• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

BEHR

Smash Hero
You are forgetting Ronzell for Greensboro.
RALEIGH
  1. Stingers
  2. Sharkz
  3. SlipNSlide
  4. NEG| Tah
  5. Sky
  6. Dark Hart
  7. Haise
  8. Really you can take your pick of who to get lol(Mr.Been Ready/Purple/Karn/ etc)

Greensboro/Triad
  1. $Mike
  2. Ronzell
  3. Bl@ckChris
  4. RP| Sneak
  5. Saef
  6. TOMS
  7. Mark
  8. BEHR/EMB/JMH /Sway
Chapel Hill
  1. Welin
  2. Jwilli
  3. Brett3
  4. Nannoose
  5. Zent
  6. Beeftip
  7. NEG| Clem
  8. Poppasquat
Charlotte
  1. Sprankles
  2. GCS
  3. Tiger
  4. BLMB
  5. Dash
  6. Zeroxianos
  7. Jbas
  8. Skywalker
Im not sure who is in Durham, but Kaeon and Ambition would be one it so yea. lol. We cant forget Mike is moving to Charlotte and that GCS will be going to school in Raleigh.

Last edited:

BEHR

Smash Hero
i see it being used as a tool for players in different regions to actually gather some kind measuring stick to see where they fit within the state.

every region seems to have some kind of high level player there, it actually would be a good way for different players to guarantee playing one another, and it would be awesome to see sets you really dont get to see often.

and Twitch I probably would just bundle up West Carolina with Asheville,Boone, Hickory and anything out that is that far out. definitely wouldnt be bad to have LoZR on that Crew.

Last edited:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
One day our egos will all be big enough, and we'll not care about a true tournament experience to have a day of crew battles.

hopefully our egos will be big enough to put 15 dollars a head on the crews with winner take all.

but i don't think they'll ever get quite that big.

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm Karaoke Man, I just moved to Charlotte from Columbus, OH and looking to get more into the scene here.

Nice to meet all of you.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
One day our egos will all be big enough, and we'll not care about a true tournament experience to have a day of crew battles.

hopefully our egos will be big enough to put 15 dollars a head on the crews with winner take all.

but i don't think they'll ever get quite that big.
dawg..........I'd do $15 a head crews if it was done right

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
If anybody is looking for action, Donut Dub 1 is being held in early October. We're expecting a big crowd, so come out!!

We're also running a free crew battle bracket, so bring three friends for intense 4v4 action.

https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-i/details

Please register through smash.gg. You can also RSVP, participate in our rivalry registration, and keep up with updates through our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/271707019880831/

We're looking to secure a $250 pot prize and secure other prizes for our participants!

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Smash.gg
Smashboards
Facebook Link

Welcome to Donut Dub 4, the first entry in the Kennis Six Championship Series and the finale to our signature Donut Dub series from 2016!

Featuring Smash 4 and Melee, Donut Dub returns as the ultimate Kennis Six event, with our crew battle bracket... Championship Edition! We're throwing a $100 winner-take-all pot prize for BOTH Smash 4 and Melee crews.

Is your crew the best? Are you? The Kennis Six Championship Series begins!

DATE AND LOCATION:
Date: April 22, 2017
Location: Winthrop University, DiGorgio Campus Center--2020 Alumni Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA

HOTEL:
The Inn At Winthrop is a hotel & lodge right on the campus of Winthrop University... not too far from the venue location! Only $89 a night. Please let us know at least a week in advance if you will be using these facilities so we may confirm your reservations!

https://www.winthrop.edu/inn/

EVENTS:
- Smash 4 Singles
- Smash 4 Doubles
- Smash 4 Crews
- Melee Singles
- Melee Doubles
- Melee Crews

- Online payment and pre-registration is mandatory. Emergency late registration will be penalized by and additional fee. Seeding will not be prioritized for late registrees.
- Payment done via https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-4
- Pre-registration closes April 20th, 2017

PRICES:
Pre-Registration: $10
Late/At Door Registration: $15
Smash 4 and Melee Singles: $10
Smash 4 and Melee Doubles: $6 ($3 per person)
Smash 4 and Melee Crews $1

POT DISTRIBUTION:
Smash 4 and Melee Singles:
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 12%
4th - 7%
5th - 2%
5th - 2%
7th - 1%
7th - 1%

Smash 4 and Melee Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Smash 4 and Melee Crews:
$100 winner-take-all

SCHEDULE:
TBD

STREAM:
TBD
TBD

Follow The Kennis Six on Facebook and mark yourself as "going" or "interested" the Donut Dub 4 Facebook event page (linked above) for updates regarding the event and the rest of the Kennis Six Championship Series!​

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
what ever happened to Charlotte's melee scene? Mute City tournaments used to happen pretty regularly at UNCC, but as far as I know there hasn't been one since October, right? what happened?

CptnFalcon4Prez

Smash Cadet
what ever happened to Charlotte's melee scene? Mute City tournaments used to happen pretty regularly at UNCC, but as far as I know there hasn't been one since October, right? what happened?
Not too sure to be honest. I used to be in with the Charlotte scene....still got some contacts that way. We're talking about actually hosting a tourney here in Forest City at Empire Gaming here pretty soon.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
The last Mute City tournament that occurred was on March 4th, titled Mute City: Legends. It was ran along-side other fighting games and esports games like League and Overwatch in a big event known as 49er G.A.M.E II at UNCC. The TO for Mute City said that would be his last tournament he would run as he is graduating this month and will move up to Virginia. We had another TO who ran the series "No Contest" on a monthly basis, but that series concluded on March 25th.

There are still some small locals being ran though. I only know of one called "Melee + PM at the Icebox" being ran at GSG, which is where the No Contests were held.

I haven't been looking at tournaments in the Charlotte scene for a few months now as I am pretty much retired from playing Melee, but I thought it would be a good idea to at least tell you what I know.

big sleep

չչչ
NC Super Stop Brothers Power Rankings

1. Everlasting Stops

2. Juno McTakesForever

. Lozr aka Where Tha Fs Da B.Ice Mayn

. Dr Peepees every 10 miles

Top Bottom