• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

n-air is beastly

legion598

Smash Ace
mkay so n-air is amazing cuz it auto-cancels and it has more forward range then the knee does descent damage and its an amazing set up for knees just n-air>fastfall>land>jump>knee also down throw>n-air is great. So basically try to use the n-air way more then the knee since its a better option and it leads into knees anyway.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
nair is a safer approach in most cases then uair speaking from a dashing perspective. You can follow it up with a grab or another nair or something, where as if you hit with uair depending on the percent you might be able to follow up with something. uair is better but not for most approaches.

Smash Apprentice
I also used this a lot lately and I gotta admit that it's a good way to follow up d-throw if enemy isn't DIing the right way. Still it ain't a real combo into knee.
It's very good vs. characters with bad recovery (such as link), just D-throw from the edge, Nair and Uair and they won't be able to get back if you edgehog them properly.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Like stated before, Uair>Nair
Nair has very little priority..

Mikhal

Smash Rookie
At least against Ganon, it is possible to juggle him at lower percents with the nair. I managed to juggle him from the center of FD to the edge. Couldn't tell if he was DIing properly, but it didn't seem like he could get out of it until I ran out of stage to run on.

wangston

Smash Lord
Nair is a fair move, it's nothing special it's just fair. The problem is Falcon's SH is to high or the characters are too short. So I hardly hit people with the first hit usually the 2nd but that leads into a jab then a grab. I use uair much more than I use nair. Uair has better range and priority.

legion598

Smash Ace
yes u-air is good but the thing about n-air is it basically keeps the opponent in the air so u can land get ur jumps back and then go back up for u-air or knees but i find that its better out of down throws then u-air is and it punishes air dodges

Roager

Smash Ace
Yes... In melee. Nair doesnt even hit with both hits half the time, has no priority or range, and doesnt set up for anything.
It doesn't have to hit twice to be good. I mean, either you use nair to hit with the first kick, and lead into jabs/grabs, or you hit with the second, letting you have a little downtime, or try to follow with a uair or knee or something. Sure, uair is better than nair usually. But nair has its place. Dont discredit it.

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
on tall characters, N-air is great. but short characters, it can be a problem. i usually N-air, fast fall, N-air, fast fall, while moving towards the enemy.

Roager

Smash Ace
Brownpack's right, Nair is better for the big targets. Squirtle, Pika, and the like are a lot harder to hit with Nair. But against, say, Bowser, nair is ****.

peeeetah

Smash Cadet
its a good anti air attack too. nair when they shorthop at you and both hits will connect.

Mit

Smash Ace
I also only get this off on tall or big characters. The move's priority is just too bad, and it isn't even worth trying to get the 10% it does with both hits. Whenever I play this guy I know who's really good, and I use nair (he's usually using Yoshi or Mario), I always just get punished with some move with higher priority. If you don't hit with it immediately, it's almost like you're just a sitting duck in the air.

I usually only use it to space attacking opponents, since his limbs are pretty long compared to people like Mario. If I space out one of Mario's air moves there's a chance I could be in range for a nair (although uair is usually a better choice).

Top Bottom