• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC locator thread

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No. I don't get defeated as bad. With my mains, my opponents are often left one stock left. Close battles.;)

PacStrife

Smash Ace
So yeah, Saturday I went to animazement in Durham NC and played in a smash bros tourney.....yay! Anyways I talked to alot of good people who dont usually post or anything so just for those guys if they see this I'm the guy you met there. I got first place son.....with gay falcon :) Anyways hopefully we will have some new people being "located" in here soon.

ps. Animazement tourney had over 50 people in it. Has Pac! won the biggest NC tourney......evar? lolz :)

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Pac, good **** at the tourney, wished we had time to play casuals. great falcon. im going to try to get every one around here who plays from semi-competative to very serious, your display of skill is helping in that situation. good ****. hopfully they will all post here soon.

(btw, im the mario player , fangs, ran the tourney etc.)

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Yeah man I remember you. Try to get all of the people you can. It's all about getting the NC smash scene bigger and better!

ps. the fox player that knocked you out is in the locator under durham, E-man. One day yall will have to have a rematch, cause that battle was pretty good.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Although I'm from VA., I was at Animemazment. And I just gotta go O_o at the competition. Wasn't expecting a beast falco to destroy me....I knew I should of went Fox instead of Mario. Think the tourney was a little rigged with every game on FD :(, buit no excuses. :)

And I saw PAC! I've never seen a Falcon so fast with wding into shffld nair repeat x3 in a row without stopping....

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Although I'm from VA., I was at Animemazment. And I just gotta go O_o at the competition. Wasn't expecting a beast falco to destroy me....I knew I should of went Fox instead of Mario. Think the tourney was a little rigged with every game on FD :(, buit no excuses. :)

And I saw PAC! I've never seen a Falcon so fast with wding into shffld nair repeat x3 in a row without stopping....

ummmm, I'm pretty sure I was that falco player. Didn't you go by sinz or something like that in the tourney? I remember you saying something about not having practice against good falcos. So that might have been me. and Falco on FD is just..........cheap. lolz

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
. . . Anyone been looking at the updates lately @ the dojo site? First of all, They're giving alot of stuff we already "knew". There's very little we could call new.

Well anyway, what I wanted to get at was pit's projectile. God they screwed it up, if I imagined it right. Doesn't seem to have much practical use against enemies at a distance since it curves up the way it does. The only way I could think that would work is if the opponent is 1, in the air, and 2, the arrow has a knockback effect similar to the star rod, or something like that.

:dizzy:

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
i disagree.

it seems to have practical uses from far away. it looks like you can hit someone on higher and lower platforms if you distance yourself right.

and the way it curves up it seems it might be able to use to hit someone very high in the air or maybe very low. seems like it is useful for either edgeguarding or helping a teammate get back up to the stage when they've run out of options.

a very interesting and unique element: the ability to hit targets from far away very fast ("as fast as light") and at strange angles.

it seems to make pit dangerous (and helpful) almost anywhere on the stage.

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i said if the players playing wanted a different stage or disagreed they could pick one together or go to random. but, you probly didnt hear me >.< im not a yeller unless i mad .

i think pits arrows are prime for eging , at least.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If Pit can choose to curve it or not, it would seem to be a very effective projectile. But for something so versatile, I would believe the damage ratio would be very low.

It can be helpful it teams, most definitely, but I'd like to see it in action. We can make better judgment when we see it in motion. :)

ironpham

Smash Rookie
So this is my first post...I've been playing this game for forever, but I've never played in a tourny before. Hopefully this will help me get some good friendlies going and eventually some tournies.

AIM: ironpham
Main: Shiek/Link
Secondary: Fox/Falco
Area: Raleigh

Anyone in the Raleigh area hit me up. I may be a good challenge.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
ummmm, I'm pretty sure I was that falco player. Didn't you go by sinz or something like that in the tourney? I remember you saying something about not having practice against good falcos. So that might have been me. and Falco on FD is just..........cheap. lolz
I went by Sen, and I was thinking that was you. Afterall, the way you played made you stand out from all the other con heads. Last year I nearly won because there was absoulutlely no compeption save for the guy who was running it this year, he was the one that beat me.

And the main problem I have aganist Falco is that **** shine. Not used to NOT being able to shield grab someone....

Malk

Smash Champion
Shield grabs are a lot less reliable in high level play. Most tier 1 characters have ways of getting around it - Marth's sword is longer than the grab range, sheik can jab faster, fox and falco shine and peach has no lag with float cancel.

Ummm Ironpham for the 8000th time, Mourning Pirates are a crew based in Raleigh that holds one of the biggest NC tournaments so you should really just come play with us. PM me or call me or do something and come play Saturday, we're having a fest.

molskelviandeity is my aim for the 8001st time

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Shield grabs are a lot less reliable in high level play. Most tier 1 characters have ways of getting around it - Marth's sword is longer than the grab range, sheik can jab faster, fox and falco shine and peach has no lag with float cancel.
A lesson I still need to learn sadly.

And Malk? You wouldn't have gone to one of the Ascendency tournements up here in VA. would you? If so, I was the Ganon player that teamed up with your Jiggs in the team tourney. Good stuff with random kicking and punching even if it wasn't planned lol.

Vicious699

Smash Apprentice
In N.C. for the summer, and wonderin if anyones out near Emerald Isle so I can get some practice in.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Anyone notice the running and gunning upgrade? It would be interesting if they implement the idea with characters . . . Anyone want a charging Samus on the run?

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
nah, that's cheap.

i just want marth to be able to throw his sword like a baseball bat.

but have it return like a boomerang.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
. . . As if Marth wasn't cheap already. I would have him throw his tiara instead, and cause massive damage and stun making.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
It's waayyy too early to start trying to discuss what moves are going to be good in brawl

... and shield grabs are amazing playing in NC, because these guys only pretend to avoid shield grabs... Ali is the only player in NC i can hardly ever shield grab... and i still shield grab him pretty well...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Too early to be talkin' 'bout brawl? We need something to do . . .

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
you are not alone.

i also limit my offensive repertoire to grabs.

karn and i will team up to form team karn-nage.

karn will obviously will be karn, but i will be nage. obviously, a play on the word carnage, but with extra "koolness" like mortal kombat. and almost as cool as Xtreme.

but also nage, when pronounced nah-gey, means throw in japanese. a commonly used "door" to what is known as okizeme: the wake-up game.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
i know i'll shield grab your sheik... i play against a sheik almost everyday, that's alot better than yours... i shield grab it.. but jiggs is different

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
me and two friends need a place to stay in raleigh tonight.. stop being bad people, and help me out... ANYBODY... anybody within an hour of raleigh.. jesus christ

Top Bottom