• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name a game that never gets old no matter how many times you play it.

TheDeathChicken

Smash Rookie
NNID
thedeathchicken
TF2. I fricking love TF2. I love the community, I love the economy, and above all else I love the gameplay. All the classes are so funny and cool, the shooting and mobility are so fluid. The only reason I recently left TF2 was because I wanted to focus on Smash more. I love TF2 and always will. It's just such an amazing game.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Super Smash Bros. all
Mario Galaxy 1-2
Every Fire Emblem game
The World Ends With You

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Ace Attorney. Which is weird because it's a mystery-based visual novel. And yet I've played the series 3 times now. Oh and MOTHER 3.

Matthew "Demo" Rak

Bad at Smash
Slippi.gg
Demo#0
For me, it's Super Mario RPG for the SNES.

I've probably played it once a year for the past ~17 years. Such a fascinating story and even though it's turn-based, the timing in the battle systems keeps it from being slow.

And of course, the melee.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Huuuummm...

Pokemon Gold and Silver - (Just listening to the music is pure bliss to me.)

The Pikmin series - (I was unsure about 3 as I had quite a lot of hype for it on the run up to its release and it didn't wow me right off the bat, but I've been playing it again for the last couple of days and I am loving it!)

Wind Waker - Even though I have completed every aspect of it by now (yeah even the figurine collection), I still get hankerings to play it again. Makes me so heppy!

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - I still think this game has some of the best story twists and turns in any videogame ever.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
For me, games grow old when you don't have any friends to regularly enjoy them with.
For that reason, I can't list a game that doesn't grow old because I'm used to playing video games alone.

Taunt

Smash Rookie
The Borderlands series! I've replayed it a million times and still can not get bored.
Another series is Pokemon.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Castle crashers, Battleblock theater, Ace attorney: Dual Destinies, Paper mario ttyd, Mario and luigi partners in time, super mario galaxy, and super mario 64

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Dark Souls (Entire Franchise) - Probably my favorite franchise. Great combat, amazing story, and so many different options just keep making me replay the games.

Cave Story - One of the best indie games ever in my eyes. An amazing story, fun platforming and fighting, and tons of challenges you can do for yourself. Speedrunning this is also really fun.

Town of Salem - It's mafia, put in a browser. Still one of the best deception games ever, and it's free to boot. Seriously, give this a try if you like mafia at all. (Although I might be biased here because I do mod /r/townofsalemgame)

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - One of the most played games for me in recent times. The game requires a ton of skill to get good at, and for someone like me who likes to improve, this is great. I like how the game pretty much says "5 people on each team, this team attacks, this team defends, here's the timer, go." It throws you in quickly round after round, without it being dull in any way since you can play it differently each time. Currently sitting around SEM with 96~ wins.

Other things to mention: Smash, TF2, Ace Attorney franchise, Risk of Rain, Nuclear Throne, Crypt of the NecroDancer, Borderlands 2, Terraria, Realm of the Mad God.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong Country (1, 2, 3)
Mario Kart DS
Sonic Colors
Sonic 1, 2, 3 (& Knuckles)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario 64

Although most of them are platformers, I have some more, but they'll probably get their chance another day.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Kirby's Dream Course - It just gives me this happy feeling, love the sound design
Bionic Commando on the original Game Boy - infinitely repayable, more solid than the NES version
Skyrim and Fallout 3 - As long as you have a great imagination the replay value is endless, great exploits as well in both
Diablo 2

Last edited:

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I'm gonna have to go with Half-Life 2, Castlevania, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Kirby Super Star.

And Smash Brothers, of course.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Conker's Bad Fur Day (goat)
Smash 64
Smash 4
Megaman Starforce 2
Pokémon (Emerald about 600h, Platinum close to 800h, mostly just breeding and EV training boxes of lvl 100s for competitive purposes, with the occasional HGSS/Platinum new games to get TMs and unique items)

There are others, but these are those I played the most and continue playing frequently.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Any Mario Kart (except the original and the GBA)
Megaman classic
Pokemon Diamond
Super Mario 64
LoZ: A Link Between Worlds

Gutei

Smash Cadet
DOOM and Quake. Mostly Doom. Want mindless action? DOOM. Challenge? DOOM and Quake on Nightmare. Want something new? Brutal DOOM and community content. Makes it totally fresh. Played it since I was 2 or 3.

Obligatory Ocarina of Time, but it was my first N64 game and I have 6 copies of it on various mediums for a reason.

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. Such a time waster.

And I will always go back to the sniper levels in Modern Warfare, for some reason. Just those two. Hate everything after MW3 and really only enjoy COD 2 and MW, but those two levels were the epitome of fun and tension in one.

meebius

Smash Apprentice
The Binding of Isaac
Pokemon Emerald
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Pokemon
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
The Mario and Luigi games
Sonic Generations
Mega Man X
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Balloon Fight
Super Smash Bros. (the entire series <3)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
The Legend of Zelda : A Link To the Past.

Been playing it since I was 4 years old. 23 years later, still playing it. Probably have over 500 000 hours clocked. Addicted to this game.

Cursetyl

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cursetyl
Not counting all the smash games, its:
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Star Fox 64
Halo CE
Fallout New Vegas
Devil May Cry 3 and 4
Hotline Miami
Tetris
Mario 64
Yakuza 4
Counter Strike

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Metroid Primes
Animal Crossing
Castlevania SotN
Super Mario World
Adventures of Lolo
Puyo Pop
Smash games
Iggy's Reckin Balls
Bomberman 64
Etc.

Little Dipper

Smash Rookie
All the Smash games
All the Street Fighter games(especially Third Strike)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
All the Ace Attorney games
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Yoshi's Island

milk.

Smash Rookie
N64 games
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
TLoZ: OoT/MM/TP and the original
Pokemon Crystal version and its predecessors

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
TLoZ: A Link to the Past
TLoZ: Link's Awakening
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Smash Bros. Melee

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Super Smash Bros. in general
Animal Crossing GCN
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Castlevania: SOTN

MagJamz

Smash Rookie
NNID
MagJamz
3DS FC
2122-6370-0967
Most of the Tales series
Sonic Adventure 2
Smash Bros.

AkumaKing

Smash Apprentice
The entire Smash Bros series, hence why I'm here. =S

In all seriousness, though, Doom never gets old for me. But that's probably more because of the modding community than anything else. Oh, also, Pokemon and Zelda. Not to mention the Mystery Dungeon games.

Top Bottom