• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: IMPORTANT UPDATES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
if anyone wants to play melee in greensboro tomorrow, let's do it

we will be arranging something at behr's place if anyone is interested. let us know.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hello NC. I just got admitted to Duke, so I'll be joining your ranks.

Name: Theo
Tag: IV
Home: Williamsburg, VA; School year (2009-10): Raleigh-Durham, NC
Melee Only
Fox/Marth

Is there any smash community in the tri-college area?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord

Melee Only
Fox/Marth

No one really plays at Duke to be honest, at least not anyone good. There are several good players in Raleigh and several in Chapel Hill. Lucky for you the most well attended and most frequent tournament in NC is held in Chapel Hill by myself and my roommate.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
No one really plays at Duke to be honest, at least not anyone good. There are several good players in Raleigh and several in Chapel Hill. Lucky for you the most well attended and most frequent tournament in NC is held in Chapel Hill by myself in roommate.
Nice, I think there's a bus that runs from duke to unc every 30 minutes or so, so location shouldnt be a problem. (err idk if it runs on weekends)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Melee Only
Fox/Marth

I have a friend that goes to Duke, although he's graduating this year, and he's also not touched Melee in something like half a year.

He's the best dookie-head I know, although there is a theoretical phantom dookie-head who beat him at a tourney once. I dunno if that other guy actually attends Dook, though.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I have a friend that goes to Duke, although he's graduating this year, and he's also not touched Melee in something like half a year.

He's the best dookie-head I know, although there is a theoretical phantom dookie-head who beat him at a tourney once. I dunno if that other guy actually attends Dook, though.
I feel like you made it a point to call students there dookie heads. Is that a jab?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I feel like you made it a point to call students there dookie heads. Is that a jab?
He, as well as myself, is a UNC student, so most likely it was a jab. Don't think anything of it, its just an instinctive reaction on his part, to the word Duke. Don't worry everything will be fine so long as you don't wear Duke apparel to tournaments... jk nothing would happen if you did... seriously though, dont...

BEHR

Smash Hero
**** im gone for like 2 days with no internet and I missed alot.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If you're going to go to Duke, seething hatred will be the most important aspect of our relationship. It doesn't mean I don't like you. I'm just obligated to hate you. By the time you've been at Duke for a month or so, I'm sure you'll understand.

lord karn

Smash Master
but i thought no one played smash at duke.

I can understand your general disdain for duke, but smash-wise you havent given duke a chance.

i wont talk trash tho, i saw u play at odu (raaaape)
Are you going to the melee tourney in SOVA on the 25th. A lot of us will be going to that.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Dont worry i was just joking im not talking any trash.

Im just saying i wont lose to any duke player since i am a unc fan hahahahahahah

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol I can't go weeeeeee.

2nd spreads the tournies out better so that might be a good idea. I mean, there ARE gonna be like 3 NC tournies in May so....

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh i thought munkaid was gonna be april for some reason

nevermind plur that date sounds good i'm silly

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh i thought munkaid was gonna be april for some reason

nevermind plur that date sounds good i'm silly

lord karn

Smash Master
CAn't make SoVa but guys...

when should I host my next tourney? I was thinking MAy 2nd. What's everyone think?
Do it! That's my birthday. However, I have an exam at 8 in the morning that day but I get out at eleven and should be able to be there by twelve.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Posted in Bill if you guys did not see.

Im going to be Hibernating.

No tourneys for a while.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
BEHR uses Rest!

BEHR fell asleep!

Also, I think it's been two weeks of no infractions in this thread. So proud of you guys.

*wipes tears from eyes*

Foxy

Smash Master
My parents are getting a bit tired of spending hours driving me every weekend to tournaments.

I was hoping there wouldn't be many after SoVa for a while but it looks like there will be.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You don't have to make EVERY tournament, Foxy. PLUR's is in Raleigh, close to you, and Rawfuls' thing is probably an hour and a half from you, which is kinda far but it's on the 16th. Munkaid will probably happen after that on the 30th, which is pretty darn far for you pampered east NC smashers so I guess you should just sit that epic shiz out and wait until June to see what happens.

Foxy

Smash Master
I don't mind missing the far ones, except that SoVa is going to be really epic and I definitely want to be there.

I don't even know what Munkaid is. Maybe I should actually read the ATL South forum instead of just watching my subscriptions?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The thread isn't out yet, but yeah, it was the rival to Jubilee back in NC/Melee's prime. It was more NC/based, but it always had turnouts from the states bordering our southern side (GA/SC) as well as all of NC for west vs East crew battles. There was mad hype for both tournies back then, with Munkaid being more NC oriented I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom