• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Eh I know Nair does a lot of stuff but I thought we were just discussing approaching and not what an individual approaching move/tactic can do.

I dunno Fox just seems to get CC'd a ton at lower %s and that makes life hard for him, but then again he's super fast so humanly it's hard to account for all of that speed and try to keep yourself tricky. Then again Fox players have the human factor working against him since it's difficult to control him quickly for so long. Ahhh my eternal Fox dilemma attacking me again......

It probably is Fox though just because of his speed.
I know I really harped on nair, but I was trying to look at all of his options. For instance, CCing doesn't really help against CC shine out of a run. And just about anyone can just grab someone who is CCing.

Besides, most characters have no option against CCing.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Fox is good at approaching but it's not because of the nair. Basically you just use your move speed to approach from platforms or get behind them with a nair. Otherwise you play more defensively and use mobility to counterattack. If you're approaching with nair at low percents you'll just get ***** at high level play. And if they are just sitting in shield letting you nair at them, then they are doing something wrong.

Falco has a really good approach, too. There are definitely ways to beat lasers, but they are still one of the best approaches in the game.

I'd say peach might actually have the best when she has a radish in hand. . . except for on certain stages. . . It's weird. It's an approach that's easy to run away from, but one you can't fight head on.
It's an okay approach but it's only because people can't adjust to the control game. The transition between the great combo game and the great control game Falco has is weaker and people don't recognize that.

Yeah I thought of Peach as well, although she is kinda slow.

Also you can force someone in shield and then you don't have to Nair lol(unless the Nair made them shield) so either way Fox gets the approach via speed which we agree on.

I know I really harped on nair, but I was trying to look at all of his options. For instance, CCing doesn't really help against CC shine out of a run. And just about anyone can just grab someone who is CCing.

CC'ing a shine keeps some characters from being knocked down or going as well. If you try to waveshine upsmash or whatever and they CC the shine then you still screw it up, but obviously you can just upsmash but it really depends on what you're going for(stage control/combo positioning vs more technical option coverage or whatever).

You can hide your CC in ranged attacks anyway which makes Fox's approaches much harder to do because now he has to try and beat CC and ranged attacks that the opponent is okay with trading on whereas Fox needs to build percent so it's probably not in his best interest to trade unless it's like an upsmash or something.

Eh CC'ing can be beaten simply because no one is always going to do it. Plus grabbing and spaced attacks can beat it as well. It's a very good mechanic but I wouldn't say it's something that has no answer.

lord karn

Smash Master

Actually, every character has options to beat it. It messes up fox's approach more than it does other characters. Fox would be even more broken if cc was gone.

Falco's dair beats cc.

Peach also doesn't care about cc very much at all.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I need to stop exaggerating around you people. I mean to say there aren't any options that beat CC while being ubiquitous outside of that. Falco's dair is more a punisher than an approach. Most attacks that beat CCing aren't recommended as go-to approaches. Grabbing is really the only response that can be used to cover more options than CC.

Peach is the only character that really just doesn't have to care about CCing because she can just dsmash anyone who tries. But she loses something whether or not she has a radish, and she's so slow either way. Not to mention, she has to make so many commitments. If she doesn't want to commit to her turnip, she has to commit to the air. If she doesn't want to commit to the air, she has to commit to the turnip.

Ultimately, I think Fox's ground speed, plus the fact that his short-hop is such a negligible commitment are the things that make his approach the best. Hell, he could probably just tomahawk someone who is crouch canceling, and it would still surprise them.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
bull
i feel sorry for sheiks that have to play that matchup
peaches too
those characters can't do anything much against a puff that knows the matchup
I could show you where Amsah and Armada both suck butt vs Puff in vids if you want me to prove it. I dunno what else you could possibly base the matchup on other than people whining....which is just silly LOL.

I need to stop exaggerating around you people. I mean to say there aren't any options that beat CC while being ubiquitous outside of that. Falco's dair is more a punisher than an approach. Most attacks that beat CCing aren't recommended as go-to approaches. Grabbing is really the only response that can be used to cover more options than CC.

Peach is the only character that really just doesn't have to care about CCing because she can just dsmash anyone who tries. But she loses something whether or not she has a radish, and she's so slow either way. Not to mention, she has to make so many commitments. If she doesn't want to commit to her turnip, she has to commit to the air. If she doesn't want to commit to the air, she has to commit to the turnip.

Ultimately, I think Fox's ground speed, plus the fact that his short-hop is such a negligible commitment are the things that make his approach the best. Hell, he could probably just tomahawk someone who is crouch canceling, and it would still surprise them.
Nah dawg Falco's Dair as an approach is good sometimes.

Spaced moves **** as approaches/CC rapers(racks % and conditions defense non-CC measures anyway) anyway.

Or she can dash attack....I don't know Peach "committing" is hard to beat just because she can transition between ground and air quickly and wall well with FC aerials and blah blah peach stuff.

Yeah okay I'm cool with saying Fox has the best approach in the game.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
bull
i feel sorry for sheiks that have to play that matchup
peaches too
those characters can't do anything much against a puff that knows the matchup
All I gotta say to those sheiks and peaches is... well, to sheik, I'd just say **** you lol. But to Peach I'd say... you don't know frustration, *****! See me. I play Ganondorf.

edit: rofl @ "suck butt"

MacD

Banned via Administration
man, i wish i was like bored all day and had time to read all this, seems like an interesting read cause there was like bs about my character

ps she sucks :(

someone teach me 2techskill

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Nah dawg Falco's Dair as an approach is good sometimes.

Spaced moves **** as approaches/CC rapers(racks % and conditions defense non-CC measures anyway) anyway.

Or she can dash attack....I don't know Peach "committing" is hard to beat just because she can transition between ground and air quickly and wall well with FC aerials and blah blah peach stuff.

Yeah okay I'm cool with saying Fox has the best approach in the game.
I guess I'll defer to your knowledge of the character. I see more success when dair is used as a punisher. It can work from above, but I think that has more to do with the fact that Falco (for reasons unknown) drops like a rock. Speed, again. From the side, not so much.

Peach can only dash attack if she doesn't have a turnip. She has to go in the air for turnips to be good. And even then, she doesn't really approach. She just waits.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It can be said that Dair is better used as a punisher, but the fact of things is that you can stuff a lot of things/get decent frame advantage using it to approach as well.

I mean Falco's approaches are all nyeh anyway but at least Dair in itself ***** lol.

Edit: Peach throwing a turnip in the air at worst taking a second to float towards the opponent will cover so much lol. That stupid thing flies at such good angles.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Yes I would make a much better Admin than mod actually. I would purge this entire site of all those unworthy to talk about smash on the internet. Then I would send Ganon a facebook message to see if he will take a big dump on virgilijus's face.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I always say all things in moderation.

It can be said that Dair is better used as a punisher, but the fact of things is that you can stuff a lot of things/get decent frame advantage using it to approach as well.

I mean Falco's approaches are all nyeh anyway but at least Dair in itself ***** lol.

Edit: Peach throwing a turnip in the air at worst taking a second to float towards the opponent will cover so much lol. That stupid thing flies at such good angles.
But are you using dair for pressure when you're already in or just to get close? It doesn't have as much range in front of it as nair, so it's hard to get that frame advantage without getting close.

I agree Peach's turnips have very silly angles.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I always say all things in moderation.

But are you using dair for pressure when you're already in or just to get close? It doesn't have as much range in front of it as nair, so it's hard to get that frame advantage without getting close.

I agree Peach's turnips have very silly angles.
That varies a lot by conditioning and the opponent as to how you can use some of that stuff. Plus Dair will run over things that Nair can't so it's a strange trade off.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
kevin, did sami not tell you about that spacing in front of a shield with shine dair shield pressure?

Top Bottom