• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I guess hope isn't entirely lost or anything, but I really don't think he'll be made into a full fighter at this point.
I agree. But the Mii costume gives me hope for the future though because now Goemon has his foot in Smash's door. :grin:

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
yay there. People do care.
They will as long as we do. And you wanna know something good? Young ones are starting to ask who Goemon is :) Why is he more hype than Sans!
So, let's make sure they get something to answer that.. in Smash, collection, new game.
KEEP PUSHING GUYS.. KEEP PUSHING.. don't give Konami a breather.

I was rooting for him to be playable. I always loved the Goemon games.
Its a shame the costume didn't at least come with a piece of music or something.

Its nice to see the series represented at least.

I guess hope isn't entirely lost or anything, but I really don't think he'll be made into a full fighter at this point.
Thank you for your support.
We'll hopefully get him in and with PLENTY of music. After all, music in Goemon games is a big part of its magic.
Could be not this round.. but, we're not giving up on that either. Maybe with an apparent demand he'll be playable.

You hear this guys, Fox had both, being playable AND a costume.. don't give up just yet.
I agree. But the Mii costume gives me hope for the future though because now Goemon has his foot in Smash's door. :grin:
A foot, a Kiseru and a whole Ebisumaru

One thing you guys should be really proud of.. Goemon Mii costume is THE ONLY PURE FAN REQUEST DLC put in Smash. Every other single DLC thing (including Sans) is a business or a profit call.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
And the series artist wanted to share this piece to commemorate the inclusion of Goemon in Smash :)
ED8biuUVUAAmMTR.png

Every version of Goemon.
To me that's a masterpiece.

Ethan Michael Crane

Smash Cadet
Quick question for Goemon fans:

What specials have you chosen for his Mii fighter? (EDIT)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

What specials have you chosen?
Neutral Special: Throwing Ryo

Side Special: Chain pipe

Down Special: Super Sayian Goemon

Recovery: Hmm... I really don't know lol! Wait, wait, I know! Flying up in the air with fans like in his revived animation.

Last edited:

Ethan Michael Crane

Smash Cadet
Neutral Special: Throwing Ryo

Side Special: Chain pipe

Down Special: Super Sayian Goemon

Recovery: Hmm... I really don't know lol! Wait, wait, I know! Flying up in the air with fans like in his death animation.
That's an awesome potential move set, but I meant his Mii move set. My apologies; I'll go back and edit my original post for clarity.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

Neutral B = Shuriken of Light
Side B = Airborne Assault
Up B = Skyward Slash Dash
Down B = Reversal Slash

Thought those four would be the moves closest to what his fighter could have had.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Although the Shuriken of Light is close to one of his move but I'd rather Blurring Blade. It's a much closer move, and it reflects his personality. so..

Neutral B = Blurring Blade
Side B = Chakram (as his coin toss and to balance things out)
Up B = Hero's Spin
Down B = Power Thrust

Both Up & Down B reflect his clobbering nature. Oh and Voice 3 Normal is the closest to his.
Man I wish he was playable, he has such a distinct voice.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One question, what was the song used when the Geomon Mii Fighter showed up and what particular game was it from?

Making a wiki trivia point.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Now that's dedicated, he even did the PS2 version.
He certainly is. I love young Goemon.. every Goemon :) He's the guy who designed Sasuke btw.
One question, what was the song used when the Geomon Mii Fighter showed up and what particular game was it from?

Making a wiki trivia point.
This is called "Goemon's Theme". It started in Stage 2 of Mr. Goemon (his first game [ 1986 Arcade]). The theme has many versions, and it was used in Wai Wai World (as drag0nscythe drag0nscythe has pointed). But if you want to be specific, the theme used in the trailer came from his first FC/NES game (which came after his Arcade one), called "Ganbare Goemon: Karakuri Douchuu", This one specifically..

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So, anyone here quick on video editing, capturing?
A Goemon task if anyone's interested.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While on the topic of songs, there are some songs in the Goemon games that sound very similar to other songs from bands or singers. Two I can think of are Run Faster from Ganbare Goemon 3 and Yae's theme from Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon:

Those songs sound exactly like Riding on the Wind from Judas Priest and Milking the Cow from Mouth Music. A friend of mine caught the Riding on the Wind similarity while some Youtuber in the comments section caught the Milking the Cow similarity.

Edit: Damn! My phone was acting up while I was typing this.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
While on the topic of songs, there are some songs in the Goemon games that sound very similar to other songs from bands or singers. Two I can think of are Run Faster from Ganbare Goemon 3 and Yae's theme from Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon:

Those songs sound exactly like Riding on the Wind from Judas Priest and Milking the Cow from Mouth Music. A friend of mine caught the Riding on the Wind similarity while some Youtuber in the comments section caught the Milking the Cow similarity.

Edit: Damn! My phone was acting up while I was typing this.
This is very interesting, I never got that similarity before. I'll say though, only Run Faster matches with Riding on the Wind. The Milking the Cow doesn't seem like Yae's theme to me.. it does feel like a Goemon music but I can't put my hand on it.. yet. I don't know.. Gourmet Sub Marine.. I'm not sure.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is very interesting, I never got that similarity before. I'll say though, only Run Faster matches with Riding on the Wind. The Milking the Cow doesn't seem like Yae's theme to me.. it does feel like a Goemon music but I can't put my hand on it.. yet. I don't know.. Gourmet Sub Marine.. I'm not sure.
I remember someone in the comments section for Gourmet Submarine saying that the song sounds like a Pervian/South American parade but I'm not exactly sure.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I remember someone in the comments section for Gourmet Submarine saying that the song sounds like a Pervian/South American parade but I'm not exactly sure.
I'm not either.

On another note, Guys, we need reaction videos, don't you think?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Only real reaction video of Goemon's Mii costume I can think of is papagenos papagenos . GoeGoe GoeGoe can you pop up any Japanese reactions on here please? I'm curious to see their reaction.
Nico Nico seems to be on maintenance. I had some gameplays but I'll look for reactions.
For now, this is my favorite..
The complete disbelief. I was in a similar position, I was as excited as I was disappointed.. (having him at all Vs. Him not being playable). It balanced out to a neutral feeling :) After cooling down, thinking about it turned great. Sure I want him playable but I'm definitely happy that he's in. No character had that.. ever. No character was pulled like this, it's amazing. Hopefully this will be the introduction step, use this rare chance.. if you're a true fan and want him back, make sure to make the most out of it.

Oh and if you have the time, give the guy some thumbs-up, he truly deserves it. One of the few Goemon reactions.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
R RetrogamerMax Oh do I have the thing for you (well and every Goemon fan). You just had to handle it to the musician..
Here you go, enjoy..

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also. Thank you papagenos papagenos for liking that post.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
goemonn styles.png

I tried to figure out what kinds of color schemes Goemon could have in Smash.

I went with
Classic
NES style
Yae
this one was originally supposed to be a Goku refernce since Goemon can go "Super Saiyen" but it endded up looking more like Naruto. I suppose it still works either way.
Just inverted colors here
Ebisumaru inspired
because Ninja are supposed to wear black
and completley over the top kabuki style

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
View attachment 237768

I tried to figure out what kinds of color schemes Goemon could have in Smash.

I went with
Classic
NES style
Yae
this one was originally supposed to be a Goku refernce since Goemon can go "Super Saiyen" but it endded up looking more like Naruto. I suppose it still works either way.
Just inverted colors here
Ebisumaru inspired
because Ninja are supposed to wear black
and completley over the top kabuki style
Love those, but here're some notes or corrections..
- The Super Sayian one is fine, could also go for the original color with the yellow hair or another shade of yellow costume.
- The inverted looks fine, but that's going to leave Sasuke out, and he's a fan favorite.
- Actually, Ninjas are supposed to wear Dark Blue not black.
love the kabuki idea :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wf-2019-Su...089855?hash=item3651b599bf:g:nmcAAOSw5N1dPbl4

I am just looking at Ebay for some Goemon Merch. I am like "*****, $2000. who has that kind of money for small plastic statues."
So, no I will not be adding that to my collection. no matter how cool it looks.
You can get those for quarter the price, but still, it's very expensive. That's $500!
Told you in an older post

The original price for each was $120 to begin with.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Love those, but here're some notes or corrections..
- The Super Sayian one is fine, could also go for the original color with the yellow hair or another shade of yellow costume.
- The inverted looks fine, but that's going to leave Sasuke out, and he's a fan favorite.
- Actually, Ninjas are supposed to wear Dark Blue not black.
love the kabuki idea :)

You can get those for quarter the price, but still, it's very expensive. That's $500!
Told you in an older post

The original price for each was $120 to begin with.
Hopefully the prices drop down to those levels. I might fork out 200 per statue if I can save up enough. but I cannot aford more than that.

And why no Yae? the team is a group of 4.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hopefully the prices drop down to those levels. I might fork out 200 per statue if I can save up enough. but I cannot aford more than that.

Those seem to be 4"/10cm figures, are you sure about this? I am a fan but their price just doesn't make much sense to me tbh.
Anyway, the completed figures will no way go under $120 cause that's their original price. The disassembled/unpainted figures were at $80 each btw.
Not sure why the craftsman left Yae out of it. His next target is another version of Goemon btw (if I'm not mistaken). Either New Generation or Young.
And who knows, he might revise his work. Those are cool but I think they need a tiny bit of rework.. especially Goemon.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Why did they have to leave out our ninja bae Yae. :sadeyes:

Damn I would kill for a Yae action figure.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Why did they have to leave out our ninja bae Yae. :sadeyes:

Damn I would kill for a Yae action figure.
Well first it's not "they". It's just a single passionate man.. that's why they cost much.
The reason however, no clue. And as surprising as it is, I don't think anyone asked for Yae.. maybe because it's his personal efforts. I mean He'll create whatever he likes, it's not something to request.
Also, forgot to mention, but his current project is Goemon's wooden karukuri robot (like Mega Man X's mech rider).
Oh, and these aren't "action" figures.. just statues.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well first it's not "they". It's just a single passionate man.. that's why they cost much.
The reason however, no clue. And as surprising as it is, I don't think anyone asked for Yae.. maybe because it's his personal efforts. I mean He'll create whatever he likes, it's not something to request.
Also, forgot to mention, but his current project is Goemon's wooden karukuri robot (like Mega Man X's mech rider).
Oh, and these aren't "action" figures.. just statues.
I actually bought the New Goemon action figure set. there was 7 of them. (I guess more given it was missing Yui), but it is cool. all in box. I will post a picture later.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I actually bought the New Goemon action figure set. there was 7 of them. (I guess more given it was missing Yui), but it is cool. all in box. I will post a picture later.
Was Yui part of that toy-line? I totally forgot.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
He certainly is. I love young Goemon.. every Goemon :) He's the guy who designed Sasuke btw.

This is called "Goemon's Theme". It started in Stage 2 of Mr. Goemon (his first game [ 1986 Arcade]). The theme has many versions, and it was used in Wai Wai World (as drag0nscythe drag0nscythe has pointed). But if you want to be specific, the theme used in the trailer came from his first FC/NES game (which came after his Arcade one), called "Ganbare Goemon: Karakuri Douchuu", This one specifically..

hearing his theme always make me remember the Hyadain cover :0

It makes me wonder if there is any chane we get more music with more mii costumes? :0.
Good think his mii costume looks actually great (instead of like, tails) and goemon like sans (and geno) benefits of actually having ths proportions of a mii warrior, plus considering how the mii swordfighter speciaqls have tons of "throwing stuff"...

If only the costume could have had the little extra of turning teh shurikens into coins :c

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
hearing his theme always make me remember the Hyadain cover :0

It makes me wonder if there is any chane we get more music with more mii costumes? :0.
Good think his mii costume looks actually great (instead of like, tails) and goemon like sans (and geno) benefits of actually having ths proportions of a mii warrior, plus considering how the mii swordfighter speciaqls have tons of "throwing stuff"...

If only the costume could have had the little extra of turning teh shurikens into coins :c
Actually, the option I'm looking for is controlling the Mii parameters. Goemon is not that tall, he's Mario size.
And yeah, Hyadain's take was based on the theme.
It's a bummer Goemon didn't come with any set of music, a true missed chance. Great Goemon scores goes by the ton.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Damn it. I cant rip Goemon models anymore. MyPC is no longer ripping the texture maps. This sucks. I made it through Zazen town. I was going to rip every map in the N64 Goemon games, but not I cant rip anything. I hate it when my pc crashes. Always makes things worse.

Oh well. I made it through Zazen town. We have 20 more models to appear, but after that, I cannot continue.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Damn it. I cant rip Goemon models anymore. MyPC is no longer ripping the texture maps. This sucks. I made it through Zazen town. I was going to rip every map in the N64 Goemon games, but not I cant rip anything. I hate it when my pc crashes. Always makes things worse.

Oh well. I made it through Zazen town. We have 20 more models to appear, but after that, I cannot continue.
So what's exactly the problem? I mean, old PC in general or the graphics card is not cooperating?
Is a new PC or new GC is out of reach currently?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So what's exactly the problem? I mean, old PC in general or the graphics card is not cooperating?
Is a new PC or new GC is out of reach currently?
Not entirely sure. crashes everytime i try to write the models to the c drive.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Not entirely sure. crashes everytime i try to write the models to the c drive.
That doesn't say much.
Well try an external drive or any drive other than C and see where that leads you.

On another note..
- Just pointing guys, and to keep in mind, The Goemon Mii costume could be an interest gauge.
- Also, how about another title drag0nscythe drag0nscythe ? Instead of "Now supporting Mii Sword Fighter costumes. Only 75 cents.", How about "Now supporting Goemon Mii costume. ONLY $0.75"?
If it wasn't too long I would've added "In Goemon terms; that's a steal".

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, I was aiming to make a compilation video of as many Goemon inclusion reaction videos as I can. From all over the world. This however needs a lot of downloading (or capturing which I don't have).. plus editing of course. I got a few so far but.. it's not so smooth.
Hey guys, silenthunder silenthunder made a Who do you want in Smash? Thread. https://smashboards.com/threads/who-do-you-want-in-smash.489275/#post-23552711 Go vote for our boi.
Thanks, already did.
But boy we sure need more votes. Get to it guys :)

Top Bottom