• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That's clearly fake. Were it real, Nintendo would have taken it down by now.

That being said, a hypothetical N64 Online (or even the N64 Classic) having Mystical Ninja would be nice, though I already own the real game.
Let me continue dreaming.. zzZ

Edit:
I know this is old and I absolutely don't agree with the score but though you guys should know that some actually put him out there

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Let me continue dreaming.. zzZ

Edit:
I know this is old and I absolutely don't agree with the score but though you guys should know that some actually put him out there
I plan to give it a watch. Thanks.

As for the thread. I reorganized it so goemon is now in his own section. If anyone wants to contribute to the main post, let me know. We are looking for movesets and costume ideas for all characters now. Supporting the whole goemon crew.

And i have the 3d models from the n64 games, so mocks are super easy.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I plan to give it a watch. Thanks.

As for the thread. I reorganized it so goemon is now in his own section. If anyone wants to contribute to the main post, let me know. We are looking for movesets and costume ideas for all characters now. Supporting the whole goemon crew.

And i have the 3d models from the n64 games, so mocks are super easy.
I have no idea how to mock models.
You can use the costumes he already had in Goemon's Great Adventures.

Btw, you guys do know that the staff used to work on Goemon games currently work at Nintendo, right?
They're the Good Feel studio. I've been wondering why I loved their games so much. Epic Yarn, Wooly World and now Craft World (I think that was the name). Konami, what have you done?
Also, we've been in the talks lately, and things are going good.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I have no idea how to mock models.
You can use the costumes he already had in Goemon's Great Adventures.

Btw, you guys do know that the staff used to work on Goemon games currently work at Nintendo, right?
They're the Good Feel studio. I've been wondering why I loved their games so much. Epic Yarn, Wooly World and now Craft World (I think that was the name). Konami, what have you done?
Also, we've been in the talks lately, and things are going good.
that is good and bad news. It is great they have work. But it also means no more Goemon.
hmm. Maybe I should get back to my personal project.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
that is good and bad news. It is great they have work. But it also means no more Goemon.
hmm. Maybe I should get back to my personal project.
Not necessarily. Mega Man 11 was brought by a completely new team.. and now it's nominated for Best Action Game in Game Awards. They call it the best platformer in a decade. Also, we have the team inside Nintendo, so that's a plus. They can work on Goemon from the inside AND make him the best he can possibly be. AND.. well as I said, we're in the talks (can't say much about this right now ;) )

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
According to datamining, Goemon is one of the many non-playable Konami-owned characters not seen in Ultimate at all, even as a spirit.
Goemon seems to have a shot due to being a popular character in Japan as well as having potential and that supposedly no new Capcom/Bamco/Final Fantasy character is coming to DLC yet it's not said Konami won't have a new fighter. Despite already having 3 Konami reps, 4 shouldn't hurt, at least I don't think. The Mystical Ninja series must be known, IMO.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
According to datamining, Goemon is one of the many non-playable Konami-owned characters not seen in Ultimate at all, even as a spirit.
Goemon seems to have a shot due to being a popular character in Japan as well as having potential and that supposedly no new Capcom/Bamco/Final Fantasy character is coming to DLC yet it's not said Konami won't have a new fighter. Despite already having 3 Konami reps, 4 shouldn't hurt, at least I don't think. The Mystical Ninja series must be known, IMO.
Technically, only two uniques are in here (with one Echo), so that could help.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I so wish so :)
Technically, only two uniques are in here (with one Echo), so that could help.
Who cares? I just want Goemon XD

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Me: COME ON KONAMI!!! GIVE US GOEMON!!!

Konami: How about this instead. (Throws fire ball at me and I burn to death.) xD

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Me: COME ON KONAMI!!! GIVE US GOEMON!!!

Konami: How about this instead. (Throws fire ball at me and I burn to death.) xD
Actually, that wasn't a fire ball. That was a Bomber Bomb. It felt good, but not ninja good X)

Edit: Is it ok to double post here, or is it a rule all over?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
This was up by a fan when they announced Simon and Richter.. and Snake.
Says "Even this time I couldn't be in Smash Bros... why you~! Snake, Simon, Richter"

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's fine, the mods won't notice.
Oy, poor Goemon...
I did it already XD It was slow in here.
I added a translation btw.
I have more. I finally got the ability to attach files but then they say it's too big :/
Edit: I can't attach video files either .. sigh.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
YES, I finally did it. Got it from a fan :)
Oh I so wished this was true.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
YES, I finally did it. Got it from a fan :)
Oh I so wished this was true.
My biggest dream character for Smash. Banjo & Kazooie, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Porky, and Pig Ganon would all completely satisfied me if they ever all got in, but If we got Goemon, I would never ask Sakurai for anything ever again. Hopefully, one day I'll have those 6 characters in Smash to finally complete my dream roster or at least half of them hopefully. :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
My biggest dream character for Smash. Banjo & Kazooie, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Porky, and Pig Ganon would all completely satisfied me if they ever all got in, but If we got Goemon, I would never ask Sakurai for anything ever again. Hopefully, one day I'll have those 6 characters in Smash to finally complete my dream roster or at least half of them hopefully. :)
I actually have nothing more to ask after Goemon. Well, I have, but according to their selection methods it most probably won't happen.
You're almost there btw, kind of. Dixie is a costume, Pig Ganon is a boss (I know it's not the form you're looking for), Krystal is an AT (Panther would be cool too), Porky was a boss and who knows about B&K.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I actually have nothing more to ask after Goemon. Well, I have, but according to their selection methods it most probably won't happen.
You're almost there btw, kind of. Dixie is a costume, Pig Ganon is a boss (I know it's not the form you're looking for), Krystal is an AT (Panther would be cool too), Porky was a boss and who knows about B&K.
Interesting thing about Porky though is that he doesn't have a spirit or show up in any form in the game at all. Nintendo might be saving him for DLC.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Interesting thing about Porky though is that he doesn't have a spirit or show up in any form in the game at all. Nintendo might be saving him for DLC.
Yeah I knew of this but, I don't know, I'm not that knowledgeable in Mother series but wasn't Ninten more requested? Hmm, maybe because there's not that much differenc between him and Ness so Porky was the candidate? but again, wasn't that supposed to be the Masked Man? :/

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah I knew of this but, I don't know, I'm not that knowledgeable in Mother series but wasn't Ninten more requested? Hmm, maybe because there's not that much differenc between him and Ness so Porky was the candidate? but again, wasn't that supposed to be the Masked Man? :/
I think Ninten is the most popular candidate overrall, but Porky is becoming more popular on Smashboards due to him not having a spirit at all and more people having a bit of hope for him because of that. Another interesting thing to note is that Mother's 30th anniversary is coming up next year and potentially Nintendo could finally be releasing Mother 3 to the west at that time and they could promote Porky as DLC for Smash.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think Ninten is the most popular candidate overrall, but Porky is becoming more popular on Smashboards due to him not having a spirit at all and more people having a bit of hope for him because of that. Another interesting thing to note is that Mother's 30th anniversary is coming up next year and potentially Nintendo could finally be releasing Mother 3 to the west at that time and they could promote Porky as DLC for Smash.
Well, things are decided now. I don't think this sudden burst of interest will make a dent on those decisions, unless you mean next Smash or next DLC wave. This is assuming we get Ninten first, as he's the most popular candidate according to you.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, things are decided now. I don't think this sudden burst of interest will make a dent on those decisions, unless you mean next Smash or next DLC wave. This is assuming we get Ninten first, as he's the most popular candidate according to you.
Ninten is a spirit, so unless spirits can get promoted into becoming DLC characters, Porky has a better chance at the moment.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ninten is a spirit, so unless spirits can get promoted into becoming DLC characters, Porky has a better chance at the moment.
Is the Masked Man too? If so, then it's a possibility.
In anyway, if it's Mother fans desire, why not? At least Porky looks more interesting than many of the suggested characters.
I have only one, and one wish only for this Smash ;)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is the Masked Man too?
I believe so.

About Banjo's chances, his is looking pretty good right now because data miners have found cut Jetforce Gemini and Blast Corps spirits in the game's files which means Rare and Mircosoft are on board. They probably cut those Rare spirits from the game so that they wouldn't spoil Banjo for DLC because, it would be pretty obvious for people to guess that Banjo is coming if they actually put those spirits in the game.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I believe so.

About Banjo's chances, his is looking pretty good right now because data miners have found cut Jetforce Gemini and Blast Corps spirits in the game's files which means Rare and Mircosoft are on board. They probably cut those Rare spirits from the game so that they wouldn't spoil Banjo for DLC because, it would be pretty obvious for people to guess that Banjo is coming if they actually put those spirits in the game.
Yeah I know of these spirits, but I think someone mentioned that they were published by Nintendo in Japan, so that's why (not 100% sure though). Still a possibility.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I keep seeing a supposed leak list of dlc. Not buying it. The list is very underwhelming and does not look good.

I think it is just ignored characters for adding as spirits at a later date.

Still hoping for goemon

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I keep seeing a supposed leak list of dlc. Not buying it. The list is very underwhelming and does not look good.

I think it is just ignored characters for adding as spirits at a later date.

Still hoping for goemon
Where have you been? Did you check post #97 and #94?
Anyway, personally, any DLC list that doesn't include Goemon is underwhelming.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Here to support my good friend GoeGoe GoeGoe so Goemon thread you have my support, lets go Goemon!
Oh hoo!! I didn't expect this, nor you had to, but thank you. Thanks a lot for supporting Goemon. If he ever joins, I hope he'll not disappoint you :)
Oh man, now I have to support Sora XD

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Where have you been? Did you check post #97 and #94?
Anyway, personally, any DLC list that doesn't include Goemon is underwhelming.
Been avoiding all smash sites as much as possible to avoid spoilers.
Liked the image of Goemon. I am hoping we get him as DLC, but I doubt it. maybe some extra spirits.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Been avoiding all smash sites as much as possible to avoid spoilers.
Liked the image of Goemon. I am hoping we get him as DLC, but I doubt it. maybe some extra spirits.
Now don't you give me that "I gave up and I'm fine with a spirit" spirit. I didn't come here for low enthusiasm. We've been working real hard east side, and definitely west side. You might be downed by loud mouths, I don't however, as I have not the slightest doubt that Goemon is the very best candidate for Smash, I still think a DLC is insulting but I have to accept that for the moment. There's not a single request that's as interesting or sensible as Goemon, period. Go out there and make it heard, I did, we did.. and you're part of we. We need everyone.
I've only given it a break casue Sakurai asked to stop posting requests. Don't think logically, just go for what you truely desire. You'll be real surprised how many fans want Goemon but not showing it, just because of loud mouths.
Come on, get to it, we still have a year full of work :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey hey HEY.. lookie what I brought today :)
It's happening. It's in the production process.. some of you may think it's just a magazine, but this is big. The oldest Japanese gaming magazine will have an article about Goemon. For that to happen after his long hiatus is huge.
This of course doesn't mean a thing Smash, but hopefully it'll lead to :)

Edit: The first page of the article, its number and its title are circled in red.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Guys, the magazine is out. It's receiving good reviews so far, and many are happy about the fact that it put Goemon on the spotlight again.
It's being translated and someone important might probably take a look at it and give his opinion :)
Here're some images..

Any questions? please ask :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
And since today is the 25th anniversary of Ganbare Goemon 2. An official sketch by one of its artists. Behold.

I don't know about you guys but this is pure awesomness.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, since Sakurai says his favorite Persona character is Yusuke (according to Pyra Pyra ), and since Yusuke has a Goemon persona.
Who knows, maybe that's a Goemon hint from Sakurai :)
So, I'll put this up here. Just to raise hopes and morals.. never give up Goemon fans O/

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, since Sakurai says his favorite Persona character is Yusuke (according to Pyra Pyra ), and since Yusuke has a Goemon persona.
Who knows, maybe that's a Goemon hint from Sakurai :)
So, I'll put this here to raise morals and hope.. never give up Goemon fans O/
Actually, that was someone else who brought it up. I was just saying I like him cause of his persona. Haha.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Actually, that was someone else who brought it up. I was just saying I like him cause of his persona. Haha.
I know that Sakurai didn't say a thing about Goemon, but he did say he likes Yusuke, and that's what counts. Am I right? :)

Top Bottom