• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name any dumb character request for smash

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
well that honestly doesn't matter look at Rob and duck hunt and Shantae has some games in Japan I heard and shovel Knight has plans for japn but yea
Geno is part of an established franchise and would be the 8th rep while those 3 represent classic nintendo franchises. Shantae had 1 game in Japan and I don't think it sold that well and for Shovel Knight, he hasn't released in Japan yet so until he does he doesn't have a chance

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
14.6 Million copies. Compare that to smash's sale worldwide: 10.4 million (since March, couldn't find sales currently)
Which was the game that released in Japan? I swear one of them did but according to wikipedia apparently not

Actually..... I believe sakurai stated that he has no problem re-working assist trophies into playable characters.

so uhm. This could either prove as a problem, or a nice solution to some assist trophy characters.
Source pls

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Why is this thread a thing....

:231:
I agree and question why this thread is a thing myself. Only a few of these character requests are NOT dumb, such as Shantae. She actually has a chance and should not be in this thread at all.

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Geno is part of an established franchise and would be the 8th rep while those 3 represent classic nintendo franchises. Shantae had 1 game in Japan and I don't think it sold that well and for Shovel Knight, he hasn't released in Japan yet so until he does he doesn't have a chance
Super Mario rpg is a cult classic like earthbound and spawned both the paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series but also Geno would represent nintendo and square because both worked on him

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Super Mario rpg is a cult classic like earthbound and spawned both the paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series but also Geno would represent nintendo and square because both worked on him
It's still just a small part of a giant franchise, not to mention how there's better options to represent the Mario RPGs. He also doesn't represent Square at all unlike Sonic for SEGA, pac-man for Namco etc

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
It's still just a small part of a giant franchise, not to mention how there's better options to represent the Mario RPGs. He also doesn't represent Square at all unlike Sonic for SEGA, pac-man for Namco etc
yes he does Nintendo and Square someone from Square made both Geno and Mallow but this is before square and enix became one o.o

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
yes he does Nintendo and Square someone from Square made both Geno and Mallow but this is before square and enix became one o.o
But Square doesn't use Geno and Mallow as mascots, which is the real issue here. Sonic is a mascot character, as is Pac-Man. Most people (gamers or non gamers) know Sonic and Pac-Man, while Geno and Mallow are very rarely known in comparison.

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
But Square doesn't use Geno and Mallow as mascots, which is the real issue here. Sonic is a mascot character, as is Pac-Man. Most people (gamers or non gamers) know Sonic and Pac-Man, while Geno and Mallow are very rarely known in comparison.
I know because Square Enix would have to ask Nintendo to use him and Nintendo has to also ask Square Enix which Nintendo has done in the past

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I agree and question why this thread is a thing myself. Only a few of these character requests are NOT dumb, such as Shantae. She actually has a chance and should not be in this thread at all.
Yes. A third party indie character who's nowhere close to iconic as Sonic, Pac-Man, etc and barely has a fanbase in Japan is totally not dumb.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yes. A third party indie character who's nowhere close to iconic as Sonic, Pac-Man, etc and barely has a fanbase in Japan is totally not dumb.
She's been around for 13 years. That's a long time to be around for. I know it's not iconic years necessarily (the characters you mentioned have been around longer, but 13 years is better then 2-3 years). And yes, while she may not be well known at this moment in Japan, Ken Sugimori (the guy who draws Pokemon and a friend of Sakurais) supports her being in the game, which helps her out tremendously. She is NOT a dumb character.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
She's been around for 13 years. That's a huge amount of time for being around. And yes, while she may not be well known at this moment in Japan, Ken Sugimori (the guy who draws Pokemon and a friend of Sakurais) supports her being in the game, which helps her out tremendously. She is NOT a dumb character.
A ton of characters have been around for a lot longer and are much more popular. Also, did Sugimori personally ask Sakurai for her to be in Smash? No he didn't. Again, she's still relatively obscure, and third parties have to be a special case to be considered for Smash. So, she's still dumb

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
A ton of characters have been around for a lot longer and are much more popular. Also, did Sugimori personally ask Sakurai for her to be in Smash? No he didn't. Again, she's still relatively obscure, and third parties have to be a special case to be considered for Smash. So, she's still dumb
Ken Sugimori voted for her in the Smash Ballot, so in a way, he technically asked for her to be in the game. And yes, she may be somewhat obscure, but thanks to her most recent game, Pirate's Curse, and an upcoming game, Half-Genie Hero, she's leaving that pit of obscurity. Her Smashified picture has also helped her leave that pit of obscurity as well. But please, stop calling her a dumb character. She has a chance. If she had no chance, then yes, I would agree that she would be a dumb character. But she's not.

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
This isn't about which note-worthy ballot contenders you disagree with and/or consider unlikely. It's about the absolute dumbest character suggestions you have encountered. Do you really think Shantae is a dumber or more unlikely suggestion than Billy Mays, Burger King mascot, or Coldsteel the Hedgehog?

It's fun to share the most absurd suggestions possible, but if we start going after popular ballot choices that we personally think are dumb, this is just going to devolve into trolling and flaming.

As for my contribution to this thread, how about Superman from Superman 64?

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
We can get more than 1 square Enix character and also remember Geno represent the link and the relationship between square and Nintendo wich no other 3rd party does have this

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We can get more than 1 square Enix character and also remember Geno represent the link and the relationship between square and Nintendo wich no other 3rd party does have this
And yet he's still obscure as hell. Being related to Nintendo has little to do with it if Snake was anything to go by (The MGS series is often tied to Playstation). You just need to have appeared on a Nintendo console and be a video game character.
All third parties in Smash Bros have been iconic in a way.
:4pacman: - One of the most well known fictional characters worldwide. A video game icon in general.
:4sonic: - Marios's rival during the early era of the Console Wars. A platforming icon.
:4megaman: - A platforming icon from the NES/SNES days.
:4ryu: - A fighting game icon with Super Street Fighter 2 being a major hit on the SNES.
:snake: - An icon regarding the stealth genre. MGS revolutionised story telling in games.

Geno - A character with only one major appearance in a game and his last appearance was a cameo in a game released over a decade ago.

You see how out of place Geno looks with them?

Being a Mario character (in a way) won't save him either. Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Daisy, Fawful and King Boo are more well known than Geno and actually have a chance (outside of Waluigi being an AT already).

In terms of Square Enix characters there's Black Mage, Cloud, Kefka, Lara Croft, Adam Jensen, Slime, Cid, Moogle and Chocobo. All of them have made an appearance over the past few years. Black Mage, Slime and Moogle have actually appeared alongside Mario in the past few years so... yeah. Geno isn't unique in that regard of showing a relation between Square Enix and Nintendo (not that a relation to Nintendo mattered much as I've already said).

Geno Boost

Smash Master
And yet he's still obscure as hell. Being related to Nintendo has little to do with it if Snake was anything to go by (The MGS series is often tied to Playstation). You just need to have appeared on a Nintendo console and be a video game character.
All third parties in Smash Bros have been iconic in a way.
:4pacman: - One of the most well known fictional characters worldwide. A video game icon in general.
:4sonic: - Marios's rival during the early era of the Console Wars. A platforming icon.
:4megaman: - A platforming icon from the NES/SNES days.
:4ryu: - A fighting game icon with Super Street Fighter 2 being a major hit on the SNES.
:snake: - An icon regarding the stealth genre. MGS revolutionised story telling in games.

Geno - A character with only one major appearance in a game and his last appearance was a cameo in a game released over a decade ago.

You see how out of place Geno looks with them?

Being a Mario character (in a way) won't save him either. Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Daisy, Fawful and King Boo are more well known than Geno and actually have a chance (outside of Waluigi being an AT already).

In terms of Square Enix characters there's Black Mage, Cloud, Kefka, Lara Croft, Adam Jensen, Slime, Cid, Moogle and Chocobo. All of them have made an appearance over the past few years. Black Mage, Slime and Moogle have actually appeared alongside Mario in the past few years so... yeah. Geno isn't unique in that regard of showing a relation between Square Enix and Nintendo (not that a relation to Nintendo mattered much as I've already said).
Popularity is not everything I didn't know who is snake before brawl
Sakurai never said the 3rd party character must be the most iconic thing ever, being a Mario character help him because he is a part of Nintendo and was created to be in a Nintendo console and never go away from Mario universe.
Also getting the right to Geno would be easier than getting the right to a final fantasy character and also most people doesn't really care about a final fantasy character get in smash or not so Geno is what actually most thing what people (smash fans) wants and care from Nintendo to square Enix to have in smash and get back to life there he already tied with megaman in sakurai brawl poll and has been in the poll since melee other square Enix characters are way far from him. And SMRPG is already important in Nintendo history and square history
And we can get more than 1 square Enix character I can see geno getting in with a final fantasy character if square Enix will represent in smash because he represent the link and the relatioship between square Enix and Nintendo even if it passes 19 years
But that's not all if we got geno already in brawl we would have been getting SMRPG true squel already and geno and mallow would have been appearing in a lot games and have a future now just like pit

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Popularity is not everything I didn't know who is snake before brawl
Sakurai never said the 3rd party character must be the most iconic thing ever, being a Mario character help him because he is a part of Nintendo and was created to be in a Nintendo console and never go away from Mario universe.
Also getting the right to Geno would be easier than getting the right to a final fantasy character and also most people doesn't really care about a final fantasy character get in smash or not so Geno is what actually most thing what people (smash fans) wants from Nintendo to square Enix to have in smash and get back to life there he already tied with megaman in sakurai brawl poll and has been in the poll since melee other square Enix characters are way far from him. And SMRPG is already important in Nintendo history and square history
And we can get more than 1 square Enix character
IMO Snake is a bad example since he was SUPER popular with a ton of gamers before Brawl, plus he was more relevant than half the cast. But I definitively agree with you on the point of popularity....

I come from Melee and if you look back from then to now it's the most obscure characters like Roy (his debut!), Marth, Falco, Captain Falcon that have only become immensely popular and liked because they were in a smash game. In many ways I can see Geno having the same effect, he's already got a head start since he's beloved by almost anyone that played SMRPG for the SNES. Most of the community seems behind it as well, anyone who is mad about his surge in popularity just simply doesn't like the character or is whining because their picks are not getting as much attention.

I think all that truly matters is if you can see them somehow fitting into a smash games and having creative, interesting, and practical move sets.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Popularity is not everything

And what is the Smash Ballot for then?

I didn't know who is snake before brawl
Also getting the right to Geno would be easier than getting the right to a final fantasy character and also most people doesn't really care about a final fantasy character get in smash or not so Geno is what actually most thing what people (smash fans) wants and care from Nintendo to square Enix to have in smash and get back to life there he already tied with megaman in sakurai brawl poll and has been in the poll since melee other square Enix characters are way far from him. And SMRPG is already important in Nintendo history and square history
And we can get more than 1 square Enix character
- You knowing/not knowing a character means nothing. It doesn't change that Snake is an icon to the Stealth genre because MGS popularised it.

- Sakurai has said that "Not just anyone can get into Smash Bros". This implies being iconic for third parties.

- If Geno was a part of Nintendo then I think he'd actually be acknowledged in Nintendo games beyond Superstar Saga. He hasn't. The perfect opportunities arose with Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Sports mix and Fortune Street. It didn't happen. We instead got the more important to SE FF characters/jobs and DQ characters.

- Not really. Square are really stingy with their characters. They didn't let Lara Croft OR Cloud in PSASBR. I think they'd rather a character they actually use would get into Smash Bros. Not someone that's been dead for over a decade.

- Not in this game. Even so I doubt it'd be Geno and someone else.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

And what is the Smash Ballot for then?

- You knowing/not knowing a character means nothing. It doesn't change that Snake is an icon to the Stealth genre because MGS popularised it.

- Sakurai has said that "Not just anyone can get into Smash Bros". This implies being iconic for third parties.

- If Geno was a part of Nintendo then I think he'd actually be acknowledged in Nintendo games beyond Superstar Saga. He hasn't. The perfect opportunities arose with Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Sports mix and Fortune Street. It didn't happen. We instead got the more important to SE FF characters/jobs and DQ characters.

- Not really. Square are really stingy with their characters. They didn't let Lara Croft OR Cloud in PSASBR. I think they'd rather a character they actually use would get into Smash Bros. Not someone that's been dead for over a decade.

- Not in this game. Even so I doubt it'd be Geno and someone else.
The ballout shows what fans want not who is popular if it's about popularity we would get koopa troopa in smash

-still sakurai never said everything should very very iconic for a 3rd party

-still he didn't didn't say super iconic as a reason

-he would but that didn't happen because of the copyright issue and square Enix doesn't like to bring a forgotten character that disappeared after 19 years in a sport game, that would be like putting Crono in sport game after 20 years of disappearing and the fans has been asking for remake it would bring a lot of dissapointment because this is not the way that square Enix wants to use a forgotten character again, fighting game or a remake/squel of the game is better way to revive a forgotten character because it shows how the character shine again and make a lot of fans happy

-still easier than a final fantasy character because he is a part of Mario universe rather than being part of other square Enix franchises and Nintendo already own half of the SMRPG stuff so this won't be complicated also PSASBR is a bad clone of smash why would square Enix let their character be in there also sakurai picks the 3rd party not the companies

-only the future will tell

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The ballout shows what fans want not who is popular if it's about popularity we would get koopa troopa in smash

-still sakurai never said everything should very very iconic for a 3rd party

-still he didn't didn't say super iconic as a reason

-he would but that didn't happen because of the copyright issue and square Enix doesn't like to bring a forgotten character that disappeared after 19 years in a sport game, that would be like putting Crono in sport game after 20 years of disappearing and the fans has been asking for remake it would bring a lot of dissapointment because this is not the way that square Enix wants to use a forgotten character again, fighting game or a remake/squel of the game is better way to revive a forgotten character because it shows how the character shine again and make a lot of fans happy

-still easier than a final fantasy character because he is a part of Mario universe rather than being part of other square Enix franchises and Nintendo already own half of the SMRPG stuff so this won't be complicated also PSASBR is a bad clone of smash why would square Enix let their character be in there also sakurai picks the 3rd party not the companies

-only the future will tell
Except I haven't seen anyone say they're voting for a Generic Koopa Troopa. That isn't a popular choice. A popular choice would be K Rool, Isaac or Bandanna Dee.

- And Geno isn't iconic in the slightest. Look at the third parties we've had. They're Gaming Legends. Geno is a nobody.

- Instead his last appearance was a cameo for a minigame in Superstar Saga after being MIA for 7 years. I'm pretty sure Geno supporters would rather Geno make any sort of appearance in a sports title instead of clamouring for a grand return for what was at best, a side character in the main party.

- It isn't. Sakurai has to negotiate with the third party to do with the characters. It's why Brawl got delayed. SEGA were playing hard to get with Sonic. Konami and Capcom were very willing to let Snake and Mega Man join for Brawl and SSB4 respectively whilst Namco Bandai were working on SSB4 so Pac-Man was really easy to get.

- PSASBR being a "clone" (it isn't. You get points a very different way. The only shared concept is being a fighting game crossover of PS characters) has nothing to do with it. Being "bad" is also subjective. Have you actually played the game? Or is it just you following the crowd? SE have a good relationship with Sony.

- Sakurai goes to them about characters. But the third parties have the final say on whether they're included or not.

- It'll be a very long wait for that.

I also highly suggest you use punctuation in your comments. They're an eyesore to read without them.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Except I haven't seen anyone say they're voting for a Generic Koopa Troopa. That isn't a popular choice. A popular choice would be K Rool, Isaac or Bandanna Dee.

- And Geno isn't iconic in the slightest. Look at the third parties we've had. They're Gaming Legends. Geno is a nobody.

- Instead his last appearance was a cameo for a minigame in Superstar Saga after being MIA for 7 years. I'm pretty sure Geno supporters would rather Geno make any sort of appearance in a sports title instead of clamouring for a grand return for what was at best, a side character in the main party.

- It isn't. Sakurai has to negotiate with the third party to do with the characters. It's why Brawl got delayed. SEGA were playing hard to get with Sonic. Konami and Capcom were very willing to let Snake and Mega Man join for Brawl and SSB4 respectively whilst Namco Bandai were working on SSB4 so Pac-Man was really easy to get.

- PSASBR being a "clone" (it isn't. You get points a very different way. The only shared concept is being a fighting game crossover of PS characters) has nothing to do with it. Being "bad" is also subjective. Have you actually played the game? Or is it just you following the crowd? SE have a good relationship with Sony.

- Sakurai goes to them about characters. But the third parties have the final say on whether they're included or not.

- It'll be a very long wait for that.

I also highly suggest you use punctuation in your comments. They're an eyesore to read without them.
-again sakurai said never said it MUST be very very iconic if he said this already then you will see nobody asking for shantae and shovel knight and a lot more 3rd parties

-the difference between him and other video game character that are not being the main character, is that the game that he appeared in, the story of the game mostly focus on Geno

-capcom wanted Megaman?! Give me source, square Enix are not willing to have a character in smash so let Nintendo choose

-yes I played it, it was really boring and not enjoyable and that's another reason why square Enix didn't allow their characters

-if the companies care about what the fans mostly wants in this game they will say yes

-I am ready for this all smash fanbase wait for their characters until they got de/confirmed

I am not good at English but I will try :/

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
-again sakurai said never said it MUST be very very iconic if he said this already then you will see nobody asking for shantae and shovel knight and a lot more 3rd parties

-the difference between him and other video game character that are not being the main character, is that the game that he appeared in, the story of the game mostly focus on Geno

-capcom wanted Megaman?! Give me source, square Enix are not willing to have a character in smash so let Nintendo choose

-yes I played it, it was really boring and not enjoyable and that's another reason why square Enix didn't allow their characters

-if the companies care about what the fans mostly wants in this game they will say yes

-I am ready for this all smash fanbase wait for their characters until they got de/confirmed

I am not good at English but I will try :/
- Except Shantae is an iconic indie character. Shovel Knight is voted for because "muh relevancy" and the fact his game was an excellent throwback to the old platformers of the NES/SNES days whilst ignoring that Nintendo still doesn't have an exclusive piece of content unlike the Xbox and PS versions of the game. The ballot is to vote for characters you'd like to see.

- The story is actually to get rid of the Smithy threat and repair the Star Road. Geno is a doll possessed by a Star just so it can help reclaim the pieces. It's not that big of a role really. You could argue it focuses on Bowser the most because his Keep gets taken over by the Smithy Gang and he has to reclaim it. You could argue the focus is on Peach as the Smithy Gang have invaded her Kingdom. You could argue the focus is on Mallow as he discovers who he truly is throughout the journey.

- http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection
"We approached Capcom with the idea and they were very favourable and open to it"

- Using your views on a game for as to why SE didn't put a character in said game isn't a good argument. Some people really enjoyed it and want a sequel.

- SE don't. If they listened we wouldn't have FFXIII-2 and XIII-3. We'd have had Kingdom Hearts 3 released by now. They're a business. They want to make money and could care less what their fans want. The polls? They're to get ideas so they can sell games to fans and entice them into potentially getting collector's editions.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
- Except Shantae is an iconic indie character. Shovel Knight is voted for because "muh relevancy" and the fact his game was an excellent throwback to the old platformers of the NES/SNES days whilst ignoring that Nintendo still doesn't have an exclusive piece of content unlike the Xbox and PS versions of the game. The ballot is to vote for characters you'd like to see.

- The story is actually to get rid of the Smithy threat and repair the Star Road. Geno is a doll possessed by a Star just so it can help reclaim the pieces. It's not that big of a role really. You could argue it focuses on Bowser the most because his Keep gets taken over by the Smithy Gang and he has to reclaim it. You could argue the focus is on Peach as the Smithy Gang have invaded her Kingdom. You could argue the focus is on Mallow as he discovers who he truly is throughout the journey.

- http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection
"We approached Capcom with the idea and they were very favourable and open to it"

- Using your views on a game for as to why SE didn't put a character in said game isn't a good argument. Some people really enjoyed it and want a sequel.

- SE don't. If they listened we wouldn't have FFXIII-2 and XIII-3. We'd have had Kingdom Hearts 3 released by now. They're a business. They want to make money and could care less what their fans want. The polls? They're to get ideas so they can sell games to fans and entice them into potentially getting collector's editions.
-but none of them are super iconic, if they are iconic that's mean Geno is iconic too not only this but he did come way before they does wich make the old generation know about him than shantae and shovel knight and he is still alive on the internet to this day

-the game is mostly about Geno quest that includes the 7 stars and smithy gangs wich is the biggest thing in the game and it was about his quest

-capcom was not the only reason "Mega Man's addition came about at the behest of fans as well. After Sonic the Hedgehog — who appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl— Mega Man was the most requested guest character, Sakurai said." The fanbase were also a reason

-the more listening to your fans the more money you get

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
-but none of them are super iconic, if they are iconic that's mean Geno is iconic too not only this but he did come way before they does wich make the old generation know about him than shantae and shovel knight and he is still alive on the internet to this day

-the game is mostly about Geno quest that includes the 7 stars and smithy gangs wich is the biggest thing in the game and it was about his quest

-capcom was not the only reason "Mega Man's addition came about at the behest of fans as well. After Sonic the Hedgehog — who appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl— Mega Man was the most requested guest character, Sakurai said." The fanbase were also a reason

- So Shantae, one of the faces of indie titles, makes a nobody like Geno iconic? Yeah no. Geno isn't iconic. He's a very minor character in the Mario universe.

- Geno isn't the main focus of the game. The Smithy Gang's invasion is.

- You've missed the point. Mega Mans's inclusion is a result of Capcom wanting him in. If Capcom had objected to him being in then we wouldn't have Mega Man or even Ryu.

- Same goes for not listening. The vocal people are just a minority. They have to appeal to the lowest common denominator which is the wider silent audience.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Bandanna Dee is also relatively obscure and his creators haven't personally asked for him, and therefore he's still dumb as a ballot choice. :p

That argument just got totally flipped onto your head, dude. Also, I'd hardly call Shantae obscure, either; maybe not Mario-tier recognition, but a number of people can recognize her.

Hah, the Geno dream died with the Brawl speculation, dude. He's got no chance in hell of making it now.

No, the game is mostly about Mario going on a quest to collect the Seven Stars and defeat Smithy's gang. Geno is a side character in the plot.

Yeah, and look how many Geno fans there are rabidly supporting him like in the Brawl days...oh wait.

You want me to list off characters with bigger fanbases than Geno? Alright;
King K. Rool, Krystal, Wolf, Ridley, Banjo and Kazooie, Sceptile, Isaac, Shantae...etc, etc. There's characters with a LOT more fans than Geno has, so Geno is not anywhere close to as profitable as any of the heavy-hitters I've mentioned.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Bandanna Dee is also relatively obscure and his creators haven't personally asked for him, and therefore he's still dumb as a ballot choice. :p

That argument just got totally flipped onto your head, dude. Also, I'd hardly call Shantae obscure, either; maybe not Mario-tier recognition, but a number of people can recognize her.

Hah, the Geno dream died with the Brawl speculation, dude. He's got no chance in hell of making it now.

No, the game is mostly about Mario going on a quest to collect the Seven Stars and defeat Smithy's gang. Geno is a side character in the plot.

Yeah, and look how many Geno fans there are rabidly supporting him like in the Brawl days...oh wait.

You want me to list off characters with bigger fanbases than Geno? Alright;
King K. Rool, Krystal, Wolf, Ridley, Banjo and Kazooie, Sceptile, Isaac, Shantae...etc, etc. There's characters with a LOT more fans than Geno has, so Geno is not anywhere close to as profitable as any of the heavy-hitters I've mentioned.
Not really I found a lot of people requesting Geno recently and you didn't see when the ballout was announced and see how did deivenart and tumblr and YouTube explode for voting Geno

It's also about Geno too The main quest is to help Geno to get everything he wanted wich is why the game is called "legend of the 7 stars"

Still the most requested square Enix character since brawl

I dissagree a lot of them are smash fanbase and supporters but they aren't real fan of the character (exept few character you listed here like banjo)
Just try to search about Geno or SMRPG you will find huge amount of fans

Top Bottom