• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair help

dankblak3

Smash Cadet
so i've been practicing combos on lvl 1 marths and have no problem chaining multiple u airs

together and finishing with a knee. its only when i try to incorporate nair that i totally messup

my combo. it seems like nair doesnt knock marth high enough to follow up with another nair. I

dont think that im missing the l cancel because i can cancel just about everything consistently.

I hear about people doing things like "triple nair > knee" and im wondering just how exactly im

messing it up. help?

m&m1992

Smash Cadet
nair combos are very difficult
in the most cases it can only work, when your opponent DIs in your direction.
lvl 1 computers don´t do that
try against lvl 9 they always DIs in your direction, but marth lvl 9 is realy gay ^^
it´s much easier to do it against human players.

legion598

Smash Ace
u can do it to a marth that doesnt DI at all or DI toward u. but if they DI up which is what LV 9 marth does they go too high to follow with Nair. Just practice it against an inactive controller. The key to Nair to Nair is to not do a full dash before SHing u have to SH Nair immediately after starting the dash and then DI back

Pilot

Smash Rookie
I was having trouble with this also, mainly because I was fastfalling the nair and only hitting with the first kick which doesn't yield enough knockback to continue a combo. Idk if this is necessarily your problem but if so try not FF'ing the nair while being as close as possible so a follow-up is easier. And of course be careful of dashing before the next SH nair as to not over jump your opponent.

Thinking of that...does anyone else do a normal SH w/o a FF to nair?...or is it just me?

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
It's possible to fast fall and get both hits in, you just have to wait longer before fast falling than you would for any of CF's other aerials. I usually don't, though. I don't know if it makes a huge difference (but then I don't fast fall Fox's nair either so...yeah).

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
You are not being fast enough. You want to sh and nair as fast as you can and then fastfall so that you land just as the 2nd foot connects.

Good drill to practice nairing that Scar told me was go to training mode, choose your opponent to be Link. Set damage to 20%, open with a Raptor Boost (side B) and try to nair link across the stage.

Top Bottom