• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naming of important DeDeDe moves thread.

CO18

Smash Hero
yeah seriously i ****ing hate howeveryone is trying to name dumb **** i mean "hugging" seriously its just edgehogging wtf.

The only reason to name something is if it's either like wavedash (where the only other option to say it is jump and air dodge diagonally towards the ground before you leave the ground) and shffl (which is just an abbreviation)
Which is pretty much what the thread is for, besides like 1 name up there which really wont be used, the names of the moves are either abbreviations for simpler writing or combos/techniques that dont have names for them.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
"Wdee"- Waddle Dee
"Wdoo"- Waddle Doo
"Regicide"- The intentional inhaling of the opponent by means of jumping off stage to kill both him as well as you. "Credit to
"Waddlepam"- The continuos repetition of using DDD's Side B, the "Waddle Dee Toss". Credit to "RinneganGod".
"HEPD"- Hammer Of Epic Pwning Destruction! "Credit to T-major"
"Gordowned"- Being KOED by a Gordo. Credit to "Fjurbanski"
"CJHW"- Charged Jet Hammer Walk
"CJHWing"- Charged Jet Hammer Walking
"Wall-dleing"- The act of throwing a Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo into an oncoming projectile
Credit to "Commander Blitkrieg"
"SDJC (Super Dedede Jump Cancel" - The canceling of the Super Dedede jump. This is done by pressing either down + B or down on the control stick.
"Penguin Stomp(PST)"- The continuos repetion of Grabbing your opponent and throwing him down.( Down Chain Grab) "Credit to Knux Echidna"
you are just taking out random letters for the sake of trying to be trendy i mean wtf is with "PST" pacific standard time? just call it dthrow chaingrab the idea of names is to get a point across not to sound like an idiot which you are doing with great success no offense.

CO18

Smash Hero
you are just taking out random letters for the sake of trying to be trendy i mean wtf is with "PST" pacific standard time? just call it dthrow chaingrab the idea of names is to get a point across not to sound like an idiot which you are doing with great success no offense.
Once again, they are abbreviations and names for moves that dont have one.
Besides your one "chaingrab" argument, which PST is easy to say anyway, and Im pretty sure people arent that blind to get it mixed up, I dont see what other arguments you have.

For the random letters sake, almost every move in smashbros has been shortened in this way.

Examples:

Aerial Neutral A- "Ana"
All the rest of the aerials as well except i dont feel the need to post them.

Short Hop Aerial Back Aerial Wavedash" SHABAWD".

"Short hop Aerial back aerial wavedash" Shffl".

One again almost everything is abbreviated.

Besides the fact that even if you disagree the rest of us can name moves if we want to, and its not like that you are forced to use them.
It was just a simple idea And I dont really appreciate the flaming/name calling involved by you and 5150.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
People that are complaining about this thread need to chill. It's all in good fun. Seriously, do you expect any of these terms to stick? We're just having fun.

Also, 5150, way to be a complete hypocrite, ahaha. I look at you as my rival in the King Dedede section of this forum. You represent all that is evil, and I good. May the best man win.

gg

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
wtf are you talking about undrdog. u high
lol It's hard to explain. Just something I experienced at *Pound* 3. Crouch Canceling the way we knew it it Melee is out. However there are still some advantages to crouching while taking an attacking. In fact Samus can still make good use of doing it. The thing is you're still stunned and go into the "being hit" animation. However your DI is still thrown straight into the ground and thus you don't go flying.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
A Church of Smash original combo: the Waddle DOO IT!!!

mindgames an opponent into a Waddle Doo beam attack, then smoke them with a charged Fsmash. (Of course, the crowd has to yell "DOOOO IITTTTT!!!" as you charge the smash. Works better if the opponent shields the beam, because the beam lags the shield so bad its ridiculous)

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Name: Wall-dle Dees
Tossing Waddle Dees into oncoming projectiles

Name: Backwash
Sucking in an opponent that has been shot at you from a Kirby or Dedede

Name: Catch and Regurgitate (CAR)
The frequent exchange of Backwashing between a Kirby and a King Dedede

Name: Final Smash (Side)
Stunning or Freezing an enemy, and then using a Smash Side (best attack in the game much?)
Catch and Regurgitate? just call it 2girls1cup. or, 2fatblobs1n00b

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Can there be a name for that time you've Super Dedede Jumped yourself into your own death? Is there a name for that time you had one stock and trieed the Super Dedede Jump to recover, but was too late to cancel it? How bout' "FatFalling". To others, it may sound like a compilation of videos of overweight people falling on Youtube. But, to us, it's that controller snapping moment of humiliation...

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
lol It's hard to explain. Just something I experienced at *Pound* 3. Crouch Canceling the way we knew it it Melee is out. However there are still some advantages to crouching while taking an attacking. In fact Samus can still make good use of doing it. The thing is you're still stunned and go into the "being hit" animation. However your DI is still thrown straight into the ground and thus you don't go flying.
Oh, I get it. but that would leave you exposed to more abuse. I'd go flying then recover rather than staying in front of the opponent for him to smack around.

CO18

Smash Hero
Can there be a name for that time you've Super Dedede Jumped yourself into your own death? Is there a name for that time you had one stock and trieed the Super Dedede Jump to recover, but was too late to cancel it? How bout' "FatFalling". To others, it may sound like a compilation of videos of overweight people falling on Youtube. But, to us, it's that controller snapping moment of humiliation...
Cool man ill add it, also I guess you're new here but dont multi post. Just edit the previous post if noone has responded. :)

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
I registered a while back, then when Brawl came out, (through torrent ;P) i came to shadow the threads. aghgah, my bad. (by the way, there's a random Gordo comming out of D3's ear in your banner...)

CO18

Smash Hero
I registered a while back, then when Brawl came out, (through torrent ;P) i came to shadow the threads. aghgah, my bad. (by the way, there's a random Gordo comming out of D3's ear in your banner...)
Lol, I just put those theres so the corners didnt look empty, its in every corner. :laugh:

Does look like it though. That would be sweet you're just like approaching your opponent..... and then all of a sudden a gordo comes out of Dededed's ear and he gets "Gordowned". :laugh:

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
I like the banner, but the "Dedede Players United!"part is too small to notice. If I'm bored, I'll try to make one or something...by the way, do you have a japanese wii with a japanese game or... torrents. lol. i was lucky to have a friend who has a modded Wii with a burnt copy of the game. we had 20ish people over to play it! I gotta post the vid on Smashbaords and Youtube...I live in Rhode Island by the way, not in Asia.

CO18

Smash Hero
I like the banner, but the "Dedede Players United!"part is too small to notice. If I'm bored, I'll try to make one or something...by the way, do you have a japanese wii with a japanese game or... torrents. lol. i was lucky to have a friend who has a modded Wii with a burnt copy of the game. we had 20ish people over to play it! I gotta post the vid on Smashbaords and Youtube...I live in Rhode Island by the way, not in Asia.
No, im actually in the same situation. Its my Best Friend's game.

Met

Smash Ace
Seriously Co18 the reason people named **** simple is so we could remember it no one is going to remember any of these names. I think i can remember one... shorting it doesnt make it easyer and thats why its a stupid idea. its just annoying because so many people are trying to do this and it doesn't make sense because they are doing it for every character. so when i cancel a upB in mid air i will just say it cause it takes like one ****ing breath.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
this forum just gets gayer and gayer everytime i read a new thread
wow this thread is stupid. Look I am going to main kind dedede but why are you making a name for everything that he can do? seriously his chaingrab is a chaingrab waddle dee spaming can be called.... waddle dee spaming how am I supposed to remember all these names? Huh? I'm not, thats why its stupid.
/signed

you guys are tryin way too hard

Mordraug

Smash Cadet
All I see are acronyms for their names. Is an "official list" really necessary for that?

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Edge Hammer

When your opponent is trying to recover, and you charge up an F-Smash right at the edge, and then unleah it on an unsuspecting opponent.

Top Bottom