• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska's donation to Jo...MJG - next date/location TBA

DefinitelyNotFino

Smash Cadet
IMO entry fee should be $5. On one hand, it'll be nice to get a bigger pot, but on the other, you lose some players, and this tourney seems pretty small already. Honestly, I think the $10 as opposed to $5, however small it may seem, kinda swayed Connor in favor of not going, since again, moneys are tite.
I would think having a bigger pot would get you more players. Considering $10 is standard for just about every tournament I've known (some do 15-20), it gives more incentive to people to come. Look at last shermans, only first place made enough to cover gas for the trip... so it puts a lot more pressure on the people traveling to win.

On another note... does anyone want to team with me for this? have a feeling MJ isn't gunna make it again :(

resTy

Smash Champion
So I'm gonna house Iowa and Dan is gonna house KC this time around I think/hope.
I haven't talked to Dan in a while but I'm sure he should be cool with this.

Dan = Sherman
I'm = Tyser

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, been lurking but haven't posted.

On a side note, my apartment left everyone a note saying that it's been too noisy and that they're going to start towing people parked improperly. We'll be fine during the daytime, but no after parties. Also, make sure you aren't parking someplace that has a 'resident parking only' sign up.

I can house KC.

@Becca - I'll keep that in mind for next month. I want to see what attendance is for this one, and then I'll figure out what we're doing for payment. Basically what it comes down to is there's a bunch of local people + some of Iowa that wants $5 entry and a few local people + KC that want $10. It's rough figuring out what to do, but I'm gonna try to make everyone happy.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@ Not Fino-I'll be your partner!

@ Dan-did you ban Japes yet?

@ Tyser-Tyser is Tyser.

As far as money-Break down. I know that potentially charging 10 dollars could get you more money, but if way way way less people show up due to the fact it is 10 dollars, we may end up getting less money in the pot. 10 people at 5 dollars is the same as 5 people at 10 dollars. But just keep it at 10 this time and reduce next time as needed.

As far as ledge grabbing-Main Luigi and start spike-taunt spamming, that'll teach them 1 time out of 3000. But that 1 time will be CoCoCoCombo video material.

As far as other games-TvC obviously needs a tournament so I can feel better about myself for getting raypeed by Joker last time in it. Also, since Mega Man 10 is coming out, I'll take bets with anyone that I can beat any of the mega man games before you can.

resTy

Smash Champion
Me and Yulai will bring Melee again as usual.
I'll probably just be nerding that all day since I'm not doing Barwl.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
I can bring TvC, but not a system. It's not like I've unlocked anyone yet, though. If someone elsewants to bring it who has people unlocked, go ahead.

Edit: Learned today that Jarell got badly dehydrated and even some pneumonia over the weekend. Hope he can show up, everyone wish him the best!

Edit2: @ Rob: kk nvm

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I have TvC with all the characters unlocked and Ryu has been played in about 30% of all the matches. Guess who I main?

resTy

Smash Champion
He's pretty good, but he's never gonna win a tournament as long as:
1) I'm there playing MK or 2) out of state people are present to **** him.
I've played against Dark Yosh before and I know all his bad habits.
He's never beaten me in a set in Melee or Brawl.
Just sayin.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Apparently my Wii eats Gamecube games. And the tweezers I was trying to use to get the game out >.<

God bless Nintendo.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dan I warned you about that a while ago...this is what you do...or should have done.

Attempted to eject GC disk. Stuck noise goes until the wii stops attempting to eject. Attempt to insert cd sized disk that you don't care about (cause it may get scratched), knowing it can't fit in with GC disk. CD realigns GC disk. You can then eject the GC disk.

I already did this last tournament with MegaManAC.

In other news, I'm most likely going to need a doubles partner, preferably someone who can carry me to finals :-)

§chizm

Smash Lord
There's a chance I won't show up tomorrow.
I'm feeling under the weather so we'll see wassup.
But you have to comeeeeee.

Also they said that Ness and Bowser can technically be considered "Upper Low Tier" for low tier tournament purposes, so there's actually 12 characters.

resTy

Smash Champion
Dan and Bobby - Thanks once again for hosting. Sorry for not saying bye.
Nebraska Melee - Y'all made the tournament a lot more fun whether you knew it or not.
Iowa Folks - I had fun and I hope you guys did too. Golden Mountain next time fo sho.
Nebraska Brawl - Shoulda beat Fino, Trent. You had him.
KC Kids - Thanks for coming. Come again.
Random Nebraskans - Come again. Hopefully it's cheaper next time.
Yu-Gi-Oh - Can't believe I'm gonna attempt this game again. FACK!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Apparently its the true poverty pho. The unhealthy kind that every other place holds back on serving. Sounds delicious.

Had fun this tourney, even though I didn't enter. GGs to everyone I played in whatever games we played. Good seeing Nebraska as always.

resTy

Smash Champion
I only remember Top 3 for Brawl Singles (12 entrants):

1) Joker
2) Fino
3) Trent

Melee Singles Results:

1) Tyser
2) JBM
3) Joker
3) Uli
5) Secks.
5) ? ? ?
5) ? ? ?
5) ? ? ?

Melee was played in Tournament Mode and had 14 entrants.

Uli

Smash Champion
ggz everyone
had some fun playing brawl
i need to learn how to plank correctly then ill enter tournys maybe
:D

i <3 iowa

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That Tourney was fun playing everybody I can, got beat by Blank at Yugioh, friendlies with Mysterious Silver left and right, beating Blank at Bloody Roar otherwise GG with everybody.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I only remember Top 3 for Brawl Singles (12 entrants):

1) Joker
2) Fino
3) Trent

Melee Singles Results:

1) Tyser
2) JBM
3) Joker
3) Uli
5) Secks.
5) ? ? ?
5) ? ? ?
5) ? ? ?

Melee was played in Tournament Mode and had 14 entrants.
It was also 4 minutes and sudden death was played out, fuuuuuuuuuu

That Tourney was fun playing everybody I can, got beat by Blank at Yugioh
I think you're confusing me with Greg lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I got 4th in Brawl singles and doubles (sorry Nick, seems all I do is apologize to my doubles partner). I won the Melee Amateur tournament, which is really what everyone came to see.

Tyser, I didn't get to face Fino in the tournament otherwise I would have sniped him out...(waits for Fino to get unbanned and comment).

Special thanks to Blank for the **** in TvC, jesus christ you've improved. Y-2 for top tier.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I am Vishwanath Von Rapture the Zealous. Lord of the Universe, immortal creation personified. The echoes of your unanswered pleas, the drifter of worlds. Bound by freedom I pursue truth in this unending stream of perception.

S
how me your constant light and fog, the hours that cycle your tyranny. My serenity undefined, this blatant corruption...

Its only the beginning for me! I'll sever this plane and unite the gods. Solder my soul and its fumes will blaze your heart!

Bring absolution to this facade, the unmoving stone etched with my desire. The titanic overlord of fate's sadistic cauldron!

SHOW ME WHAT TRUE POWER IS! THIS RIGHTEOUS UNDOING IS MINE ALONE!

Top Bottom