• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nayru's Oracle: The Official Zelda Matchup Thread! Currently Discussing: Peach

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
This match-up is either really bad or quite good, for a Zelda MU. It just depends on how the play-style of the Peach. They play aggro... we're ****ed. Anything else...we might. MIGHT. Have a chance. (not necessarily a huge one though T_T )

-2 to -3

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
This match-up is either really bad or quite good, for a Zelda MU. It just depends on how the play-style of the Peach. They play aggro... we're ****ed. Anything else...we might. MIGHT. Have a chance. (not necessarily a huge one though T_T )

-2 to -3
This is kind of how I feel about this MU too.
Although, I think it to be more like:

Very bad: If Peach approaches with more turnips aggressively
Bad: Peach is aggressive, but smart with mixups but less turnips.
Kinda bad: Peach forces you to approach with turnips and then punishes Zelda's lousy approach options.
[Sorta bad: Peach is campy with turnips.] <<< Ignore this!

Overall, still bad in any scenario. (also, the comparisons might be wrong in other people's minds) At best, this is -1 Zelda. If Peach plays like one of the worse options, it's -3. So overall, I'd round it to -2, because I don't know the ratio of aggressive Peachs to campy Peachs. Although, I think if Zelda is fast enough, and well practiced in sweetspotted glide tossing, she can use turnips pretty well against Peach.

I just though i'd post my not important opinion to re-kindle the fire to this MU thread because, I like Zelda, and I wan't to know what everyone thinks the current Zelda MUs are.
(Yeah, even in the non-personal MU thread people technically are still gonna post slightly personally :smirk:)

(edit) Oops! I just noticed that the third and forth options are basically the same!

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
This is kind of how I feel about this MU too.
Although, I think it to be more like:

Very bad: If Peach approaches with more turnips aggressively
Bad: Peach is aggressive, but smart with mixups but less turnips.
Kinda bad: Peach forces you to approach with turnips and then punishes Zelda's lousy approach options.
Can't argue with that.
So overall, I'd round it to -2, because I don't know the ratio of aggressive Peachs to campy Peachs. Although, I think if Zelda is fast enough, and well practiced in sweetspotted glide tossing, she can use turnips pretty well against Peach.
I would think that campy Peach's would only make the MU a -2 anyways :/. If they know what they are doing, they would camp, then after throwing the turnip, either do Dair at head height or auto-canceled Fair.
I like Zelda, and I want to know what everyone thinks the current Zelda MUs are.
(Yeah, even in the non-personal MU thread people technically are still gonna post slightly personally :smirk:)
All her MUs are from -4 to 0. Her only even one is Ganon.
Also again, I can't argue with that last part ;)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Can't argue with that.

I would think that campy Peach's would only make the MU a -2 anyways :/. If they know what they are doing, they would camp, then after throwing the turnip, either do Dair at head height or auto-canceled Fair.

All her MUs are from -4 to 0. Her only even one is Ganon.
Also again, I can't argue with that last part ;)
Thanks! I also see your point on a campy peach being -2. Still, I think a campy Peach would be an easier -2.

Although, I have to disagree on the MUs, Zelda does have at least a small advantage on Ganon. Also, I think a few of Zelda's current MUs on the chart could be better for her, and a couple of her MUs could could be worse.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Someone should really explain to you how match ups work.
Okay, why don't you, since you're so... Optimistic about Zelda not being the worst.

Also, you took that -1 out of context, what I meant is in the best case scenario (which I believe to be the rarest scenario) this could could be -1, but most likely a -2.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay, why don't you, since you're so... Optimistic about Zelda not being the worst.

Also, you took that -1 out of context, what I meant is in the best case scenario (which I believe to be the rarest scenario) this could could be -1, but most likely a -2.
You have it backwards.

Somebody take over this thread for me. I'm done contributing matchup stuff for seemingly nobody but myself. If you guys care about this thread, then get somebody to take ownership of this thread.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
You have it backwards.
Well, whatever. My view of Zelda is different than yours. I don't feel like arguing it right now. But I wouldn't mind people telling me more about how to handle Zelda's MUs, since I do know that most people here likely do know more about how to use Zelda than me. :p

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I would still like to hold our Zelda vs Peach In-depth Matchup Discussion over at our Zelda Xat. I'm still in the firm belief that having an active discussion on the chat with videos to broadcast at the same time could help us interact and get some ideas from each other.

Ideally I would like to arrange this meeting either this weekend or next week. I start school on the 27th, and it would be nice if I could use the time I have now (even if I'm working atm) to prepare this. So far I've been collecting videos of decent Zelda and Peach players, and I tried to get a variety of players so that we can compare their styles and see what works and what doesn't.

If you guys have any more videos of decent Zelda and Peach matches, please post them up here so that I can add them to the list I have. Preferably have the matches be recent (anything from this year) though if they're older that's fine too. Most of the videos I got so far are older, so we could use some fresh ones. So far I have NinjaLink, Ed, Riot, Mocha, and ven. But it's possible I may have missed more videos from these players, so post up anything you can find. As well as from other Zelda players of course.

Also, I wouldn't mind helping out with this thread if I find the time. I'll see what my schedule will look like once I start school. I'm sure I can find the time to help though, since I already try to help AiB, why not SWF too?

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I would still like to hold our Zelda vs Peach In-depth Matchup Discussion over at our Zelda Xat. I'm still in the firm belief that having an active discussion on the chat with videos to broadcast at the same time could help us interact and get some ideas from each other.

Ideally I would like to arrange this meeting either this weekend or next week. I start school on the 27th, and it would be nice if I could use the time I have now (even if I'm working atm) to prepare this. So far I've been collecting videos of decent Zelda and Peach players, and I tried to get a variety of players so that we can compare their styles and see what works and what doesn't.

If you guys have any more videos of decent Zelda and Peach matches, please post them up here so that I can add them to the list I have. Preferably have the matches be recent (anything from this year) though if they're older that's fine too. Most of the videos I got so far are older, so we could use some fresh ones. So far I have NinjaLink, Ed, Riot, Mocha, and ven. But it's possible I may have missed more videos from these players, so post up anything you can find. As well as from other Zelda players of course.

Also, I wouldn't mind helping out with this thread if I find the time. I'll see what my schedule will look like once I start school. I'm sure I can find the time to help though, since I already try to help AiB, why not SWF too?
I'd just need to know when and what time I should go to the xat, and I'll get in there and hel or attempt to help with something, as I really don't have many fresh ideas for the MU

I've got a tournament set vs one of the best Peach players in Mexico Center(or whole Mexico (?)), it's not uploaded and I think did very good in that set, because I took him to the third game, and never happened before, do you think that would work?
If it does I'll start recording/uploading ASAP

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
No worries if you don't have any ideas for the MU - this is why I'm hoping to get as many of us as we can so we can share our ideas, and who knows, something interesting may come to mind (:

And yes, your set vs that Peach will work. Whenever you have a chance to get them uploaded, please send me the links so I can add them to the list I already have, and then we can analyze the matches and go over them in depth.

Would this weekend be too fast for everyone, or would next week work better? What are times that are good for you guys? Let me know so that I can arrange something that will work the best for everyone. I know we all have cluttered schedules ;o

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
this weekend, for me it's fine only on saturday, on sunday I have a gig in Mexico City so I won't be home the whole day

and yeah, right now I'm gonna look for it and start recording

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
and now I have the whole weekend free, but it would be much better if this is done on the evening or later because I'm probably waking up at 3pm

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm up for it on Saturday or Sunday because I'm doing something on Saturday morning. My time is 5-6 hours ahead of you so Friday is not the best time for me.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I hope I can make it, it all depends if I'm paid soon enough to pay the internet... if not, I'll be without internet at the time :/

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
At least is progressing, MetaKnight boards are dead, the only one giving Matchup inputs is ZeRo, in a personal QA thread he has there...

Top Bottom