• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neat Little DI Trick

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Against characters with those low trajectory dsmashes(Fox, Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, Zelda) the chain can save you at ridiculously high percents.

When the move is taking place, SDI towards the stage and downwards and almost immediately initiate the chain tether. This can save you up to 300%

The timing for this is outrageous and you almost have to predict the move coming, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
Against characters with those low trajectory dsmashes(Fox, Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, Zelda) the chain can save you at ridiculously high percents.

When the move is taking place, SDI towards the stage and downwards and almost immediately initiate the chain tether. This can save you up to 300%

The timing for this is outrageous and you almost have to predict the move coming, but I found it interesting nonetheless.
Haha yeah I think I've done that once before, its a tether knockback cancel :) Haha at least I call it that anyways.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This is known but thanks for posting it up in the sheik forum it does help to use at times although I've never gotten the timing right to live up above like 150% or so. I just use it to return to the action quicker

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Tristan summed it up imo.

Just a little thought here that I don't have time to experiment with.

After you tether three times, Sheik will pull out the chain but it will not grab the edge. What's interesting here is that you can STILL control sheik (ie move left and right) while the chain is out.

I'm trying to figure out which of sheiks properties have changed to allow for this. There must be some way to recreate it. Imagine being able to jump forward or backward while deploying the chain. You could just land in the perfect position for a chainlock.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tristan summed it up imo.

Just a little thought here that I don't have time to experiment with.

After you tether three times, Sheik will pull out the chain but it will not grab the edge. What's interesting here is that you can STILL control sheik (ie move left and right) while the chain is out.

I'm trying to figure out which of sheiks properties have changed to allow for this. There must be some way to recreate it. Imagine being able to jump forward or backward while deploying the chain. You could just land in the perfect position for a chainlock.
I'm afraid a failed tether doesn't have a hit box sinkings.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This is known but thanks for posting it up in the sheik forum it does help to use at times although I've never gotten the timing right to live up above like 150% or so. I just use it to return to the action quicker
I know it is, just thought i'd put it up here to bring it to peoples attention. I first seen it in Izaws Art Of Link video and I figured, hell why not Sheik as well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nope. You thought right. Jiggs' dsmash is weird because it doesn't send upward and puts you in "weak hit" hitstun rather than "tumble" hitstun. This is probably one of the best examples of an attach that can be recovered from using the sliding tether recovery method.

Top Bottom