• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nattorei Roasting on an Open Fire - Gates Wins, Everyone Else Doesn't

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
today and tomorrow are busy for me, so let's do it wednesday. let me know when on wednesday is good.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sounds gooood.

EDIT: I just remembered but I have a basketball game tomorrow (technically today during the time of this post) so I won't be online until around 8-9ish pm EST.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Beat him 2-1

I got lucky last game, rank was gonna run a train over me if i didn't get him that way.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I just want to know, has Articanus played in any matches at all since the tournament opened? I think I've seen SilentVerse post some results but.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Beat him 2-1

I got lucky last game, rank was gonna run a train over me if i didn't get him that way.
Meh I deserved the loss I overpedicted waaaay too hard when I should have just gone for the common sense moves.

Like at the beginning of the second match since (I assumed) you knew I had a Natteori so I was expecting you to open with Fire Blast/Flamethrower. So in my mind I'm thinking "Okay I'll out wit you this time and go for the nice 4x resist and set up my Specs Kingdra for some nice early game momentum." And then I get OHKO'ed by you know what. :laugh:

I was able to able to maintain my top 10 spot on the PO server for a while by doing stuff like that. But I guess in the end the high risk high reward playstyle isn't suitable in all matches. Definitely learned my lesson.

On the bright side I get to FINALLY post my RMT. :awesome:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Forfeiting due to complete lack of interest. Sorry to Ulti for not playing him, and sorry to Wave for getting this far in and then dropping out. I just know that I care so little for competitive Pokemon anymore that I don't even want to arrange this match on the severe off-chance that I win and keep going.

I say severe off-chance because I've only been using a single 4th gen team this entire time. And one that gets **** on by stall, no less. But whatevs. That's all I entered this to see anyway; if I could get anywhere with my 4th gen team. I despise Gen V OU. It's so stupid.

EDIT: SV played vs me and I believe Articanus played vs TRG. I'm not so sure about the second one though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Bracket updated, ****ing do your ****, guys

lol Circa, you got this far with gen IV? Good ****.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Bracket updated, ****ing do your ****, guys

lol Circa, you got this far with gen IV? Good ****.
If you saw the matches though, you'd understand. I seriously lucked my way out of every match, apart from SV. Mostly thanks to Sub+T-Wave Jirachi. God I love her/it.

When I faced TRG in the old 1st round I 6-0'd him in the second match with Machamp against his entire trick room team. I think he only hit me once, because every other turn was just confusion hax. And then in the game after that my Sub+T-Wave Jirachi killed both his Heatran AND his Shandera, and then went on to kill something else. And then I brought in Sub+DD Kingdra somewhere along the lines and got lucky with more hax, and he forfeited out of the absurdity.

Riddle messed up in our last match when he switched out his +2 Doryuuzu thinking it couldn't OHKO my Flygon (which it totally could). I then did some good plays throughout the rest of the match that led to a speed tie between my Scarf Flygon and his Scarf Ditto. I won the speed tie. He had me pretty well read throughout the entire last match though. I guess that's what happens when you play each other as often as we used to.

Angel had connection issues for the first match and let me have the win, and somehow Porygon2's Discharge couldn't break Kingdra's subs. DD 4 times and gg.

SV ***** me. My team couldn't handle what he was cooking.

My team was just a bad random whim team consisting of Crobat, Starmie, Jirachi, Machamp, Kingdra, and Flygon. The fact that it got as far as it did, especially with the power creep of Gen 5, is mostly beyond me. Apart from Jirachi. That ***** is legit. I want to post the team though just to rub it in people's faces when they see what they lost to. Because it was that bad.

tl;dr: Hax wins.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
When I faced TRG in the old 1st round I 6-0'd him in the second match with Machamp against his entire trick room team. I think he only hit me once, because every other turn was just confusion hax. And then in the game after that my Sub+T-Wave Jirachi killed both his Heatran AND his Shandera, and then went on to kill something else. And then I brought in Sub+DD Kingdra somewhere along the lines and got lucky with more hax, and he forfeited out of the absurdity.
In my 6 months of playing competitive Pokemon those were the 2 most ridiculous matches I've ever been a part of. I HAVE to find that log somewhere his Jirachi killed my HEATRAN with Iron Head paraflinch hax.

But hey hax a part of the game so hats off to ya. Wish you didn't quit though.

EDIT: Wait wth Riddle got knocked out by Fuelbi? o.o

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
**** now I have to face someone that might actually be good.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I can't really "update" the blacklist since there isn't one to begin with.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
someone please pm or vm or im me of the next tournament! i really wanna play! i got 2nd place at that mixed tier one before :) i like these

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
someone please pm or vm or im me of the next tournament! i really wanna play! i got 2nd place at that mixed tier one before :) i like these
For someone who posts here a decent amount on a regular basis, this post is quite disappointing.

I've talked with Wave and the "list" has been settled on.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
He's saying that because he showed up late for the last one, not because he's too lazy to 'keep up'.

****ers

ulti let's play saturday. i'm busy today, tomorrow too, but saturday is like a big gaping hole in the afternoon. your pokédick can please it for a little while.

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Well, even though it was out of three, Art and I did it out of 5 (we weren't quite sure) and I won 3-2. However, I still won the first two matches, so it didn't really matter that much in the end.

Anyway, GGs Art! Those were excruciatingly mentally draining matches, but at the same time, they were really fun!

Edit: ****, I thought I enabled save log, but I didn't :(.

ss118

Smash Master
just lost 2-3 against him. He won games 1 and 2 as I used an EXACT replica of my GSC team, then I morphed it into this:

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Taunt

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Rest

Exeggutor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dustproof
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SDef
- Surf
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SDef
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Heracross (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Which took him out 2 games, the final game in which he made a single change to his team. It was super-close the entire time with awesome predictions all over the place. Hopefully he saved it, because now I would have made a warstory about it. <3

GG

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wow art got all this way with a Gen II team.

Holy **** art what are you smoking how did you do that aaaaa

RMT ART'S TEAM

6-0'd by Mixed Voltolos <3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hey Art, you should use a Gen II Ubers team for Ubers Cup II.

No seriously. Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Forry are all really good now.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Beat Kirbyraeg 2-0

I liked your first team better; it was a better team. You shouldn't have switched, you could've had this if you played with that team better.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh **** wait a second I still have to battle art.

THEN SilentVerse.

...and art revealed his team. maybe he forgot this was double elim

....damnit.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Inb4 art rips 6 sets from that just to make me mad

...nah art wouldn't do that he's too cool for that.

Imma still lose this though. art nearly won this with a Gen II team for ****s sakes.

Top Bottom