• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I really need to buy a Shantae game. After MSF, I'm willing to try anything from WayForward.

Last edited:

vZakat

Half Genie
I really need to buy a Shantae game. After MSF, I'm willing to try anything from WayForward.
You really should. I mean it's a solid metroidvania with a memorable and lovable cast, tight gameplay, and a soundtrack by jake kaufman (same person that did the MFS soundtrack). My only problems with it were (like most metroidvanias now of days) that it was a bit too linear. Also Pirate's Curse has a bit more fan service than I like in my games (but if you're into that then it's a bonus lol).

Pirate's Curse is much better than Risky's Revenge so if you are only going to play one, play that one. A lot of events in risky's revenge are mentioned in pirate's curse though so I would suggest playing both. I wouldn't have enjoyed pirate's curse as much if I hadn't played risky's revenge first.

Sadly I've never played MFS because I don't own a wii u or 3ds. Both shantae games are on steam though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
All I know about Shantae is you backdash everywhere in the speedrun.

So it's probably a godlike game.

vZakat

Half Genie
Yeah in RR you backdash a lot. Backdashing sucks in PC but you have other fun things to make the speedrun fun. fyi I'm learning to speedrun PC.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You should backdash anyway

Also you're still in for ice cream tomorrow right?

Last edited:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Guys I'm sponsored for CEO

The gaming company I work at just paid for my entry and gave me a t-shirt to wear there.

Hype

Top Bottom