• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need a Mario Tutor

Javon89

Smash Ace
I've been losing alot lately, I need to get better and I plan to compete in low-tier tourneys.
I've read tons of guides but i can't really apply it on Wi-Fi battle due to the lag.
Areas of improvement:

1.Playing in lag
2.Using F.L.U.D.D. properly
3.Jab locking more often
4.Aerials
5.Setting up combos
6.Gimping with F.L.U.D.D.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
lololololol fire^^
house advertising!!!!
hahahaha^^ no but it's ok with me
your guide is great^^

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
1. Playing in lag Don't play WiFi, go to tournies in real life you can make money there.
2.Using F.L.U.D.D. properly Watch other's videos, see how they use it.
3.Jab locking more often - The only time your really gonna get a jab lock is on Luigi's Mansion or MABYE another stage with a wall/ceiling. (Which I wouldn't be able to do for the life of me on WiFi)
4.Aerials -What do you mean by aerials? You kinda just press the C-stick to use em'.
5.Setting up combos - Throws/Dair/Jab/Utilt really, about everything has potential to set up combos.
6.Gimping with F.L.U.D.D - It's really only going to gimp a few characters, watch firemario's videos because I don't feel like listing them.
My thoughts in bold.

Seriously man, WiFi sucks, go to some real tourneys and hit them up. Don't feel the need to limit yourself to low-tier tourneys either, it's not as satisfying to **** a low tier tourney.

A tutor really isn't what you need, what you need is to play more against people offline, with good people. That's how you get better, sure, WiFi helps a little but offline experience is way better than online experience.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wifi is usually terrible. Practice tricks offline. That's the only way to get better.

I can't really tell you how to use FLUDD properly...it's a situational move most of the time....you can gimp bad or predictable recoveries with it, and you can mess up spacing and projectiles with it.

Actually there is one trick with FLUDD that very few people apply, but it can really save you when you are recovering. A lot of people like waiting for Mario to air dodge after he ledge jumps, and this is probably because after sweetspotting the ledge with Up-B, Mario still retains a landing lag animation the next time he touches the ground (which you can bypass by landing with aerial attacks instead). Another way to work around this lag is by ledgehopping with the FLUDD charge stance, and this allows you to shield or roll without the landing lag.

I wouldn't count on Jab locking, but N-air can set it up occasionally.

Fullhop D-air is in general quite useful. It has no ending lag so it cancels into anything you want. This is very good for baiting air dodges.

SH D-air can cancel into a N-air or U-air if you buffer it correctly. Mario can also do 2 B-airs/U-airs in a short hop, or one B-air/U-air and a N-air before landing.

Top Bottom