• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need advice for pressuring off stage with homing attack

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
is there any way to ensure that this attack will push your opponent away from the stage, most of the time I attempt this it just pushes them towards the stage

Tenki

Smash Hero
drop down first

if you're lower than your opponent, it will hit them forward.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
is there any way to ensure that this attack will push your opponent away from the stage, most of the time I attempt this it just pushes them towards the stage
Personally, I'm surprised you're even hitting people with the attack. It's so easy to predict and manipulate that it's ridiculous to use for edge-guarding.

I say use an alternate edge-guard move, but if you have to, yes, use it sort of below the opponent so it knocks them away.

Still inadvisable to use it though.

Unless you're playing on Wifi. The story is different for that matter.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Personally, I'm surprised you're even hitting people with the attack. It's so easy to predict and manipulate that it's ridiculous to use for edge-guarding.

I say use an alternate edge-guard move, but if you have to, yes, use it sort of below the opponent so it knocks them away.

Or use it out of a combo.

ASC or side-B hop both give enough hitstun to instantly do a fast HA without your opponent being able to attack back.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001

Yeah it is predictable...but it can sometimes be unexpected if u use it at the correct time

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Go below the opponent and between the stage and him/her, there is a lot of ways...

Fast fall from the stage then HA.
Spin charge, SRJ, press up on your way up and down to fall quickly, then HA.
Gain height, Dair, HA... Sorry I had to include Dair XD (I works...)

Personally, I prefer Dair to edguard and gimp...

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
thanks alot for the responses =)
i was wondering what i was doing wrong

Top Bottom