• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Namco Character discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wow I had no idea Namco Bandai HAD 4 characters

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
4 Namco characters is not going to happen, but...
  • Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  • Lloyd (Tales)
  • Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur)
  • Heihachi (Tekken)

splat

Smash Lord
  • Pac-Man (Pac-Man series)
  • Mametchi (Tamagotchi series)
  • Taizo Hori (Dig-Dug series)
  • Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur), I guess

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If I absolutely HAD to choose:

Pac-Man
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Ryu?

volbound1700

Smash Master
4 characters I had to choose in order:

1. Pac-Man
2. Digdug
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Blinkie

(I want to avoid characters from other fighting game).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't know that. Well you know what, skip the last one for me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ugh, 4 Namco characters.

1. Pac-Man
2. Lloyd
3. KOS-MOS
4. Klonoa

Not what's likely to happen (then again, getting four in the first place won't happen), but this would result in the least amount of complaining from me.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Lloyd (or other Tales representative, though Lloyd seems the most likely)
Taizo Hori (aka Dig Dug)
Baiten Kaitos rep (Interesting Nintendo-only series. I didn't enjoy playing it entirely, but it did have a great story twist.)
Klonoa (He'd fit in well.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I HAD to chose.
Pac-man(for obvious reasons)
Heihachi(Popular, moveset potential, fits in well with certain characters)
Lloyd(Same as Heihachi)
Klonoa(Fits in well with most characters)

@8-peacock-8, Pacman's new look is weird. Namely those eyes. But at least there's some kind of spiritual successor to Pac-Man world.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So that new Pac-man game seems to have some kind of connection to a new cartoon show they are making, it even has a toy line and junk. And powerups from the game are likely to come from different toys.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pretty much.
So do you think that the generic chomping sound in the trailer will stay? I kinda doubt it, but I've been wrong before. Besides you would think Namco would just use the "Wakka Wakka" sounds instead. Anyways the new game looks mildly interesting. I would've been more excited if Pac-man didn't look so....disturbing, and normally I find redesigns to be interesting and cool.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So do you think that the generic chomping sound in the trailer will stay? I kinda doubt it, but I've been wrong before. Besides you would think Namco would just use the "Wakka Wakka" sounds instead. Anyways the new game looks mildly interesting. I would've been more excited if Pac-man didn't look so....disturbing, and normally I find redesigns to be interesting and cool.
I love how the new design is going to be used in a kids cartoon. Anyway, the sounds need to be changed to the 8-bit sounds that Pac-Man uses in nearly every game he's in.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
*I* want them to give cartoon Pac-man an awful catchphrase that has "wakka" in it.

"Oh no! Pac-man, the kingdom is under attack by ghosts!"
"Wakka-wakka-WHAT?!"

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Who did say Mappy?

While I think it woold not be a bad idea at all, he's not enough popular be taken seriously in consideration. Unless Sakurai really like this rodent like he likes the Ice Climbers.

TheBluAssassin

Smash Apprentice
I think Pac-Man, out of any Namco character, is by far the most likely to get in. I mean, he's the freaking mascot, nay, the face of Namco. There is absolutely no way he's not getting in. Ms. Pac-Man is also a likely choice, though she'll probably be a clone character. I think we may also see some Soul Calibur and Tekken characters, since they're already fighting game veterans and Namco really wouldn't have to create an all new moveset for them. I'd also love to see some of the lesser known characters get in, like Dig Dug. Also, we may see some characters from the Tales series. Finally, I think some Xenoblade characters may get in considering Xenoblade Chronicles was a popular and critically acclaimed game that was recently released for the Wii.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Pac-Man, out of any Namco character, is by far the most likely to get in. I mean, he's the freaking mascot, nay, the face of Namco. There is absolutely no way he's not getting in. Ms. Pac-Man is also a likely choice, though she'll probably be a clone character. I think we may also see some Soul Calibur and Tekken characters, since they're already fighting game veterans and Namco really wouldn't have to create an all new moveset for them. I'd also love to see some of the lesser known characters get in, like Dig Dug. Also, we may see some characters from the Tales series. Finally, I think some Xenoblade characters may get in considering Xenoblade Chronicles was a popular and critically acclaimed game that was recently released for the Wii.
Xenoblade is owned by Nintendo.

Namco does not own it.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd be fine with, in order:

-Pac-Man
-Lloyd Irving
-Dig Dug
-Klonoa

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If it's Pac-Man I'll be unsurprised but fine with it.

If it's Klonoa I'll be shocked and happy.

If it's Lloyd I'll be indifferent but kinda surprised.

If it's a Soul Calibur/Tekken/Digimon character something has gone terribly terribly horribly wrong.

(Unless said Digimon is Etemon. With a Gazimon troop. Then it's awesome.)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I would expect pac man but I would find a tekken or soul calibur rep far more interesting.

I didn't realize pacman had a new game coming out. At least that will help his moveset be more than just chomping.

Really though the idea of a namco rep doesn't set my world alight. I think my overall preference would be Klonoa, mainly because he looks like a smash fit who isn't pac man.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Pac Man with limbs is bad. Pac Man without limbs has no moveset potential. Thus it follows that Pac Man is a bad choice.
SC/Tekken won't make it in because Sakurai is opposed to the inclusion of fighting game characters.
Digimon is from the Bandai side when it's Namco who's involved, making its inclusion unlikely at best.

So, Lloyd or Klonoa I guess. I'd be happy with either but the former more so.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Bring back this thread from purgatory... Resurrection!!

Looks like we definitely are getting some Namco Bandai representation after all. Those capturing enemies from Galaga will appear as either items or Assist Trophies.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/13729380913/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/13729381833/

With this, maybe we will end up with a playable character after all. Though, it is probably best not to become too hopeful.

Anyhow, like I have said several times before, if we did get a playable Namco Bandai character for Smash 4, I would want it to be Cless Alvein from Tales of Phantasia. I would rather have Pac-Man as an Assist Trophy, and with his retro look.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pac-Man is all but confirmed at this point... we have Namco content in Smash now... and they are from the arcade era... the Golden Age of Video Games... where Pac-Man originated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom