• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NBA Playoffs

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Now I know that most of the people on this board would rather lie about how ugly they are than discuss a real topic, but, what the heck. who will win each series, who wins each conference, and who wins the championship. I got the surging miami heat winning the east with the Mavericks winning the west. I got Toronto vs. Miami and Mavericks vs. Spurs. Discuss.:dizzy:

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I don't know basketball that much but I want Golden State to win it all. I like underdogs.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Hey man I know how it feels the Jazz missed out on homecourt too.

Anyways Golden State could very well beat the Mavs, they swept the season series with them.

I have it going this way:
Mavericks vs. Warriors
Warriors (look at the season series)

Suns vs. Nuggetts (I think that's right)
Suns (AI is A ball hog, Nuggets don't win)

Spurs vs. Lakers
Spurs (Kobe can't carry L.A.L. past San Antone)

Jazz vs. Rockets
Jazz (Gotta go with my favorite and they are very balanced bench and starting 5)

That's just the West I know nothing about the East, I think that the first round if I know exactly who is in will be Cavs, Heat, Pistons, Bulls. I don't know how the East's bracket is so I may seem stupid.

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Well in the East, If the bulls won their last game, they coulda had the 2 seed and wouldn't have had to meet the Heat/Pistons/Cavs till the conference finals. Luckily they still have homecourt with the 5th seed (better record than Heat). The matchups are: Magic at Pistons; Bulls at Heat, Nets at Raptors; and Wizards at Cavs

I have Pistons beatin Magic in 5
Bulls beatin Heat in 5*
Raptors beatin Nets in 7
and Cavs beatin Wizards in 7

Bulls beatin Pistons in 5
Cavs beatin Raptors in 6

Bulls beatin Cavs in 7

For the Western half, Golden State may have the history, but the Mavs are just too good offensively and defensively.

Mavs over Warriors in 6
Jazz over Rockets in 5
Spurs over Nuggets in 6
Suns over Lakers in 5

Mavs over Jazz in 7
Spurs over Suns in 6

Mavs over Spurs in 6

If it's what I predicted, I would want the Bulls to win, but I wouldn't lose sleep over the Mavs finally winning it all this year.

*Bulls matchup against the Heat extremely well. Not only does Hinrich play the best defense on Wade out of all guards in the league, but Shaq always gets into foul trouble gainst us and we crushed them to the ground in the season opener. We've won 3 outta 4 and hopefully that means 5 games. To the aggressor go the spoils.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Note to bulls fans: hinrich cannot guard wade without jumping on his back, Ben wallace good as he may be couldn't take shaq out if his life depended on it. 4 nomes for you posey, walker, williams, and jones . the heat have the best bench in all of basketball. every shooter on the bulls is streaky. Hinrich is the streakiest of all. the bulls don't have the best closer since MJ (D. Wade) and just so you know the bulls as demostrated by the game agains't NJ can't win when they need to and don't have the fire power to beat the heat.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Oh! and the jazz are the dark horse this year. look for them to give the Mavericks a series.
(Good point PG and a PF who dominates HHmmmm where have I heard that before?)

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Note to bulls fans: hinrich cannot guard wade without jumping on his back, Ben wallace good as he may be couldn't take shaq out if his life depended on it. 4 nomes for you posey, walker, williams, and jones . the heat have the best bench in all of basketball. every shooter on the bulls is streaky. Hinrich is the streakiest of all. the bulls don't have the best closer since MJ (D. Wade) and just so you know the bulls as demostrated by the game agains't NJ can't win when they need to and don't have the fire power to beat the heat.
DEMONSTRATED BY TODAY!!!

LOL Hinrich was out most of the 1st half with foul trouble and din't take many shots, so Sefolosha and Tyrus Thomas pretty much owned Wade. But Hinrich's excellent defense on Wade was specifically cited by the announcers when Wade did his signature pump fake to force a foul from Duhon. Second half, Hinrich pretty much gave no shot to Wade and he couldn't find an opening against Hinrich so he din't even take that many shots.

Ben Wallace forced at least 2 offensive fouls that I saw from Shaq. Not only that, but he shut Shaq down second half and forced a pivotal 5th foul from Shaq. I'd call that pretty good defense.

Luol Deng has been as consistent as anyone in the NBA as he is the frontrunner for Comeback Player of the Year and he dropped in around 30 making jump shot after jump shot. Gordon has the ability to take over a game (look at Bulls regular season) and Hinrich is a developing leader with excellent recognition skills.

The Heat bench does look pretty nice...but check this: Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha, Andres Nocioni, Chris Duhon, and Viktor Khryapa. Thomas has yet to reach his full potential but is pretty clutch and plays excellent defense; Sefolosha was probably the best defender in Europe, Nocioni plays hard and has great stamina and a clutch 3-point, and Khryapa's effort is unmatched in the NBA.

As for the starters, Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Wallace, P.J. Brown. Against Hurt Wade/Jones, Williams, Shaq, Posey, and Haslem.

If you think the Nets are an easy team to beat then you are a pretty fooled. Three guys, Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson together can beat any team. The Bulls losing to them will even make them more glorious since it caused them to be locked in the 5th seed and they can prove to the world that they beat all the best of the East when they go to the NBA Finals.

Oh yeah...And NEVER, EVER, EVER, compare D. Wade to MJ. D. Wade is good, but he will NEVER be what MJ was. He has Shaq, and MJ had no set inside scoring threat on his side. No matter how old or good Shaq is, having him on the court relieves TONS of pressure off the restof the team. Wade isn't even the best player in the NBA (see Kobe Bryant AND King James). Again...D. Wade will NEVER be even close to what MJ was...6 rings BABY!!!

I would really like to see the Jazz win cuz I LOVE Deron (U of I baby) and AK-47. But the Rockets just seem like too much for them right now. We'll see how this turns out, but I'll be rootin for the Jazz as the dark horse as well.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
DEMONSTRATED BY TODAY!!!

LOL Hinrich was out most of the 1st half with foul trouble and din't take many shots, so Sefolosha and Tyrus Thomas pretty much owned Wade. But Hinrich's excellent defense on Wade was specifically cited by the announcers when Wade did his signature pump fake to force a foul from Duhon. Second half, Hinrich pretty much gave no shot to Wade and he couldn't find an opening against Hinrich so he din't even take that many shots.

Ben Wallace forced at least 2 offensive fouls that I saw from Shaq. Not only that, but he shut Shaq down second half and forced a pivotal 5th foul from Shaq. I'd call that pretty good defense.

Luol Deng has been as consistent as anyone in the NBA as he is the frontrunner for Comeback Player of the Year and he dropped in around 30 making jump shot after jump shot. Gordon has the ability to take over a game (look at Bulls regular season) and Hinrich is a developing leader with excellent recognition skills.

The Heat bench does look pretty nice...but check this: Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha, Andres Nocioni, Chris Duhon, and Viktor Khryapa. Thomas has yet to reach his full potential but is pretty clutch and plays excellent defense; Sefolosha was probably the best defender in Europe, Nocioni plays hard and has great stamina and a clutch 3-point, and Khryapa's effort is unmatched in the NBA.

As for the starters, Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Wallace, P.J. Brown. Against Hurt Wade/Jones, Williams, Shaq, Posey, and Haslem.

If you think the Nets are an easy team to beat then you are a pretty fooled. Three guys, Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson together can beat any team. The Bulls losing to them will even make them more glorious since it caused them to be locked in the 5th seed and they can prove to the world that they beat all the best of the East when they go to the NBA Finals.

Oh yeah...And NEVER, EVER, EVER, compare D. Wade to MJ. D. Wade is good, but he will NEVER be what MJ was. He has Shaq, and MJ had no set inside scoring threat on his side. No matter how old or good Shaq is, having him on the court relieves TONS of pressure off the restof the team. Wade isn't even the best player in the NBA (see Kobe Bryant AND King James). Again...D. Wade will NEVER be even close to what MJ was...6 rings BABY!!!

I would really like to see the Jazz win cuz I LOVE Deron (U of I baby) and AK-47. But the Rockets just seem like too much for them right now. We'll see how this turns out, but I'll be rootin for the Jazz as the dark horse as well.
Well I guess your right there, I was only judging the heat bench from all season and the fact that all of the are starters on any team in the league. oh! and you're right again MJ didn't have an old center who was way pst his prime NNNOOOOO. He had 2 losers...... what where their names......OH YEAH!!! Scottie Pippen and Denis Rodman. Yeah, they really sucked. And in case you didn't notice Hinrich didn't Guard wade the whole game and when He did All he could do was foul him. Oh yeah, and next time you dislocate your shoulder come back for the rest of the season and tell me how it feels? Seriously though, the heat got some of the worst calls I've ever seen in the 3rd. Note to chicago refs, When you're feet are moving it's Not a charge. and ben wallace didn't guard shaq he Fouled shaq. Watch the replays, and if you have any knowledge of the rules of basketball you can see he was fouled MULTIPLE times.:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
.......Okay I'm sorry man that was cold. I was just pumped about those crappy refs. I love the Jazz. I also don't remember discounting the nets in a previos post. Sorry again you obviously know basketball.

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Hey man it's all good! Debating about sports is mad fun!

Aight, well it's true that MJ did have Scottie and Rodman (though I wouldn't compare Rodman to Shaq EVER), but what I really mean is that MJ didn't have anyone that could dominate a gameplan like Shaq. When he has the ball, you need to double cover him ALWAYS. That takes sooo much pressure off Wade and the other 3 guys. MJ dominated a game by himself many times when Scottie, B.J., or Kukoc (diff gen.) struggled. Wade I've noticed can dominate when at least Mourning or Shaq starts to dominate inside. But anyways the whole D.Wade vs. Jordan thing goes totally to Jordan....well at least for now! (Let Wade get a couple more rings and then we'll start comparing them)

Also, on the account of the Bulls Heat game, I'm not sure if you're aware that Shaq requires a different set of rules. The officials actually have a session each year to interpret the rules on "larger" bball players (right now only representative is Shaq). If Shaq were able to do what most centers in the league are able to do, he would easily be scoring 30-40 points a game even now. His massiveness compared to the rest of the centers in the league call for him to be fouled less and receive fouls more. Although Shaq did set his feet down on one of the fouls, his body leaned towards the player (I think maybe Nocioni? can't remember for sure), so in the referee's mind, if the shot doesn't fall, the cause would probably be Shaq's lean from his bigger body. I know it seems kinda unfair, but so is his inside presence.

I amusingly remember when Riley sent for Japanese sumo-wrestlers who were roughly Shaq's weight, to post him up during practice. This allowed him to practice actual "Shaq-legal" moves more often and get better at them.

I agree though, if the Heat lose the series, it'll probably be cuz of Wade's recovery from the dislocation. But u gotta admit, Sefolosha and Thomas had his number all night.

What I meant bout the Nets is that u said the Bulls couldn't even close the game on the Nets to secure 2nd seed. So I naturally thought that you thought the Nets weren't that hard to beat. Apologies if you didn't mean it as so.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
10th Karma; You must be the only other basketball fanatic on this board. I still must apologize for the heat's performance. What I meant with Rodman was that he was and is the best rebounder that ever lived. It's a fact, but pippen took a huge load off of Jordan. and Remember that the Shaq rule works both ways. Because Ben wallace is so much smaller he can loose ball foul constantly, and when playing B-ball if I have my arms intertwined with a defenseman's 90% of the time I get a foul. and for the Heat.....
1. D-wade isn't 100%

2. work on perimeter defense.

3. Kapono is the best 3 shooter in all of basketball you can get him open.

4. Play posey 40 mins. each night He can draw fouls and shoot 3's.

5. get the ball to Shaq in the 2nd half, thats when wallace is wiped.

To the Bulls;

1. Keep with the hard screens and perimeter shooting.

2. Foul wade Hard!

3.draw fouls.

Oh, Wade when healthy is the best player in the NBA today. He is like MJ in that he can totally dominate a game, He is A awesome closer,(MJ) and he averages 5 Reb. 7 ast. 3 stl. He is the next MJ. I love jason Kidd I just hate Vince carter.

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
haha i guess so! Now the reason that the bulls won the second game has nothing to do w/ the Heat. They shot 55% and 65% from behind the arc! Facing a D like that, no wonder the Heat lost.

I agree bout your points bout what each team needs to do except for the posey and shaq one. The reason Riley doesn't send Posey out much is that he himself gets into foul trouble and has really bad blood with the Bulls. Posey needs to learn to keep it cool cuz everytime he got fouled or fouled someone, he looks like he's bout to beat of the ref or another player. You want a player with that type of x-factor at the 3 point line able to play most of the game.

Shaq was in foul trouble for both games (i mean at least 3 fouls by the half) so he couldn't really dominate and get into a rhythm. But whenever he did get the ball in the paint, he offensive fouled once I know of and got blocked by either Thomas or Wallace. I think the Bulls just know how to get into Shaq's head and harass him on the court.

The most important one is to get Wade the ball when he gets on the court and to let him do things. There were many times when Wade just blew past everyone on the Bulls in his way and layed it up. Even though he's not 100$, he still is their superstar and it really is up to his play to determine if the Heat have a shot.

I can see where u think that Wade is the next MJ, he is very similar to MJ in how he leads his team and how clutch he is. But you simply can't even start to compare him until Wade gets another ring. MJ proved he's the best after doing it with 2 different sets of teams 3-TIMES IN A ROW. That's why I say we wait and see how good Wade really is especially after this injury, before you start callin him the next MJ.

Uber

Smash Rookie
Wouldnt mind seeing the heat win again all tho it's probley gunna be the bulls or suns

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Man, I never expected my Bulls to do so good against the Heat. I predict Miami will win 4, and then the bulls will dominate in 5.

mariomasv

Smash Rookie
the finals it's going to be:

"Pho vs. Chi"

Pho will win in 6 games

I have 8 months saying that, I hope it turns out to be truth.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I never predicted the Bulls to sweep and for the Warriors to be giving dallas such a hard time. This is an awesome playoffs season.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
What the **** is going on. Who makes a 1 second basket from half court? Who? Who? That doesn't happen.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Okay I can take this......(starts sobbing) The heat lost. they were outrebounded which totally killed them and I blame team chemistry and the fact that the Bulls hit every bloody jumper they shot. As for D-wade and MJ As we know even MJ couldn't have won one championship without having a great team around him. A great player doesn't win championships alone.!!! Hi there Kobe how are you? You're down to the suns!? a real team?! and What? You couldn't win without shaq (gasp) Amazing!!!!
Actually my logic for Posey was that he makes the Bulls angry and an angry team makes mistakes. And I advocate not playing D-wade as much. They perfomed much better (in the playoffs this year) without him. keep him as a closer mind you. and If he was healthy I believe the heat would have won this series. As they would have done if they had played the Cavs. And 2nd to lastly The reason d-wade doesn't score higher than Kobe is that he doesn't take as many shots(Rocket science). In closing, the heat next year, The pistons and Suns, and Power to the Jazz!!

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Pistons looked great, The Jazz are the sleeper team and I am looking for them In the Finals. Dallas Believed thier own hype and The suns Just can't beat the spurs. detroit vs. Utah would be a great finals. (I knew the bulls couldn't continue shooting like that)

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Yeah now I'm the one who has to apologize. hehe whatever, every game is a new start and I think that Chicago can win every home game. Much depends on Tyrus Thomas though. If he wants to continue to get valuable minutes, he can't wimp out against Sheed. I think that the Bulls woke up after that second loss though. The games will be MUCH closer. Whatever the outcome is of the 2-game homestand though, I'm proud of my Bulls.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Nets are down 2 games and they have yet to show any sort of spark to win atleast one game against Cleveland. This is a total drag......

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Nets are down 2 games and they have yet to show any sort of spark to win atleast one game against Cleveland. This is a total drag......
Honestly... the Nets have a 0% chance of ever winning a title without a good big man.... same goes for Cleveland though, so maybe you can win the series. :p

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It seems appropriate that Golden State is down 2-0. You know, just to further our embarrassment.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Bye, Bye, Bulls! (sorry I couldn't resist) The nets have Jason Kidd (The Best PG in the game) and Vince Carter,( a HUGE ball hog) don't count them out yet. I'm rooting for Utah. Memhet (I just know I spelled that wrong) Okur is the best center left in the playoffs. Boozer and williams look like Malone and stockton. and the Jazz can beat pheonix and San antonio. Good luck.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
you know..... I seem to remember that last year everyone said " whoever wins the west is a lock for the NBA champion" and what happened? ...................... OH! Yeah! dallas got beat 4 in a row by the (then) better miami team. Don't EVER count Detroit out. ( Even though I hate the Pistons). And watch out for Utah.

Top Bottom