problem is the difference from wavedashing and triangle jumping. I'm having some trouble getting the timing. There so close: wavedashing and triangle jumping

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You jsut need to press the butttons faster...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes he can...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The only people you want to triangle jump with is Kirby and Zelda. You don't want to triangle jump with fox..just wavedash.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It is impossible to shine them again if you triangle jump. It is not fast enough. Just work on your wavedash length. Try holding the control stick at a little more than a 45 degree angle...

Wrath`

Smash Master
I hate when you shine me.

But i will beat fox with ness next week.:flame: :flame: :smiliegor :uzi: :smash: :chainsaw:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
PMing me is fine,.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Go ahead its fine with me. I'm always glad to help ^_^!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Mind if I add you as a buddy? (its always good to check with the person)
Buddy gets a Buddy.

I'm not going to stop until you give me my pasword for pbucket.:mad:

ON topic:I dont need waveshinig to wing,heck i dont even know how to do it.But I'm still good.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Fox realy isnt in my arsenal but I can waveshine across the board with him:), What I din helpful is doing the wavedash at a almost vertical angle with the controller, its hard to hit everytime even with practice but. I usually, Shine, then let go of the buttons and control stick completly and start my wavedash then repeate the process. It works very well if you find your self confused over thesame control combonation over and over again.

good luck!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Buddy gets a Buddy.

I'm not going to stop until you give me my pasword for pbucket.:mad:

ON topic:I dont need waveshinig to wing,heck i dont even know how to do it.But I'm still good.

Lol whatever works for you man.

Top Bottom