• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nas vs. Jay-z

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I dont recall this battle ever really concluding until just recently when both sides put it behind them, before that though most people would say Nas was the better MC this based on the track "ether' that destroyed Jay but its really a matter of opinion in the end.

Oh my 100 post lol =D

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Yea, Nas was better lyrically overrall in the 4 track battles they had. But I like to judge artists on EVERYTHING that makes you a quality artist, not just a few back and forth tracks.

For example, Nas made positive songs like I Know I Can, while Jay-Z was doing Big Pimpin and other meaningless tracks. But Jay-Z released more albums, and released them VERY fast like less than 12-11 months after each, which I feel is amazing. I hate artists that wait 2-3 years to release an album, and then it has like 10-11 tracks, lol*cough*Linkin park*

And Black Album was amazing, and I don't even like Jay-Z that much.

Link226

Smash Ace
Where the f*** you just come from!?

The argument been resolved, you late as hell man

But anyways, Jay-Z officially came outta retirement, and if he drops an album before nas, then Nas "officially" fell his *** off

If the new album is even close to Black Album, I doubt Nas's next release can top it, IF Nas even releases an album in the next year... :laugh:
If u saw the new XXL Nas is on the cover....nas says he told jay to go first....because he wanted to the end the year with a bang. Nas album due December 29th i think? or 19th? have u heard nas new ****? his album IS going to be better than black album :)

Dibs

Smash Lord
I can't believe you can even say illmatic was worse than the black album. Hip Hop is dead because of fans like that. Jay's new album sucks too. He should have stayed retired. Can't wait to hear Nas's new stuff though.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Another rapper is
The Game
Good Job *thumbs up*
I can't believe you can even say illmatic was worse than the black album. Hip Hop is dead because of fans like that. Jay's new album sucks too. He should have stayed retired. Can't wait to hear Nas's new stuff though.
Quoted For Truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvUTiJ57lVo

New Nas and Jay-z song Black Republican. It's pretty good.
I heard that like 10 days ago, good song I love the hook to it

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Nas won the battles but Jay-Z is a far superior musical artist. Not just a rapper.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Nas has deeper subjects than Jay-Z commonly does. Jay-Z has just become more commercial that's all.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Indeed Dibs

Jay-z can't stay out of rap beef. He just started beef with Jim Jones... LOL
That whole Dipset beef is just stupid, they aint like the marketing of ROC and left so theres nothing to cry about, STFU already Dips you still aint selling records.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Hey hey hey, I actually like Dipset. Mostly for Juelz Santana, but still, they are hilarious. BALLIN!!!

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Nas has deeper subjects than Jay-Z commonly does. Jay-Z has just become more commercial that's all.
Having deeper meaning doesn't make you a better musical artist. I say this all the time, it's not what you talk about, it's how you talk about it. I love both Nas and Jay-Z as artists, but fact is Jay-Z has done more MUSICALLY with his albums. Nas has alot of songs with the same generic hip hop beat and his impeccable lyrical content. While the lyrics have grown over time, the production has been much of the same sound with few, rare exceptions.

Jay-z can't stay out of rap beef. He just started beef with Jim Jones... LOL
I would like to hear Jay-Z make fun of the "BALLIN!!" thing on a diss track. I find the stuff Jim Jones does in that song hilarious.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Having deeper meaning doesn't make you a better musical artist. I say this all the time, it's not what you talk about, it's how you talk about it. I love both Nas and Jay-Z as artists, but fact is Jay-Z has done more MUSICALLY with his albums. Nas has alot of songs with the same generic hip hop beat and his impeccable lyrical content. While the lyrics have grown over time, the production has been much of the same sound with few, rare exceptions.
I didn't say Nas was a better artist musically. I was actually agreeing with you about the better musical artist thing. Jay-Z is just more appealing

I would like to hear Jay-Z make fun of the "BALLIN!!" thing on a diss track. I find the stuff Jim Jones does in that song hilarious.
Jay-Z actually has. He made a diss to Jim Jones on the We fly High beat.. and then Jim Jones jumped on that diss and made a diss back with the same beat... yes, he left Jay-Z's diss in there too. It also featured Juelz Santana. If you want to hear it I have it for you. I agree though. Jim Jones' habits of yelling things out in the background are hilarious.

Link226

Smash Ace
Dipset is trash....seriously i call them dip****s.

Jim Jones is one if not the worst artist in dipset. his voice is horrible and he is not ballin...***** didnt even go gold yet....hasnt it been over a month now? the funny **** to me is how people always say this ****** funny...i dont see anthing funny about dude....maybe his looks? cuz he looks like a bum that needs to shave and hasnt taken a bath in years..

Camron...lol i really dont wanna talk about this guy...this ***** be using nursey rhymes in his songs and people still take him serious...:laugh: He is not a good lyricist, he talks a bunch of bull****..its like he makes up his own words and put them in his songs.

Juelz...lol Some young guy that girls like and guys like...which is a lil wierd to me because he is not a good lyricist....hes a lot like camron. But juelz is probably the best of the group. Even tho he is bad. These rappers are very simplistic and not creative.

lets not talk about the rest of the crew....

I always thought it was funny when i talk about dipset to people who like them. The only thing they can say is they like their ''swagger'' or they are ''fresh'' because musically their trash. The hip-hop game is all about looks and ****. We need more musical artist like nas and jigga, **** all this d4l, franchise boys, and lil john bull****. Hip-Hop is dead cuz of these ******. Aiyyo i got Hip-hop is dead....it leaked on the internet....if anybody want it just PM me i got the link....4.5/5 album :)

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Dipset is trash....seriously i call them dip****s.

Jim Jones is one if not the worst artist in dipset. his voice is horrible and he is not ballin...***** didnt even go gold yet....hasnt it been over a month now? the funny **** to me is how people always say this ****** funny...i dont see anthing funny about dude....maybe his looks? cuz he looks like a bum that needs to shave and hasnt taken a bath in years..

Camron...lol i really dont wanna talk about this guy...this ***** be using nursey rhymes in his songs and people still take him serious...:laugh: He is not a good lyricist, he talks a bunch of bull****..its like he makes up his own words and put them in his songs.

Juelz...lol Some young guy that girls like and guys like...which is a lil wierd to me because he is not a good lyricist....hes a lot like camron. But juelz is probably the best of the group. Even tho he is bad. These rappers are very simplistic and not creative.

lets not talk about the rest of the crew....

I always thought it was funny when i talk about dipset to people who like them. The only thing they can say is they like their ''swagger'' or they are ''fresh'' because musically their trash. The hip-hop game is all about looks and ****. We need more musical artist like nas and jigga, **** all this d4l, franchise boys, and lil john bull****. Hip-Hop is dead cuz of these ******. Aiyyo i got Hip-hop is dead....it leaked on the internet....if anybody want it just PM me i got the link....4.5/5 album :)

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
F**k Dipset, all the kids these days are listening to rock now because of them, nobody knows what hip hop music really is anymore these days

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I wont even bother dealing w/ these people who clearly dont listen to music or atleast not understand what its about.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I don't like 50 cent becuase I'm more of a The Game fan, but I'd rather go with him only because of Eminem

EEvisu

Smash Lord
50 cent > The game. BTW all these new rappers that are spawning out of nowhere today suck.
I like there music about equal but sometimes 50 seems fake an Game cries to much

must of the ****ty rappers coming out are from the south, there are mabe 2 or 3 new ones that I'm feeling a little but other then that its all wack

Llyod Banks > DipSet, thats all G-Unit needs

Link-NY

Smash Ace
what i mean about these ****ty rappers is ppl like Jibbs,Mike jones and that H-rod guy w/e T,I is also terrible=/ rap,hip hop all lost its touch when these newbies came into the scene =(

EEvisu

Smash Lord
woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mangz T.I. stepped his **** up on Urban Legend an K.I.N.G, I can feel him.

Jibbs is ight nothing special though, Rich Boy is the best new one outh the south though.

ALSO VOTE FOR ME FOR BEST SIG IN THE SWF AWARDS, BE SURE TO SUBMIT AN CONFIRM YOUR VOTES

/cheap plug

Top Bottom