• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help beating my friend's WeeGee

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I need tips on getting better against him. Most of the time, I'm in the lead, but then he gets some good item before I do(Poke Ball, Fan, Dragoon, etc.), even before I get to suck them up. If we fought on Final D, I might have a chance, but he likes to fight on Spear Pillar and Green Hill Zone. I'd like to fight him with no items and Final Destination, but he thinks it takes no skill.

Ps: he camps a lot

Note: I don't use specials a lot, and I mostly use Throws, Tilts, Jabs, and Aerials

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Hmm..items.. see thats the problem >.>
Items turn the tide drastically . They're all about luck. Its about which item pops up where and when. I for one HATE items >.>

Try your best to play him w/o items. If anything, work out a deal. Tell him that he gets to pick the stage, as long as there are no items. You say your ahead before the good items come right? Then you should have no problem beating him without them. The stage doesnt make nearly as much difference as items do, so any stage would generally be O.K. Still, i would try for F.D.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I hate items too. They can be fun to use, but it doesn't take skill to use them. At least not your skill. When he throws a poke ball, he gets a good Pokemon most of the time, but then when I throw it, I get Staryu, Goldeen, and if I'm lucky: Metagross or Moltres. Even Gardevoir to stop the camping. And poke balls aren't even the only items out there...

I tried to work out a deal with him long ago, but he didn't agree. But thanks anyway :)

In response to kirbywizard: I thought the same thing too, but either I'm not good enough, or he's really good at camping. I can crouch under his Fireballs, but what's annoying is the Super Scope and that think that gives you hot breath(forgot the name)

Pink murder

Smash Ace
I hate items too. They can be fun to use, but it doesn't take skill to use them. At least not your skill. When he throws a poke ball, he gets a good Pokemon most of the time, but then when I throw it, I get Staryu, Goldeen, and if I'm lucky: Metagross or Moltres. Even Gardevoir to stop the camping. And poke balls aren't even the only items out there...

I tried to work out a deal with him long ago, but he didn't agree. But thanks anyway :)
If there absolultely no way you can work out a deal..(Which i find rediculous)
then its time to bring out kirbys cheapness ^^
Now here's what you do. JUMP!
Just float all around the place. Then when you see a good item, go down and pick it up. The pokemon on the floor will rarely be able to hit you, and he himself will have trouble getting you. When you pick up the item then jump again, and throw it from underneath you. If your worried about him getting you while your coming down, then i'd fall with falling Bairs, or with a Dair. Hell, even Fairs would be O.k to use.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I only use items in the following circumstances:

1) I'm brawling someone who does (I don't really mind).
2) I feel like having the most insane TB in the history of the universe (10 stock, all items on high, Hyrule)
3) I'm at a party with people who have never played smash before

They're all about luck. Seriously, I played with smashballs on against my friend's Kirby, using marth (I have 0 experience with him) and won because I got, like, 10 smashballs and he got 2 (which I avoided, btw).

Anyway, onto your problem. I'd say you have an insane brawl once in a while (or maybe a lot), but still have some brawls without items. Or just don't play with him until he agrees to brawl without them.

However, he might say it takes no skill to play 3-stock 8 minutes no items FD because he sucks like that and can only win with items, in which case you have a bit of a problem.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I could just not play him at all, but then I'd be left with CPUs and my little cousins(they suck...). I'll try that thing you said, Pink murder. I just nope nothing flies out the air XD. would have used Kirbycides, but he banned them, because they're cheap.

EDIT: the worst part about the stages he picks is that they always seem to play the songs I hate.

Items are fun, but now its gone too far. He thinks he's better than me, and that I "suck *insert nasty word here* at Brawl"

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I could just not play him at all, but then I'd be left with CPUs and my little cousins(they suck...). I'll try that thing you said, Pink murder. I just nope nothing flies out the air XD. would have used Kirbycides, but he banned them, because they're cheap.

EDIT: the worst part about the stages he picks is that they always seem to play the songs I hate.

Items are fun, but now its gone too far. He thinks he's better than me, and that I "suck *insert nasty word here* at Brawl"
you could just fight people on wifi instead of you friend

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If he refuses to play without items find better people lol. When someone thinks you suck hairy man balls at Brawl because you lose with items on it is your obligation to punch them in the face and call his mom a *****.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
**applauds**

Well done, Mr. Stupid who thinks you suck because you don't like items.

(cookie for the reference)

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I don't have Wifi.

There's so many kinds of battles I'd like to do, though

I hear Brawl Wifi has ultimate lag

EDIT: I have a bunch of rules of my own! When I come to his house tomorrow, these are the rules we're playing by:

NO ITEMS! KIRBY ONLY! FINAL DESTINATION! 3-STOCK! 8 MINUTES!

(haha hes not good with kirby :D)

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Not really.. i mean theres some, but if you have a good connection, its not really too bad. Take me for example. I have great connection, and most my friends have horrible ones, but theres usually not a noticible amount of lag. Of course the feel of it is much slower IMO, but it generally doesnt make too much of a difference.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Lol i'd take out the "Kirby only" part xD
Now it sounds like your bullying him :p
The rest is fine. And if he complains that your a noob because you dont like items, then show him this thread!

I forget, does the USB connector offer a good connection? >.>

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I have wireless internet.

Lol, I can just imagine what this will be like:

---

Me: Let's Brawl!

Him: YAAAY!!

Me: Wait! No items! Final Destination! 3-Stock! 8 Minutes!

Him: Let's use items, just this once.

Me: Okay.

*5 minutes later, I lose*

Me: Hey what the hell was that?

---

Just kidding! WeeGee's going DOWN!

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Yes, I have wireless internet.

Lol, I can just imagine what this will be like:

---

Me: Let's Brawl!

Him: YAAAY!!

Me: Wait! No items! Final Destination! 3-Stock! 8 Minutes!

Him: Let's use items, just this once.

Me: Okay.

*5 minutes later, I lose*

Me: Hey what the hell was that?

---

Just kidding! WeeGee's going DOWN!
Lmao xD Thats exactly what you have to avoid! XD
If you have wireless internet, you should have wi-fi
Have you messed around with the connection settings on your wii?
Or do you have that "Local area connection" thing >.>

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I think I have that "Local Area Connection" thing. I MAY be able to do Wifi, except I don't know my WEP Key.

My little cousins are also coming over tomorrow. They suck, but Free-For-Alls are really fun :) they both use Sonic

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Man that sucks how that person wants items on during your matches! Items IMO=No skill battle. :ohwell: Not to worry however! Well, since one of the items included are pokeballs, I may be able to help you here. If there are Assist Trophies included in your battles as well, then you're in luck! Well, first things first. Blue Flash, I suggest that you look at this as this may help you to use some pokemon/AT characters to your advantage:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215127

Yeah this was from my "failure thread" of an item guide. Still, I think it could give you an edge with this "competitive" item battle you are having! :laugh: Finally! I can refer someone to my item guide for the first time! =D Sorry. I was just SOOO disappointed that this didn't get a LITTLE more attention than it should have as I did put a lot of effort into it. I even updated it too... :( I know it's just items, but still, not a lot of people knew about these facts... It doesn't matter if you don't want to read it though. It's bound to die soon anyway...

Hmm... stages...stages... Well, actually, out of all the stages there are available in the game, I think you've made the wisest decision about which one to choose against Luigi because Final Destination is one of Luigi's worst stages to be on. This is because Luigi relies on his aerial game to rack up damage and it's easy for him to do so because his aerials are quick compared to most of the cast. But, because there are no platforms on FD, this will make it harder for Luigi to utilize his good aerial game. Another bad Luigi stage is Jungle Japes. This is because it's harder for Luigi to get early KO's with his ^B move: The Fire Jump Punch. Also, it'll be harder for him to KO lighter characters such as Kirby since the ceiling ceiling is SO HIGH. Stages you should avoid choosing when against Luigi are Battlefield, Smashville and Corneria. As I said before with Luigi being on FD, Battle field is technically the polar opposite of FD. This is where Luigi can utilize his good aerial game. Also, projectile spam is less effective against Luigi here too. Both of these reasons are because of the platforms that are present on this stage. For Smashville, the main stage is fairly closed in meaning that projectiles can't be used as effectively here like other characters would be able to on FD. Also, there is a platform to help Luigi further when it comes to avoiding projectiles and to help Luigi utilize his air game. On Corneria, watch out for ceiling KO's! Unlike Jungle Japes, the ceiling is much lower here! If Luigi uses his Fire Jump Punch (^B move.) on you and you are at a fairly high %, you'll die at lower %'s than what you're used to being KO'd at normally.

Well since you play Kirby, stages I recommend you play Luigi on are Jungle Japes, (For the same reason above) and probably any other good, flat, no platform stages. Pick the stages you feel comfortable with however because you don't want to play on a stage which annoys you constantly. (Eg. I HATE NPC because I can't get over how spacious it is. Therefore, I always think it's impossible to KO people here which is a weird thought I can't seem to get out of my head... >_>) I was going to suggest Rainbow Cruise too because that's another good Kirby stage. Buuuut I think that would only just compliment Luigi's good aerial game once the boat starts to sink. Unless if your friend doesn't have an aerial game at all, you could still take them here I guess. I know you didn't say that you wanted stage suggestions, but if you want to win against this person more easily, It couldn't hurt for to try those stages I suggested. :)

Hmm... How to help you with the actual match-up? Uhhh... I don't really know how I can help you here... I've never really fought a good Luigi player ever. PERIOD. But, I do know that Luigi's main strength is in his aerial game. So try to combat him more on the ground because I think that most of his ground moves IMO are like: "Meh". Also, Luigi has low range ground AND aerial attacks. IMO, I think that Kirby's Bair + other long range Kirby moves would be of a great assistance here. You could also bait that person to miss an attack and just punish them for it easily due to Luigi's low range.

Also Blue Flash, can you lighten me on the details of how this person makes his Luigi campy? I didn't think such a thing was possible with Luigi! TBH, I thought his Fireballs weren't that GREAT for a projectile...

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
wow items turn them off or be falco fox or wolf the projectille kings (cause of the reflector shields)

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I tried searching for an access point but they're all locked.

I turned items off and guess what? I 3-Stocked him! No Kirbycides! He wasn't so great after all!

Also, I(Kirby) had a Free-For-All with my little cousins(Sonic and Sonic) vs my friend(WeeGee), and they all went after me and not him! He isn't a threat without items! Though, I'm surprised he wasn't the first to die o.o

Btw, he was using the items to camp, not his own power.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Oh Blue Flash I forgot to ask, what type of wireless modem do you have? A couple of days ago, I was on some Wi-Fi site and apparently the type of wire-less modem/router you have can affect your connectivity. (This I didn't know.) My wire-less modem is a Linksys WRT54G which is compatible for connecting to Wi-Fi. According to their rating, it's one of their recommended wire-less routers to connect to Wi-Fi more smoothly. What's your wire-less modem brand? I need to know because maybe I can still help out if you still haven't got a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector yet...

I'll give you 2 sites to help you out if you are still having trouble getting online...

Router Compatability Ratings
http://www.nintendowifi.com.au/customersupport/supportedRouters.do

Connecting to Wi-Fi
http://www.nintendowifi.com.au/global/index.jsp?locale=en_AU

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I have Linksys.

Right now I'm watching my cousins(Sonic and Sonic) brawl against my friend(Lucario) in Mario Bros(he is the only person that likes it, the rest of us hate it).

BTW he still thinks I suck *insert nasty word here* in Brawl, so I'll show him this post someday.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I have Linksys.
Yeah okay, do you know what model number it is though? Because there are 3 different types... I found out what mine was by looking at the box. I think your computer can also tell you what it is too as well. Also, is your OS Windows XP or Windows Vista? If you have a MAC computer, well then you're out of luck. This is because I don't have one and I don't think I can help you there because they are VASTLY different from computers that have Windows as their OS.

Btw, he was using the items to camp, not his own power.
IMO, I think that's quite cheap of him. That's probably why he beats you to getting the better items because he's just standing there doing NOTHING. Probably you should copy his ability and set his *** on fire using your fireballs so you can get him to come to you and fight!

Also, I(Kirby) had a Free-For-All with my little cousins(Sonic and Sonic) vs my friend(WeeGee), and they all went after me and not him! He isn't a threat without items! Though, I'm surprised he wasn't the first to die o.o
Heh heh heh... I get that same hate on Wi-Fi. I'M SO BROKEN THAT NOBODY CAN BEAT ME!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! :psycho: Uhhh...*AHEM* Yeah this happens to me often on Wi-Fi. This happens either when I'm playing seriously OR when I just feel like being cheap by spamming Kirby's copy ability on people within range online. NOBODY INTERRUPTS ME CROUCHING UP AND DOWN OR TAUNTING WITH KIRBY! :evil: Uhh... Yeeeeaaaahhhh, just ignore me... >_>

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Everyone knows it takes no skill to stand there and let the items do the fighting for you. Also, he used Ness as a secondary, so he can stand there and use PK Thunder on my "no-skill floating behind". i still won

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
First of all your friend is a noob if he can't fight in a neutral stage without items i believe he should drop his controller and sell his brawl copy :/

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I was saying what he would say, you asked what did he say. This is what I thought.
Do you think someone who demands you play him with items on and gets 3 stocked with items off says 'gg, you won fair and square.'

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
^what?........................ Its plain and simple if u can't play without items your were not ment to play brawl and should sell there brawl copy theres no other way around it besides training and taking this game seriously.

Top Bottom