• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC locator thread

Novix

Smash Rookie
Hey there, folks. Just looking for some smash players in the area around Boone to play with. Also want to let anyone who is interested, know that the gaming club at ASU will be having a smash tournament on the 27th of this month. Not sure what the prize is but at the last LAN I think we ended up giving out a reserved copy of Brawl(Meaning you would get the game for free when it comes out) to the winner.

Entry is $10 for non-members. What time the tournament starts will be dependent on the number of people who enter, though at the moment we are planning for about 6pm or so. Food (most likely pizza) is included in the cost of entry. At some point we will have online signups for the LAN at gaming.appstate.edu . If you don't sign up before hand we will have computers at the door for you to sign up so we don't have any confusion about who is playing what. (We typically have around 150 people show up for our LANs to play different games. On the 27th we are having CS 1.6, TF2, Starcraft, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Smash, Tekken 5, and Madden). Another thing I need to mention is that there might be a limit of only 32 people signing up for the tournament in total in the effort to keep the time for the tournament minimal. At the last meeting we discussed allowing a larger group of players sign up and then just having a sort of qualifier single elimination round, but this is still being worked out. I will post again when I find out more.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I wanted in yesterday too . . . But it got too late. Today, maybe?

Also, No way are we ever having that wario ware theme play while we fight in brawl. I won't have none of that.

Malk

Smash Champion
no, we all have school kid.

Appstate guy - I'd like to come. It's kind of out of the way but sounds fun. Keep us posted on how many players are allowed, because limiting it to 32 seems rediculous (and probably unnecessary).

Also, I could help you run the tourney if you wanted, I have a bit of experience.

Novix

Smash Rookie
Well the reason they wanted to limit it was because at the last LAN we had a huge amount of confusion because of some stupidity of the people running it. (double elim, with best out of 3 starting at 5 or 6, we were supposed to be out of there by 11 and we had some 45 people sign up.) I'll try to push allowing more people to sign up for smash at the next committee meeting (next monday) and I'll post back here after then to let you guys know what is going down.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman

Also, No way are we ever having that wario ware theme play while we fight in brawl. I won't have none of that.
We could play the japanese one. It's hot stuff.

I take it no one can smash today..... as usual... :(

No, that theme is UGLY. In any language. I believe it's the universal "Go to 'My Music' menu and turn it off" song.

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice

HAHE! The only thing you'll be hearing is me Yellin' "CATFEESH!" in your ear through the wii headset, over Nintendo Wiive!!!!:mad:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a friggin' camera hog.

D:

Adam! Those pictures were too good You need to get them out here!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I see you have two of them on your my space.

We need more funny ones . . . we need to do some random videos tomorrow too. Too good!:laugh:

Xeritross

Smash Apprentice
And chaingrabbing is confirmed.Tiers are going to be so broken and theres no telling who's going to be in the game next. Sonic(speed+reach) and ZS Samus(airgrabs)=WTF!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OH MY FU*KING GOD! It's about time! Now we have Sonic and Snake as outside characters. Was it rumored to be three or just two? Doesn't matter, FU*K YEAH, SONIC!

>_>

I must get a life outside my computer . . .

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I find it great that you guys decide to have a smashfest on the weekend that I'm working. Do you guys not like me or something? :(

SuperMetroid

Smash Rookie
I'm free for smash in Raleigh tomorrow (Thursday) evening/night and pretty much any time on Friday. So, let me know if you guys are getting anything together. My AIM is SuperMetroid2004. I haven't played with you guys before, but somehow I'm guessing I'd probably get owned...

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
me zio chocolate thunnda and maybe others wanna go somewhere to smash this weekend, maybe ali's but then i dont know about that cause im going back the 20th for the tournament most likely

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
wutthe****adamyoushouldcomebecauseimhereandimfarmoresexythananyofthepeoplehereincludingalihesgay

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
seeingthatpostrighttheremightmakemegoanywayz,imalwayslaughingwhenimaroundyou,alsocookout2good.WHatthe****ihadthatone

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty good Nunz. I just dont know if you cant really get like its done though....

Ya gotta move like you got a catfeesh in ya *** man! *theme music starts playin*

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I thought I got it right this time. Oh well . . . As long as it gets some lulz. :laugh:

PacStrife

Smash Ace
I have fall break starting today. I need to go somewhere to smash. maybe charlette, but **** the fair has foot long corn dogs I heard.............

that's a whole ****ing FOOT of dog yo!

ps adam call be baby, I'm lonely for some catfish loving :) should be home in a couple hours maybe less

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
Nov 17th is anyone interested in a tourney in greensboro? They apparently run monthlies in this place by my house in lots of fighting games. If people want to come ill offer to hold us a slot for gameplay.

P.S. You might see justin wong if you care about the mvc2 stuff, he was there last time. That game is the epitome of broken.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Those quotes don't fit in the video, do they, Pac? I will put something else in.

Adam get more epic combos and send it to me!!!!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Karn, call me if you're able to actually pick me up tomorrow after work. I doubt you'll be able to, it being 9 PM and all but it would be nice.

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind someone running the tournament at all, just notify me first please. As long as you guys can provide the setup (TVs/systems/games), then it's cool. If you guys don't bring the setup, we won't have room for the tournament.
So it's official, the guy who runs the shop says we're good, just, like above setups are important. We need setups. Ill bring my Tv and cube of course just bring what you can to run it smoothly.

Saturday, November 17th, 2007
-Registration begins at 12:00pm. Tournaments start at 1:00pm.

Lucky's Card Shop
3929 High Point Rd.
Greensboro, NC, 27407
336-834-4644

There will be a venue fee of $5 per person, whether playing tournament or casual.

Im making a thread for this as we speak:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120278

Foxy

Smash Master
One more for Raleigh:

Foxy
Main: Fox/Marth/Falcon
Secondary: Falco/Sheik/Roy
AIM: esotericboy57

Also would like to add someone else in Raleigh:

Liam
Main: Sheik

SuperMetroid

Smash Rookie
Argh...I missed it. If you guys ever get something going again, please let me know. Thanks!

AIM: SuperMetroid2004

SuperMetroid

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I know the server had some problems yesterday, so it's cool. I'm just excited about being able to play some of the best people in the state! I won't be around next weekend...but if there are times during the week when you're free, I should be fine with like Tues or Wed afternoon/evening. If not, there are other weekends...

Top Bottom