• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name any dumb character request for smash

Geno Boost

Smash Master
- So Shantae, one of the faces of indie titles, makes a nobody like Geno iconic? Yeah no. Geno isn't iconic. He's a very minor character in the Mario universe.

- Geno isn't the main focus of the game. The Smithy Gang's invasion is.

- You've missed the point. Mega Mans's inclusion is a result of Capcom wanting him in. If Capcom had objected to him being in then we wouldn't have Mega Man or even Ryu.

- Same goes for not listening. The vocal people are just a minority. They have to appeal to the lowest common denominator which is the wider silent audience.
-the title of the game says "legend of the 7 stars" wich is the most thing that Geno was talking about throughout the game

-then why did sakurai mention the fans if your saying capcom was the only reason

-that's just your opinion unless if the company has something bigger that no one asked for but made every fans happy than what they asked for like bringing something very new to them (like Mario galaxy for example)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
-the title of the game says "legend of the 7 stars" wich is the most thing that Geno was talking about throughout the game

-then why did sakurai mention the fans if your saying capcom was the only reason

-that's just your opinion unless if the company has something bigger that no one asked for but made every fans happy than what they asked for like bringing something very new to them (like Mario galaxy for example)
- And the Seven Stars are heavily tied to the Smithy Gang's invasion.

- Because Capcom's word is the be all, end all in terms of Mega Man getting in. Are you blatantly ignoring the point earlier about Sonic? Loads of people wanted him but SEGA played hard to get. It's why Brawl got delayed.

- It isn't an opinion that companies focus on the lowest common denominator. You have to appeal to the average Jills and Joes to get the majority of sales.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Bandanna Dee is also relatively obscure and his creators haven't personally asked for him, and therefore he's still dumb as a ballot choice. :p
Bandana Dee is first party, one of the most voted for characters for DLC. Kirby is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and Bandana Dee is one of the main characters. Also his creator his Sakurai, so...

Geno Boost

Smash Master
- And the Seven Stars are heavily tied to the Smithy Gang's invasion.

- Because Capcom's word is the be all, end all in terms of Mega Man getting in. Are you blatantly ignoring the point earlier about Sonic? Loads of people wanted him but SEGA played hard to get. It's why Brawl got delayed.

- It isn't an opinion that companies focus on the lowest common denominator. You have to appeal to the average Jills and Joes to get the majority of sales.
-and Geno too

-nah i am not but were SEGA friends with nintendo already in 20s? because of the olympic games

-its not like companies can't change thier minds at all, they dont always do good things

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
-and Geno too

-nah i am not but were SEGA friends with nintendo already in 20s? because of the olympic games

-its not like companies can't change thier minds at all, they dont always do good things
- And Peach. And Bowser. And Mallow. And Mario. Smithy's invasion and destruction of Star Road get's Mario and Mallow going on the adventure. Peach's castle is attacked. Bowser loses many of his troop to the Gang.

- They were kind of friends. SEGA still wanted to play hard to get though.

- Yes they change their minds. But their goals are the same. Make loads of Money. It's why Konami are getting rid of Kojima despite fans hating them for it.

ONLY for the 7 stars and their base at the castle. Everything else does not involve smithy's gang From what I see in the game
And the invasion of Peach's Castle. And Rose Town. And Seaside Town. They attempted to take over those places.

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Bandana Dee is first party, one of the most voted for characters for DLC. Kirby is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and Bandana Dee is one of the main characters. Also his creator his Sakurai, so...
Eh, I would call Bandana Dee a side character, not a main character. The point is that obscurity is relative. I still would place Bandana Dee among the top 10 most likely DLC characters though.

- And Peach. And Bowser. And Mallow. And Mario. Smithy's invasion and destruction of Star Road get's Mario and Mallow going on the adventure. Peach's castle is attacked. Bowser loses many of his troop to the Gang.

- They were kind of friends. SEGA still wanted to play hard to get though.

- Yes they change their minds. But their goals are the same. Make loads of Money. It's why Konami are getting rid of Kojima despite fans hating them for it.

And the invasion of Peach's Castle. And Rose Town. And Seaside Town. They attempted to take over those places.
Geno has had a faithful following of fans who have wanted him in Smash for the longest time. This thread is more for obviously silly ideas like Shaquille O'Neal from Shaq Fu, or Captain Crunch. Attacking serious ballot contenders, even unlikely ones, is just a recipe for trolling and flaming. Geno may not be very likely or popular, but he isn't in the same category as Spongebob or whatever.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Geno has had a faithful following of fans who have wanted him in Smash for the longest time. This thread is more for obviously silly ideas like Shaquille O'Neal from Shaq Fu, or Captain Crunch. Attacking serious ballot contenders, even unlikely ones, is just a recipe for trolling and flaming. Geno may not be very likely or popular, but he isn't in the same category as Spongebob or whatever.
Is it really attacking Geno if it's clearing up so many misconceptions I see his Supporters bring up?
And it's an opinion based thread so popular characters like Bandanna Dee and Geno are bound to come up at some point.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Eh, I would call Bandana Dee a side character, not a main character. The point is that obscurity is relative. I still would place Bandana Dee among the top 10 most likely DLC characters though.

At this point I'd call him a main character, he's had appearances in multiple games, 2 of which are playable and 1 was where Meta Knight didn't appear at all and King Dedede was just a boss. The other was alongside Meta Knight and Dedede. He's a main character in the same was Captain Toad is

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Geno is unquestionably the dumbest character request to ever get popular, and I still don't completely understand how it happened. It's like requesting Gwonam the Wizard. Niche, largely unimportant Zelda character who isn't even owned by Nintendo.

I think requesting a character who's already an Assist Trophy, Boss, or part of a move is stupid, too.

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Is it really attacking Geno if it's clearing up so many misconceptions I see his Supporters bring up?
And it's an opinion based thread so popular characters like Bandanna Dee and Geno are bound to come up at some point.
Maybe "attacking" was a poor choice of words. When you consider that this is a thread specifically devoted to bringing up "dumb" character requests, not merely unlikely ones, maybe you can forgive me for coming off as unnecessarily accusatory.

Also it's an open question what the standards are for the inclusion of 3rd party characters. If this has so far been because including 3rd party characters is a conflict of interests for Nintendo, then third party characters that don't sell rival consoles might be open game. Or maybe the main challenge is IP rights, but then we can only really guess which companies are currently willing to play ball and which are not. Or maybe Sakurai's team just has a no exception rule that only top tier iconic 3rd party characters are to be considered. Since we don't really know, all we can do is speculate and argue about different theories. It's fun but it feels a little off topic here. I guess that's what I was reacting to earlier. I actually you are right that Geno is extremely unlikely (I think even if he were owned by Nintendo he would be extremely unlikely), but like I said, that argument just seems a little out of place here.

At this point I'd call him a main character, he's had appearances in multiple games, 2 of which are playable and 1 was where Meta Knight didn't appear at all and King Dedede was just a boss. The other was alongside Meta Knight and Dedede. He's a main character in the same was Captain Toad is
Captain Toad has a game with his name in the title, and in which he is THE playable character, so maybe that's not the right comparison. However I do have to admit that the distinction between main character and side character is blurry, and is just semantic when you get right down to it. Bandana Dee has risen in prominence within the Kirby series, which is why I said I think he probably makes top 10 most likely.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Geno is unquestionably the dumbest character request to ever get popular, and I still don't completely understand how it happened. It's like requesting Gwonam the Wizard. Niche, largely unimportant Zelda character who isn't even owned by Nintendo.

I think requesting a character who's already an Assist Trophy, Boss, or part of a move is stupid, too.
Geno isn't the dumbest character request goku,spongebob and cranky kong is, and if Geno was so dumb why would people be voting for him then and why would he have a big fan base then.Geno would be a very cool character in super smash bros

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Geno isn't the dumbest character request goku,spongebob and cranky kong is, and if Geno was so dumb why would people be voting for him then and why would he have a big fan base then.Geno would be a very cool character in super smash bros
Geno is unquestionably the dumbest character request to ever get popular
I specified he's the dumbest to be popular. Given how unimportant he is to the Mario franchise and the fact that he's the property of a third party developer that has far more iconic characters to choose from, he's a stupid suggestion in my opinion, yes. Thankfully he's not as popular a pick now as he was leading into Brawl.

Goku is a troll suggestion and Spongebob isn't requested by anyone.

Cranky Kong is debatable. His importance to Donkey Kong far outweighs Geno's importance to Mario. He still appears in games and isn't owned by Square Enix. Not only do I think Cranky is a better pick, but I think he'd be likelier to get into a future Smash game.

Last edited:

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
I specified he's the dumbest to be popular. Given how unimportant he is to the Mario franchise and the fact that he's the property of a third party developer that has far more iconic characters to choose from, he's a stupid suggestion in my opinion, yes. Thankfully he's not as popular a pick now as he was leading into Brawl.

Goku is a troll suggestion and Spongebob isn't requested by anyone.

Cranky Kong is debatable. His importance to Donkey Kong far outweighs Geno's importance to Mario. He still appears in games and isn't owned by Square Enix. Not only do I think Cranky is a better pick, but I think he'd be likelier to get into a future Smash game.
Geno doesn't have to be with the third party character's,he could be in the mario series and if geno get's in smash, nintendo could put him in more games,than he could be important to the mario series and I don't understand why you would want a old gorilla than a badass doll that can shoot rockets and laser out of his hands,but it's your opinion.:ohwell:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Geno doesn't have to be with the third party character's,he could be in the mario series and if geno get's in smash, nintendo could put him in more games,than he could be important to the mario series and I don't understand why you would want a old gorilla than a badass doll that can shoot rockets and laser out of his hands,but it's your opinion.:ohwell:
Uhhh....

He's owned by Square Enix. He is a Third Party character. The fact that he's from the Mario series is irrelevant. Nintendo does not own the rights to Geno.

It's not about what he represents, it's about the fact that they'd have to get the rights to use him, which wouldn't be worth it since he's not an important character.

As for Cranky, it has nothing to do with them as characters; Nintendo owns the rights to Cranky Kong. He still appears in games, and is important to the DK series.

Nintendo does not own Geno, he's only been in two games, and has only had an important role in one. He is not important to the Mario series.

They won't even use Geno in other Mario games. Him being chosen to represent the Mario series would be utterly nonsensical when they have plenty of other characters left to choose from who still appear in games and wouldn't require permission from Square.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Uhhh....

He's owned by Square Enix. He is a Third Party character. The fact that he's from the Mario series is irrelevant. Nintendo does not own the rights to Geno.

It's not about what he represents, it's about the fact that they'd have to get the rights to use him, which wouldn't be worth it since he's not an important character.

As for Cranky, it has nothing to do with them as characters; Nintendo owns the rights to Cranky Kong. He still appears in games, and is important to the DK series.

Nintendo does not own Geno, he's only been in two games, and has only had an important role in one. He is not important to the Mario series.

They won't even use Geno in other Mario games. Him being chosen to represent the Mario series would be utterly nonsensical when they have plenty of other characters left to choose from who still appear in games and wouldn't require permission from Square.
Alphadream are going to use him in future games, Also geno can represent the Mario RPGs seires since SMRPG started all, Even if he is not owned by Nintendo he is still a part of them since he never leaved Nintendo consoles or appear in other game beside Mario seires and getting the right to him would be easier than other square Enix characters since Nintendo owns half SMRPG stuff and if Geno was in smash since brawl we would have been getting SMRPG true squel already and Geno and mallow would have a future and appear In a lot of games just like pit after brawl putting him in smash would fix the copyright issue and SMRPG is already important in Nintendo history and unlike the other 3rd party Geno was the only one that made huge adventure with nintendos mascot other 3rd party just played sport and kart

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Alphadream are going to use him in future games,
I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Also geno can represent the Mario RPGs seires since SMRPG started all,
Paper Mario is currently a more popular request. Proof of this is in that poll you tried to use as proof of his popularity back when we debated this in the Nintenzone topic.

Even if he is not owned by Nintendo he is still a part of them since he never leaved Nintendo consoles or appear in other game beside Mario seires and getting the right to him would be easier than other square Enix characters since Nintendo owns half SMRPG stuff and if Geno was in smash since brawl we would have been getting SMRPG true squel already and Geno and mallow would have a future and appear In a lot of games just like pit after brawl putting him in smash would fix the copyright issue and SMRPG is already important in Nintendo history
That's a whole lot of conjecture.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Paper Mario is currently a more popular request. Proof of this is in that poll you tried to use as proof of his popularity back when we debated this in the Nintenzone topic.

That's a whole lot of conjecture.
More popular request or not I still can't see someone from other Mario RPGs seires comes before a SMRPG character because it was more important in Nintendo history we should thank SMRPG seires before other 2 Mario RPGs seires because they are just a spiritual successor adding paper Mario before Geno would be like adding Yooka before banjo

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
More popular request or not I still can't see someone from other Mario RPGs seires comes before a SMRPG character because it was more important in Nintendo history
If seniority was a factor, Daisy would've gotten into Smash before Rosalina.

I'd say Paper Mario's superior sales, better popularity in newcomer polls, and Nintendo ownership would prioritize him. Your perception of SMRPG's importance to Nintendo isn't really enough to combat its obscurity and third party hurdles.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If seniority was a factor, Daisy would've gotten into Smash before Rosalina.

I'd say Paper Mario's superior sales, better popularity in newcomer polls, and Nintendo ownership would prioritize him. Your perception of SMRPG's importance to Nintendo isn't really enough to combat its obscurity and third party hurdles.
We can't say more popularity in the polls because we still don't have the real answer wich is the official ballout
Forgotten or not It's still not impossible SSB is the place where the character and the seires become highly popular

Last edited:

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Goku is in some ways a more likely addition to Smash 4 than Geno. Goku has been featured in more than thirty games on Nintendo consoles, and is from the anime that helped introduce the most of the world to anime as a medium. Akira Toriyama is also the artist for the Dragon Quest series, which shaped RPGs long before Super Mario RPG or Geno had even been a dream of a little Japanese kid.
Goku also has been featured in many fighting titles already, which gives solid basis for a moveset, not to mention the fact that his primary reason for existence is to fight people.
Also, I could guarantee you more people would recognize Goku than would recognize Geno, if that's a considerable factor.

In fact, just name a reason Geno should be in Smash and I'm almost sure Goku will beat him at it.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Burb you're getting a bit silly in how you choose your arguments.

Does Nintendo own Mega Man? Did they own Snake? Sonic? Ryu?

Do they now own any of those?

It doesn't matter who the rights belong to, money talks and so does publicity. And any smart company will take that free money and free publicity especially since they know their character will be in good hands.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Goku is in some ways a more likely addition to Smash 4 than Geno. Goku has been featured in more than thirty games on Nintendo consoles, and is from the anime that helped introduce the most of the world to anime as a medium. Akira Toriyama is also the artist for the Dragon Quest series, which shaped RPGs long before Super Mario RPG or Geno had even been a dream of a little Japanese kid.
Goku also has been featured in many fighting titles already, which gives solid basis for a moveset, not to mention the fact that his primary reason for existence is to fight people.
Also, I could guarantee you more people would recognize Goku than would recognize Geno, if that's a considerable factor.

In fact, just name a reason Geno should be in Smash and I'm almost sure Goku will beat him at it.

Goku doesnt follow sakurai rule for the character who has chance even sakurai himself made a joke about him with spongebob

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Goku doesnt follow sakurai rule for the character who has chance even sakurai himself made a joke about him with spongebob
Sorry, I swear I'm not flaming but I'm legitimately wondering if you could link me to the video, because I can't seem to find it.
also guys idk if you knew this but Alena from Dragon Quest IV has been in more games on nintendo consoles than Geno, and like I said already DQ set the groundwork for RPGs in a lot of ways

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Sorry, I swear I'm not flaming but I'm legitimately wondering if you could link me to the video, because I can't seem to find it.
also guys idk if you knew this but Alena from Dragon Quest IV has been in more Nintendo games than Geno, and like I said already DQ set the groundwork for RPGs in a lot of ways
Once again you guys seem to have quite a subjective and illogical list of what the pre-reqs are to become a Smash character.....

How many Nintendo games has Shovel Knight been in?
And he's the current leader I believe

And Geno only being in one game actually makes people yearn to see him in another even more. The same is true of anything that is rare but in demand.

As long as a character is interesting and people see potential they will vote regardless or seniority, relevance, or obscurity.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Once again you guys seem to have quite a subjective and illogical list of what the pre-reqs are to become a Smash character.....

How many Nintendo games has Shovel Knight been in?
And he's the current leader I believe

And Geno only being in one game actually makes people yearn to see him in another even more. The same is true of anything that is rare but in demand.

As long as a character is interesting and people see potential they will vote regardless or seniority, relevance, or obscurity.
Alena has been in 3 games on Nintendo consoles, counting remakes (Dragon Warrior IV, Dragon Quest IV DS, and Fortune Street). Alena is about as popular in the Dragon Quest community as Geno is in the Mario community, if not more. Alena is an equivalent candidate, in most quantifiable ways, to Geno.
While my use of Goku as an example was kind of condescending, I don't think that Alena is quite an extreme example.
EDIT: Also, Alena is owned by Enix. It would be just as much a pain to get the rights for Alena as it would for Geno, most likely.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burb you're getting a bit silly in how you choose your arguments.

Does Nintendo own Mega Man? Did they own Snake? Sonic? Ryu?

Do they now own any of those?

It doesn't matter who the rights belong to, money talks and so does publicity. And any smart company will take that free money and free publicity especially since they know their character will be in good hands.
And you're getting a bit silly if you think Geno is on the level of any of the characters you mentioned.

If you think what I meant was "Third party characters cannot be used", you clearly have no idea what I meant.

My point is that Square Enix has dozens upon dozens of its own characters that are more recognizable and marketable than Geno (who appeals only to a niche crowd). Characters Square would likely want featured over Geno (who Square wouldn't even put in the Mario games they've made in the past 10+ years).

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
My point is that Square Enix has dozens upon dozens of its own characters that are more recognizable and marketable than Geno (who appeals only to a niche crowd). Characters Square would likely want featured over Geno (who Square wouldn't even put in the Mario games they've made in the past 10+ years).
Alena, perhaps?
She'll be the Tsarevna of Smash!

i'm not giving this thing up

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
And you're getting a bit silly if you think Geno is on the level of any of the characters you mentioned.

If you think what I meant was "Third party characters cannot be used", you clearly have no idea what I meant.

Still most smash fanbase care about Geno more than any other square Enix characters I rarely see someone who ask for a FF or DQ character and also remember we can get more than 1 character from a company, if square Enix does listen to what smash fanbase mostly wants from them then they are going to put Geno not to mention bringing a forgotten character back to life again after 19 years of disappearing would be amaizing and mindblowing for many people, other square Enix won't bring the same hype as Geno (exept cloud and crono)
most DQ and FF fans doesn't really care if their character get in or not so square Enix should give people what they asked for in smash since melee you don't see this kind of character everyday

Last edited:

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
most DQ and FF fans doesn't really care if their character get in or not so square Enix should give people what they asked for in smash since melee you don't see this kind of character everyday
Woah! I'm not incredibly certain of that. I'm entirely sure that I'm not the only person who would love to see a Dragon Quest character in Smash. Slime, I'd imagine, is a popular choice. although Alena is much better

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Still most smash fanbase care about Geno more than any other square Enix characters I rarely see someone who ask for a FF or DQ character and also remember we can get more than 1 character from a company, if square Enix does listen to what smash fanbase mostly wants from them then they are going to put Geno not to mention bringing a forgotten character back to life again after 19 years of disappearing would be amaizing and mindblowing for many people, other square Enix won't bring the same hype as Geno (exept cloud and crono)
People have been asking for Ridley since Melee, and they still are asking for him. King K. Rool's been a popular request since Brawl was being hyped up. Hell, even Krystal's been getting requests since Brawl and even now she's popular. Geno's huge popularity died out when Brawl released and hasn't recovered since.

As for SE characters, I imagine they'd promote a game that's not 19 years dead in the water. :p So Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy would be well over SMRPG.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
People have been asking for Ridley since Melee, and they still are asking for him. King K. Rool's been a popular request since Brawl was being hyped up. Hell, even Krystal's been getting requests since Brawl and even now she's popular. Geno's huge popularity died out when Brawl released and hasn't recovered since.

As for SE characters, I imagine they'd promote a game that's not 19 years dead in the water. :p So Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy would be well over SMRPG.
You are just on smashboards you didn't see the whole Geno fanbase here like it was in brawl most of them are on different sites now and you can found them easily voting for him and that's include tumblr and YouTube and deivenart they are more fans there than here what you see now

That's just your opinion but if square Enix wants to listen to the smash fans what they mostly wants from them and wants more money they would choose Geno and we all know square Enix loves money and remember we can get more than 1 character from a company too

Last edited:

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. So much. I haven't heard someone talk about SMRPG in a context other than a childhood memory in forever.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You are just on smashboards you didn't see the whole Geno fanbase here like it was in brawl most of them are on different sites now and you can found them easily voting for him and that's include tumblr and YouTube and deivenart they are more fans there than here what you see now

That's just your opinion but if square Enix wants to listen to the smash fans what they mostly wants from them and wants more money they would choose Geno and we all know square Enix loves money and remember we can get more than 1 character from a company too
Square Enix loving money would mean they'd go with a marketable character.

The Geno fanbase (which, contrary to your claims, is in fact much smaller than it was pre-Brawl. You are literally the only person I've ever heard insist it's as big as ever.) is not as large as the fanbase for games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. The hardcore Smash community does not make up the entirety of Smash's audience. Casual gamers don't know who Geno is.

I've brought this up in every Geno debate we've had: Square has made at least three Mario games since SMRPG (Hoops 3-on-3, Sports Mix, and Fortune Street). Geno is not in any of them. Characters from Final Fantasy and/or Dragon Quest are in all of them. The only reference of any kind to SMRPG is a single piece of music.

No, "its cuz they wouldnt waste Geno's return on a sportz game!" is not a valid excuse. Fact is, Square had the perfect opportunity to re-introduce Geno, and opted to use FF/DQ characters instead. Their own Mario character failed to return in three Mario games. There is absolutely no reason to believe they wouldn't do the same in a massive crossover game like Smash.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Square Enix loving money would mean they'd go with a marketable character.

The Geno fanbase (which, contrary to your claims, is in fact much smaller than it was pre-Brawl. You are literally the only person I've ever heard insist it's as big as ever.) is not as large as the fanbase for games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. The hardcore Smash community does not make up the entirety of Smash's audience. Casual gamers don't know who Geno is.

I've brought this up in every Geno debate we've had: Square has made at least three Mario games since SMRPG (Hoops 3-on-3, Sports Mix, and Fortune Street). Geno is not in any of them. Characters from Final Fantasy and/or Dragon Quest are in all of them. The only reference of any kind to SMRPG is a single piece of music.

No, "its cuz they wouldnt waste Geno's return on a sportz game!" is not a valid excuse. Fact is, Square had the perfect opportunity to re-introduce Geno, and opted to use FF/DQ characters instead. Their own Mario character failed to return in three Mario games. There is absolutely no reason to believe they wouldn't do the same in a massive crossover game like Smash.
I know it's not big as final fantasy and kingdom hearts but it's still big

It is, square Enix doesn't like to bring a forgotten character that disappeared after 19 years in a sport game, that would be like putting Crono in sport game after 20 years of disappearing and the fans has been asking for remake it would bring a lot of dissapointment because this is not the way that square Enix wants to use a forgotten character again, fighting game or a remake/squel of the game is better way to revive a forgotten character because it shows how the character shine again and make a lot of fans happy

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I know it's not big as final fantasy and kingdom hearts but it's still big

It is, square Enix doesn't like to bring a forgotten character that disappeared after 19 years in a sport game, that would be like putting Crono in sport game after 20 years of disappearing and the fans has been asking for remake it would bring a lot of dissapointment because this is not the way that square Enix wants to use a forgotten character again, fighting game or a remake/squel of the game is better way to revive a forgotten character because it shows how the character shine again and make a lot of fans happy
Considering that his only appearance in the past 19 years has been to give a mini-game tutorial in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, I'd say being playable in a sports or board game would be a step up.

I don't get the logic that his return is such a big deal that it absolutely must be done in a game like Smash. He already has returned, and it was in the most minuscule role imaginable.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Also, if Geno were such a popular character to have rivaled the likes of Waluigi and Daisy, you'd think they've have made him something of a mainstay in spinoffs at some point since then. Geno is overall a character that contributes less to the Mario universe than Waluigi, who at least got a starring role as the main antagonist of a game.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Considering that his only appearance in the past 19 years has been to give a mini-game tutorial in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, I'd say being playable in a sports or board game would be a step up.

I don't get the logic that his return is such a big deal that it absolutely must be done in a game like Smash. He already has returned, and it was in the most minuscule role imaginable.
That Cameo wasn't real appearence in fact it wasn't the star spirit himself it was just a robot

Square Enix cares about the way they show a forgotten character again in a perfect way look at dissidia for example they did bring all the forgotten FF main characters and main villain in a fighting game in a way to show them really shine again I am sure square Enix won't bring Geno back in a sport game
Also, if Geno were such a popular character to have rivaled the likes of Waluigi and Daisy, you'd think they've have made him something of a mainstay in spinoffs at some point since then. Geno is overall a character that contributes less to the Mario universe than Waluigi, who at least got a starring role as the main antagonist of a game.
He disappeared because of the copyright issue also Geno can represent the Mario RPGs seires since SMRPG started all

Last edited:
Top Bottom