• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help fighting an extremely spammy Wolf

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Okay, so I need a bit of help. =x

What advantages/disadvantages does Falco have over Wolf, what are some good approaches, and what's a reliable way to KO?

And when I say spammy, I really mean spammy.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
1. You can chaingrab
2. You can chaingrab to spike.
3. You can reflect all of his B, and even his side-B if timed well with your reflector, which has a decent reach.

If you manage to grab him near the edge (like your basically on the edge) you can wait till he breaks, he will then fall, run off and spike, then recover. or try to edge hog ^_^ your choice

I faced a REALLY spammy wolf (only used B and fsmash...) and thats what I did.

<.< its reliable, and easy to pull off.

If you don't want to chaingrab him into oblivion, you have a spike which if timed, can lead to an up or down smash, or a shorthop into a second spike, then any smash.

You can double laser, faster then he can spam his B.

Your side-B can hit him from a distance, while his goes diagnolly up.

Your aerial moves have a longer reach (and from what I remember, a higher priority..) approach using d or b air, avoid u and f air.

Wolf's side smash has an unrealistic distance when used, to where it gets annoying. just roll INTO him (learn to time this and when he's doing an fsmash) so that you may dodge this. But expect him to learn fast :\ so I don't advise this.

I say camp. You can reflect and spam B, and if he comes near you, sheild-grab into a chaingrab.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Falco destroys Wolf. 70%ish every stock, you can outcamp him, shine stops alot of his approaches and general spacing and your spike makes his already restricted recovery worse. You're better then him in most every way.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Use the bread askl;ddk;;kj lol

bread = reflector. Jump+DI+Reflector= Nice way to approach spammers. Or spam back. You out range him with you blaster and it's faster. Or something remotely punishable, Jump-> Side B towards him. Probably won't work to well but meh.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Thanks guys. I need to play this Wolf soon, so let's see how it goes. =x

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is why you main falco. To punish extremely noobish players with the chaingrab the easy way.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
I had this same problem a little while ago. my fix? secondary mk
(with mk) stay right above his head with your multiple jumps, and use (with precautions, don't put yourself in a bad situation) dair, fair, and nair to hit him over and over again. very hard to punish as long as you shield appropriately, and when the time comes up, a d-smash or b-up should get him off to the side, and you can ledgeguard/hog with your dair/speed, respectively.
enjoy! :)

:026:

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
We do not need other characters such as MK, Pika, or Kirby to beat Wolf!!!!! You just need Falco alone to kill a spammy wolf!

As the above posts say, CG to spike and edgeguard or just shine as he approaches or spam lasers!

My best advice is: Believe in the bread.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
You can running grab chaingrab Wolf across all of Final Destination and end with a spike to an edgehog. You can pretend you're the Ice Climbers!
On other ways, though, your laser is better than his, can be shot faster, and you can reflector faster than he can. Your shine stops all attempts at FSmashing, as does your jab.
And his recovery is as bad as yours. You have the better spike. (Faster)
Your aerials out reach his. Never use UAir or FAir. (Never use those two in most cases anyway.)
In short, your options from far away are better, your options at mid-range (Where spacing is important) are better, and your close range options are better.
Basically, you are better, faster, and stronger.
Well, maybe not stronger. Avoid their DSmash.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
well you can lazer him with reflector till you get close, you can chain throw him in palce like a 2-3 times and take him to the edge, stay more in the air and remember your reflector. you should be fine

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yes. Chaingrab that mutt! I did that to him, got him up to around 70%, spiked him at the end of the stage. I still lost do to lag and SD, but I could have won seeing I had gotten him down to one stock. After your chaingrabbing becomes useless, just do whatever you can to beat Wolf. If Wolf finds a way out of your chaingrabbing, d-throw him once and use your f-smash. I do that to those hard to chaingrab opponents. :laugh: Also, mind games. Don't fire your laser in the beginning of the match. When you see an opening, fire two lasers and that's it. He'll most likely pull up his reflector. If you're close enough, use your forward B after firing the two lasers. Not only did you hurt him with about 6%, but you also tricked him and used your forward B to deal more damage.

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice
You can running grab chaingrab Wolf across all of Final Destination and end with a spike to an edgehog. You can pretend you're the Ice Climbers!
On other ways, though, your laser is better than his, can be shot faster, and you can reflector faster than he can. Your shine stops all attempts at FSmashing, as does your jab.
And his recovery is as bad as yours. You have the better spike. (Faster)
Your aerials out reach his. Never use UAir or FAir. (Never use those two in most cases anyway.)
In short, your options from far away are better, your options at mid-range (Where spacing is important) are better, and your close range options are better.
Basically, you are better, faster, and stronger.
Well, maybe not stronger. Avoid their DSmash.
Actually UAir is good past 120%ish and Fair is a good edge chase move. You can easily gimp a Wolf's recovery with a well timed Fair.

wangston

Smash Lord
When doing the chain grab past 40% you can chain until about 55% give or take but once wolf is past 40% you can't buffer the dash and d-air him to his death he flys too far away from you. So unless you have him below 40% don't try to spike him you will just miss. When ever I have wolf over 40% I use f-air and the last hit has enough knock back to keep him from recovering if you edge hog.

Top Bottom