• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help in shiek dittos

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
It seems to be my worst matchup, i either **** the other shiek or just barely lose. And the bad part is that its my friend who doesnt even use sheik as a main. Should i just be gay with chain grabs and tilts or is there something that works good on shiek? I dont like to be gay, but i just dont know what else i should try.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
It seems to be my worst matchup, i either **** the other shiek or just barely lose. And the bad part is that its my friend who doesnt even use sheik as a main. Should i just be gay with chain grabs and tilts or is there something that works good on shiek? I dont like to be gay, but i just dont know what else i should try.
If you don't like to be gay, you shouldn't play shiek. If you can't get over CGing and lame tilt combos being gay, then you need to find a new character. Personally, I don't have any problem with any of this, but seriously, if you find some of shiek's tactics gay and limit your game because of it, you're severely hurting your game. Let other people John about how gay shiek is, as a Shiek player, you just need to use every edge you can get to win matches.

I used to wreck a friend of mine's shiek with my crappy shiek not too long ago using almost exclusively spaced bairs and needles to frustrate him into making a grabable mistake, which I would then exploit to cg him up to 70ish and then ftilt, fair, edgegaurd for the win. Eventually he figured all this out and now severely wrecks me, but I can't but my finger on what makes a good shiek dittoer.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I know most of the Sheik mains in my area, so we usually agree not to CG... But if it's a crew or tourny match or something, you CG. There's not a lot to explain in this match; it's mostly mind games. Whoever gets in the most tilts wins. DI all the tilts away. Never go out to edge guard her; just wait for her to upb on the stage, get on, grab, throw her off, repeat.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
Yeah i usually to the bair shffls to keep them at bay, but it just sux having my friend try to foward tilt me to death. Theres no fun in it.

theres a lot more to sheik dittos then chaingrabbing
plz elaborate, u say theres more but didnt say what.

If you don't like to be gay, you shouldn't play shiek. If you can't get over CGing and lame tilt combos being gay, then you need to find a new character. Personally, I don't have any problem with any of this, but seriously, if you find some of shiek's tactics gay and limit your game because of it, you're severely hurting your game. Let other people John about how gay shiek is, as a Shiek player, you just need to use every edge you can get to win matches.

ur first statement is not true at all, i actually own a lot of ppl i know without tilting or CGing b/c its not fun if i do it. I dont normally use those in my game play and that is y i dont want to have to resort to it and just be another "gay" shiek player. So is there anything else that works well on shiek dittos besides CGs and foward tilts? i want to win using skill, not just one move. And please dont just tell me to practice or get better b/c i want to know what is something that i should work on.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
It is skill using tilts... You don't stand in one place and ftilt all game long. :|

If you don't want to take advantage of the best characteristics of Sheik, USE SOMEONE ELSE.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
its nor much skill, i know how to use them, u have to move and wavedash in the direction they DI in. So stop just trying to start an argument, u posted exactly what i said not to. anything besides tilts and CGs that anyone can sugest?

and i do find it kind of sad that so far everyone says for me to stop using shiek b/c i dont want to tilt most of the match... Tilts get u almost no where in most tourneys unless ur fighting ppl who dont know how to DI.

Its almost like teling a marth player to stop using marth if they dont want to F-Smash the whole match. There are other moves and i jsut want to know WHAT ELSE WORKS WELL AGAINST SHIEK

Ares726

Smash Ace
I know you don't want to hear it, but the most effective tool in a Sheik ditto is the chaingrab. Second to that are tilts. It's pretty simple. However, after those is where people might disagree. I like to use lots of needles in that matchup...actually, I like to use lots of needles in every matchup, but back to the topic at hand. Bair is good in this matchup to keep the other Sheik at bay. Basically, whoever is better with Sheik will win.

Also, nobody is telling you to spam titls and grabs. If you go around the whole match trying to grab your opponent, they'll spot dodge and punish the lag (unless you JC, make sure to JC all your grabs). If you try to tilt the whole match, they'll just get behind you. You shouldn't be all elitist and say, "I'm too good for tilts and grabs, so I won't use one third of my character's attacks. They are cheap and beneath me." That makes you sound ********. No offense or anything, that's just how I see it. Tilts and grabs are a huge part of Sheik's game because (1) that's 1/3 of the available move slots and (2) they're awesome. If they're part of Sheik's game in her other matchups, you shouldn't neglect them in dittos.

Overall, my advice in this matchup would be basically the same as every other matchup: grab, tilt, and needle. Watch out for the opponents' grabs, be ready to spot dodge->dsmash/fair. Watch out for the opponents' tilts, be ready to shffl an aerial. Watch out for the opponents' needles, be ready to powershield/shield/jump/etc.

Edgeguarding is really important in this matchup too. Sheik has a ton of lag when she lands on the stage after an up-B. The best way to force her onto the stage is to edgehog. Then you can ledgehop->reverse fair or waveland->grab or whatever else you want to try.

Sorry for the semi-scatter brained post. I just typed as the thoughts were coming and didn't really plan out an organized post ahead of time. My bad. Oh yea, hope this helps by the way.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
I know you don't want to hear it, but the most effective tool in a Sheik ditto is the chaingrab. Second to that are tilts. It's pretty simple. However, after those is where people might disagree. I like to use lots of needles in that matchup...actually, I like to use lots of needles in every matchup, but back to the topic at hand. Bair is good in this matchup to keep the other Sheik at bay. Basically, whoever is better with Sheik will win.

Also, nobody is telling you to spam titls and grabs. If you go around the whole match trying to grab your opponent, they'll spot dodge and punish the lag (unless you JC, make sure to JC all your grabs). If you try to tilt the whole match, they'll just get behind you. You shouldn't be all elitist and say, "I'm too good for tilts and grabs, so I won't use one third of my character's attacks. They are cheap and beneath me." That makes you sound ********. No offense or anything, that's just how I see it. Tilts and grabs are a huge part of Sheik's game because (1) that's 1/3 of the available move slots and (2) they're awesome. If they're part of Sheik's game in her other matchups, you shouldn't neglect them in dittos.

Overall, my advice in this matchup would be basically the same as every other matchup: grab, tilt, and needle. Watch out for the opponents' grabs, be ready to spot dodge->dsmash/fair. Watch out for the opponents' tilts, be ready to shffl an aerial. Watch out for the opponents' needles, be ready to powershield/shield/jump/etc.

Edgeguarding is really important in this matchup too. Sheik has a ton of lag when she lands on the stage after an up-B. The best way to force her onto the stage is to edgehog. Then you can ledgehop->reverse fair or waveland->grab or whatever else you want to try.

Sorry for the semi-scatter brained post. I just typed as the thoughts were coming and didn't really plan out an organized post ahead of time. My bad. Oh yea, hope this helps by the way.
thank you, i see what u mean, i guess ill just try to space things out with bairs. And its not always the better shiek b/c my shiek is better than my friends (i can beat everyone else we know when i use shiek and he cant), its just that i hate fighting characters taht can do the same thing as me. I wasnt trying to sound cocky or say that tilits r below me, i jsut dont like to use them as much as some other ppl may, its just not as fun for me doing f-tilt a bunch f times with an ocasional punch or down tilt to a fair.

neighborhood, if u read what ares says he supports what i said, they will just roll behind u and punish u for it.

SHiek doesnt only need to tilt to win b/c i do fairly well without spamming them on other characters and have seen many other tourneys with shikes that didn not just tilt the whole time

and AS monkey, thx for the useless post.

If a modererator is watching this can u close this plz? ares helped answered my questoin and everyone else is just being an a**.

soap

Smash Hero
i try to call their dsmash and jump over and dair to start combos. but i really dont like sheik dittos at all either

AS Money

Smash Lord
AS monkey, thx for the useless post.
twas not useless chaingrabing is the only way to go in sheik dittos. drephan is a lier to say there is anything more besides tilt abuse and down smashes and chops but that is the same way to fight anyone in the entire game with sheik you only wanted to know the sheik ditto stratigy and exessive chaingrabing is the only difference between another sheik and any other character in the game

and its not AS:monkey: (kinda awsome though i like monkeys!!)

its AS$

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
well thats not true at all b/c i have had other shiek matches that rnt jsut chain grabs. That is basically saying anyone who can chain grab good will always win the match.

and it was useless b/c i said BESIDES Chain Grabbing and Tilts, and that is exactly what u posted, even though i said not to.

Top Bottom