• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need frame data for two DTs to a pivot grab, possible infinite

Depster

Smash Champion
We need the total number of frames for mk being helpless after a release and how quick yoshi can do 2 DTs and a pivot grab... I doubt its humanly possible but I really wanna know if we can infinite mk

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
We also need frame data for Yoshi's moves, too. Now the we can find the specific number of frames each move has, we might as well get this information. Every other character boards seems to have one. =/

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Everyone here, whoever wants to do frame data and is willing to hack their Wii PM me immediately. I can tell you how perfectly. You do not need a capture card.

Oh and I will not do it for you.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Just to add onto illinialex's post, that method, I'm assuming, only gives the frame data for the animations, but that's better than nothing, right? In response to the next post, yeah, you get the frame date on animations, like I said, but what if an attack, say, has a frame where a hitbox isn't out? What about Yoshi's multi-hit, and multi-pseudo-animation dair?

Also, I might have some free time tomorrow. Expect an edit here if the weather cooperates!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Just to add onto illinialex's post, that method, I'm assuming, only gives the frame data for the animations, but that's better than nothing, right?

Also, I might have some free time tomorrow. Expect an edit here if the weather cooperates!
You can get 100% perfect frame data using the animations by a pause debugger mode in Brawl allowing you to play frame by frame. PM me for details. I will not do this for you, I am too busy on other boards.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm..... I have lurked these boards and I am willing to collect Yoshi's frame data as I did with Snake, but I have to do it tomorrow. Oh, and I did use the Debug Pause code.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
We need the total number of frames for mk being helpless after a release and how quick yoshi can do 2 DTs and a pivot grab... I doubt its humanly possible but I really wanna know if we can infinite mk
Off of an air grab release, every character except for Jigglypuff has 50 frames where they cannot do anything (Jigglypuff has 49 frames). The character that grabbed, so Yoshi, suffers 30 frames of lag (except for Bowser, who gets only 20 frames). MK can airdodge, nair, and dair on frame 3. We have 23 frames available.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Im pretty darn sure its not possible with only 23 frames... c'mon thats like just under half a second.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Check the Big Book of Information. We have a frame thread linked already.

I'll keep this open for discussion on this particular technique if you can change the title to reflect discussion and research about this tech. If you want it closed, just let me know.

auroreon

Smash Ace
You all seem to be forgetting something here, how fast can a human being physically move their fingers.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about this further, DR works by canceling the DJ with an aerial. Though I can't find a source to verify it, I'm pretty sure Yoshi has a 6-frame jump. Since I have no idea what frame Yoshi double jumps, let's just assume that Yoshi's DJ comes out on frame 1. Let's also say that the very start of the aerial animation (so frame 1, again) cancels the DJ, rather than the aerial hitbox (I'm guessing the latter assumption is true, since you can DR by inputting fair/bair, right?). This means that a DR takes 8 frames. Two DRs plus the pivot grab would be 26 frames, which doesn't even account for the foxtrots in the DT.

26>23

Unfortunate, but as stated in the OP, hardly a surprise.

bigman40

Smash Master
Thinking about this further, DR works by canceling the DJ with an aerial. Though I can't find a source to verify it, I'm pretty sure Yoshi has a 6-frame jump. Since I have no idea what frame Yoshi double jumps, let's just assume that Yoshi's DJ comes out on frame 1. Let's also say that the very start of the aerial animation (so frame 1, again) cancels the DJ, rather than the aerial hitbox (I'm guessing the latter assumption is true, since you can DR by inputting fair/bair, right?). This means that a DR takes 8 frames. Two DRs plus the pivot grab would be 26 frames, which doesn't even account for the foxtrots in the DT.

26>23

Unfortunate, but as stated in the OP, hardly a surprise.
it takes 7 frames for Yoshi to jump. If you input the DT before he jumps (there's another method that'll be in the guide Yoshinator is posting later), then it'll cancel in like 1-3 frames (that's landing back on the ground to do something).

Chaco

Never Logs In
It cancels very quickly the frames are dependent on your speed though. So the method I'm thinking of will be around 10 frames, and there's no need for a pivot grab here. Just reverse yourself and do a standard grab.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well we got exact frames earlier so Im not sure if it will work.

Top Bottom