• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

nana cost me to lose a match

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
i was playing a friendly match against my bro, he was using pit and i got in in a ice block lock, i was going backwards because he was pushing against me, and i fell off and would have made it back on, but nana footstooled me, and i couldnt get on with my sopo recovery

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
I actually had this happen to me a couple times playing Ice Climbers. I don't know how the game registers it, but yeah for some reason, Nana/your partner can footstool YOU! Absolutely ******** if you ask me. I guess it was so that you can't easily footstool spike with Ice Climbers (2 vs. 1) otherwise, that would be an amazing spike because of their insane recovery.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I actually had this happen to me a couple times playing Ice Climbers. I don't know how the game registers it, but yeah for some reason, Nana/your partner can footstool YOU! Absolutely ******** if you ask me. I guess it was so that you can't easily footstool spike with Ice Climbers (2 vs. 1) otherwise, that would be an amazing spike because of their insane recovery.
I don't find there recovery to be "insane" enough for this to be a viable reason. There recovery can easily be gimped if you don't watch what your opponent is doing. Nana being able to footstool Popo is just an example of bad programming. They program footstooling into the game, even with Nana, but they never thought that this "new" feature/move would have to be program like the rest of the Ice Climbers moves from Melee that can't hurt your own climber.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
That is awesome! I mean, sure you lost a match (nanna loses people matches all the time! Always has, always will) but you have a story now =D

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Are you sure it is a footstool? It's never happened to me before an a lot of the times, I am under Nana when I do the second jump after getting hit off of the stage.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
:\ Weird. Nana's never footstooled me.

I just don't think she likes you. Switch mains now. :3

In other news, why is your opponent DIing TOWARDS you in an Ice block lock?

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice

i don't know, we were right next to the edge maybe that's why, but im not sure if it was a footstool but that's what my opponent said, but it was too chaotic for me to tell

Browny

Smash Hater
i never play IC, but the one time i tried them out this happened to me too. although it didnt cost me a stock or anything, i was just approaching in the air when suddenly popo gets foostooled into the floor and eats a dash attack. alas, no replay but my brother saw it too, thought 'so much for nana being smarter in brawl' :p

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
This is because technicaly nana is another character. Even though she folows your commands(most of the time *cough*), she counts more like a friendly. You can footstool friendlies(don't get me started about team battle when me and my partner were off the ledge :psycho:) Due to the glitchyness of nintendo-ware, i was surprised that when team attack was turned off nana didnt hit popo XD

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Nana is clumisy lawlcakes but it's one of the many disadvantages IC has since they're two charaters =O

But IC chaingrab equals automatic stock loss as said by many other players and when Chuck Norris grabs you, it's not =D

infomon

Smash Scientist
I don't believe that Nana can footstool you, though I'm not sure of an easy way to test it. (I'm not very good at desyncs yet...) I'd like video confirmation of this, if anyone has it.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman

Or try switching to Nana(alt costume) instead and have Popo as your secondary. Well, maybe Popo likes you better.

This is because technicaly nana is another character. Even though she folows your commands(most of the time *cough*), she counts more like a friendly. You can footstool friendlies(don't get me started about team battle when me and my partner were off the ledge ) Due to the glitchyness of nintendo-ware, i was surprised that when team attack was turned off nana didnt hit popo XD
That makes sense, didn't know you can footstool friendlies even with team attack off.

Top Bottom