• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help Building A Website!!!

PolMex23

Smash Champion
For a family business, that needs help.

A few of our regular business partners have or do business with websites or over the web.

An guess what? They make bank. Funny thing is, their sellin our matts at double our regular price, not even double our factory prices. Thats why there regulars xD.

Well, cutting this short the business is struggling an just getting by. I feel bad that Ive waited soooo long to act upon this situation but now I plan to have one done in a week (I know its possible).

So, here i go.

1. How do I get a .com domain?
Do I go thru google or ect.? Or is there better? The best please( An im not goin cheap 20 a month to 40 as long as its worth it)...*(But if theres a free option thats just as good then gimme! xD)

2. Most websites look like this
a.http://www.bestbuy.com/
b.http://www.serta.com/
c.http://clearwatermattress.com/Home/default.aspx *

* The mattress giant website is the simplest yet this would be just mad perfect. I know its an easy layout not too complicated I just don't know how.

So please, asap, an if you live around me an go to the tourneys Ima start to attend I will give you money for any aid (20-100) im serious

Thank you much love
Sincerely your brethren Michal Kopij aka Polmex23

Veggi

Smash Champion
It's hard for me to pay attention right now, but I know how to design web pages using notepad...which I feel like throwing out there although it may not be useful to you. The extent that I know HTML is not that great...maybe I sound like a ******* right now, I'm not really sure.

I know how to build them using frames (like having web pages inside a web page so it can stay on the same page and switch a certain area to different pages, although it takes longer to load), the default way or making it using tables (which I suck at.)

I'm not sure if I have enough time to create one or even the ability to create a worth-while one, but I thought it might be worth trying...or maybe not.

DC

Smash Cadet
I used to get paid mad money to do web design.

We sat in a hot *** office and I'd basically do whatever the **** the website owner would tell me to do. Man I hated that job. The money was ridiculous, though.

Jaff

Smash Rookie
I know how to build them using frames (like having web pages inside a web page so it can stay on the same page and switch a certain area to different pages, although it takes longer to load), the default way or making it using tables (which I suck at.)

I'm not sure if I have enough time to create one or even the ability to create a worth-while one, but I thought it might be worth trying...or maybe not.
Why do you know that? Frames went out like 7 years ago.

Also PolMex, just google around for free website layouts. Should be enough to get something simple fired up in a few days. Making a custom design would take several consecutive days of work, and costs several times the $100 you mentioned.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Why do you know that? Frames went out like 7 years ago.

Also PolMex, just google around for free website layouts. Should be enough to get something simple fired up in a few days. Making a custom design would take several consecutive days of work, and costs several times the $100 you mentioned.
Because I was taught what to do at school with very little mention on how to apply it to my life. :laugh:

Top Bottom