• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'll be honest with you. None of those excited the slightest.. like, at all. If not negatively.
All I ever wanted are Mega Man and Goemon. Nothing more, nothing less.
Well, I respect your opinion.

I've waited 17 to 18 years since Melee to get :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie:. Hopefully I don't have to wait another decade for Goemon.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I can live with SNK. Still want Goemon as Fighter number 5.
But I hope it is Terry Board. With a Mai spirit.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, I respect your opinion.

I've waited 17 to 18 years since Melee to get :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie:. Hopefully I don't have to wait another decade for Goemon.
Thanks. Mutual.
But I have to ask, since Melee? wasn't Ridley already a boss.. I mean you wanted him as a playable since then?
I wanted Mega Man since then, and Goemon. But thought it's a Nintendo game and it wasn't possible.. until Sonic. Which was a shocker to me as I always thought that mega Man was more iconic. And then came the hard part, my real impossible wish, Goemon. It was hard to ask for because of how he lacked many games in the west compared to japan.. and to Mega Man, Sonic.. and all the new 3rd party fighters. Then came Simon, which was a shocker too, because Goemon was more famous (not in the west, and lacked new games and proper care from Konami at that time). Then came Banjo, and I mean, ok I played the game, I love it (both), I liked the characters.. but not even close to Goemon. I've been like.. come on.
Ah, oh well, I've trying so hard for so long.. I want him in this Smash.
I can live with SNK. Still want Goemon as Fighter number 5.
But I hope it is Terry Board. With a Mai spirit.
I hope Ryu is not the 5th.
Honestly, I'm not looking for fighters from SNK, but most probably that's what will happen. It's Samurai Showdown, and mostly Haomaru.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thanks. Mutual.
But I have to ask, since Melee? wasn't Ridley already a boss.. I mean you wanted him as a playable since then?
I wanted Mega Man since then, and Goemon. But thought it's a Nintendo game and it wasn't possible.. until Sonic. Which was a shocker to me as I always thought that mega Man was more iconic. And then came the hard part, my real impossible wish, Goemon. It was hard to ask for because of how he lacked many games in the west compared to japan.. and to Mega Man, Sonic.. and all the new 3rd party fighters. Then came Simon, which was a shocker too, because Goemon was more famous (not in the west, and lacked new games and proper care from Konami at that time). Then came Banjo, and I mean, ok I played the game, I love it (both), I liked the characters.. but not even close to Goemon. I've been like.. come on.
Ah, oh well, I've trying so hard for so long.. I want him in this Smash.
Ridley was a boss in Brawl not Melee. K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie were both on the edge of disappearing forever and I love them both as I grew up with the Rare games so I didn't wanted to see them be forgotten.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ridley was a boss in Brawl not Melee. K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie were both on the edge of disappearing forever and I love them both as I grew up with the Rare games so I didn't wanted to see them be forgotten.
Oh! I mixed the intro footage with Brawl, my bad.
I guess you know how I feel about Goemon then. There're many characters I love that have faded, I didn't want that for the last two. Thankfully, Mega Man was saved by fans in 11 (and Smash of course), and I'm fighting for Goemon, which personally I think the greatest gaming character ever.. and I played a LOT of games.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh! I mixed the intro footage with Brawl, my bad.
I guess you know how I feel about Goemon then. There're many characters I love that have faded, I didn't want that for the last two. Thankfully, Mega Man was saved by fans in 11 (and Smash of course), and I'm fighting for Goemon, which personally I think the greatest gaming character ever.. and I played a LOT of games.
The Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series must live! Goemon must live! We got to be strong and keep fighting until we get our boi in Smash or another Goemon game.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series must live! Goemon must live! We got to be strong and keep fighting until we get our boi in Smash or another Goemon game.
We're working on both fronts. I think achieving a new game is within grasps.. but in Smash, all we need is a louder base, west side, that's all.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Unrelated, but continuing my last post just in case..

EDgaKD_UcAAK9yY.jpg
Ponytail, female and with a flying pet weapon. (this is a new art)
This is a better call for Goemon fans than Terry Bogard.

Oh and a Direct's coming up tomorrow.. brace yourselves

EDIT: That female ponytail.. could it be, female Terry?
Oh please no..

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I am not sure I buy the female projectile rumor. If it is SNK, it has to be Terry.
As for person 5. Not many rumors I know of that even suggested SNK.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not sure about that as the majority of Goemon's games have been on Nintendo consoles.
Also, um, PSASBR actually had some really questionable roster choices overall. To monkey paw levels in regards to particular ones.

I mean, why settle for less? The actual course of action is a big fan campaign like the Geno and Isaac people do. At least for a Goemon collection, or something, just look at how Square-Enix are willing to translate SNES-era games.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I am not sure I buy the female projectile rumor. If it is SNK, it has to be Terry.
As for person 5. Not many rumors I know of that even suggested SNK.
Who's person 5?
Well, we're hours away from knowing.
And just saying, I love SNK, but I want none of their fighters in. It's not their game. Personally, I think Smash is loosing its uniqueness with these inclusions.

I'm not sure about that as the majority of Goemon's games have been on Nintendo consoles.
Am I not allowed to dream?
Seriously though, who cares? If Nintendo's not giving me my Goemon, I'm asking Sony.

Also, um, PSASBR actually had some really questionable roster choices overall. To monkey paw levels in regards to particular ones.

I mean, why settle for less? The actual course of action is a big fan campaign like the Geno and Isaac people do. At least for a Goemon collection, or something, just look at how Square-Enix are willing to translate SNES-era games.
Exactly, why settle for less? I want the collection AND to be in a fighting game :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Last character in the Season Pass.

But doesn't Nintendo of Japan kind of give the Japanese fans VC goodness?
Yeah I realized it's DLC 5 later. I wish, but with these awful choices where does Goemon stand. Who even asked for an SNK fighter? Nothing is truely fan request.
Joker; Nintendo: suddenly Sakurai likes the games, says it's his favorite. Truth: pulling ground off Sony.
Hero; Nintendo: It's a legendary game, we like the menu system. Truth: pulling ground off Sony.
Banjo; Nintendo: We bring your most requested. Truth: wasn't THAT requested and is to cement relations with MS against Sony. Luckily for B&K fans, MS actually listens.

So yeah, Goemon should undress for this one.

NoJ provided "some". 3x SFC, 2x FC and 2x GB titles, Not bad, but not complete.
Sony did provide 2 titles on PSN btw. So in comparision, Sony did better.

Edit: Oh and I'll keep this one here.. hehe
EDZvANtU8AA07eU.jpg

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I really hope it is Terry (and goemon is number 5), but I also want his Mark of the wolves costume as an alt. That costume was dope.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Smash Audience: GO-E-MON!!! GO-E-MON!!! GO-E-MON!!!

That's the words I would love to hear in the game within the next few months.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
MORE DLC FIGHTERS CONFIRMED
HOPE RESTORED
You guys have only yourselves to blame if you don't push for Goemon harder now. YOU AIN'T GETTING A BETTER CHANCE. BUG SAKURAI AND NINTENDO.. STARTING TODAY. PUT YOUR BEST EFFORT.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Hooray!

I didn't know if Goemon ever stood a chance, but seeing him represented at all is an astounding achievement! It's great to see he made it in the nick of time!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hooray!

I didn't know if Goemon ever stood a chance, but seeing him represented at all is an astounding achievement! It's great to see he made it in the nick of time!
It is. It definitely is. I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or not.

Ok guys, make sure that Nintendo, Sakurai and Konami know you're thankful. This all what's left to be done for now.
More positivity bring us a new game, and ultimately Goemon in the next Smash :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I do want to note, that the Gomeon fight is not over. Like Megaman, K Rool and others. Just because you are a Mii fighter, it does not stop you from being a proper fighter. We need to push more than ever now. We have our foot in the door.

We need to get people to spend the dollar on that costume. the more who buy it, the more people will see Goemon is a thing

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
BOOOYA!
To everyone who doubted Goemon or thought he's too obscure to join.
Living since the 80's baby.. yeeeah.

I do want to note, that the Gomeon fight is not over. Like Megaman, K Rool and others. Just because you are a Mii fighter, it does not stop you from being a proper fighter. We need to push more than ever now. We have our foot in the door.

We need to get people to spend the dollar on that costume. the more who buy it, the more people will see Goemon is a thing
Ohh it's not over, it's definitely not. After doing our thanks, we push Konami for a new game, then we promote it for Konami like crazy.. we'll pave the road for Goemon to join the next Smash. We ain't satisfying with a costume, that's for sure.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I died inside. And I can't believe I've never posted here, seeing as Goemon has been my Top 10 for years now.

Pouring one out for the Chainpipe Boi.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I died inside. And I can't believe I've never posted here, seeing as Goemon has been my Top 10 for years now.

Pouring one out for the Chainpipe Boi.
Died of happiness or disappointment? I know it's hard, but let's enjoy this victory for now. You have no idea how hard it was to reach this point. Let's push even further. And here's for Marina too, one of my top wishes as well.. 64 pal ;)

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Died of happiness or disappointment? I know it's hard, but let's enjoy this victory for now. You have no idea how hard it was to reach this point. Let's push even further. And here's for Marina too, one of my top wishes as well.. 64 pal ;)
Disappy. Never knew Sakurai even cared, let alone knew about Mystical Ninja. And then out of nowhere "lol look Mii Goemon". Well, glad he got some attention either way. Hopefully someday we'll get to Impact the Roster.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Disappy. Never knew Sakurai even cared, let alone knew about Mystical Ninja. And then out of nowhere "lol look Mii Goemon". Well, glad he got some attention either way. Hopefully someday we'll get to Impact the Roster.

Oh we made sure he knew about it. He knows.. he gave a mild answer unfortunately, but we're thankful.
Hopefully next Smash, IF we work hard enough to convince Konami to release a collection, translate and make a new game. get to it guys.
Oh and that one, I know the account of who did that one.. the small text says " Why YOU.. Snake, Simon, Richter".. well, you got in Goemon, spiritually.

While we're at it.. here..
EDmUU7qWwAcY3ZC.jpg

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Since we're still in a shock..
Do you guys realize that's this is his first appearance since 2005!? It's been 14 years... think about it.
You'll be very grateful.. he's been pulled from the grave.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Amazing how the Goemon series gets referenced in Smash before the more popular Ninja Gaiden, despite Koei Tecmo being involved in Ultimate.

PS, I've always preferred the Goemon games over the NES Ninja Gaiden trilogy because in Goemon, we get to see much more Japanese culture while in the Ninja Gaiden NES games mainly takes place in plain ol' America.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Grats on the costume. Though that probably means he's not gonna be playable in Ultimate.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Congratulations on the costume. I really love it as it looks like the actual character. Love it more than Sans´ costume. Sad the actual Goemon did not appear but still it seems nice and you should be proud.

Top Bottom