• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Myspace...bad or good?

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
so yeah...everyone nowadays knows about myspace...and 70% of americans(including myself) have an account. But nowadays...its all you hear about. "Message me later when you get home""dont forget to comment me""You have myspace to? you should def add me"what i dont get is...why be on it so much?so many people these days all talk about myspace. and i have noticed that people these days...a lot of times they keep in contact with myspace. Myspace can be good. Make plans, have a talk with friends...but myspace is also a nest for Sexual predators.* People could just google pictures and look for a diff picture, Save it, Upload to myspace...and BAM they r a completely new person.

so is myspace good or bad?

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
In my mind, I'd become a conformist if I used Myspace.

And I hate conformists.

So it's a definite no-no for me.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
You know, I can't think of anyone who uses myspace regularly like that. Everybody i know uses facebook for that kind of stuff. And myspace is just generally laughed at as being all 14 year olds and pedophiles. But, I do use myspace as a nice lway to listen to new bands. For example, if you read about a band somewhere and are curious to hear what they sound like, just look them up on myspace and listen to the songs they've put up. I think it's really useful in this way. But I would never create a personal page for myself. For my band, yes, but not for myself.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Myspace is good in every single way. People just use it idiotically.
No, if it was good in every single possible way then it would be idiot proof.

Myspace is what you make it, regardless of if your a pedo, depressed emo or High School teen with actual friends.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
In my mind, I'd become a conformist if I used Myspace.

And I hate conformists.

So it's a definite no-no for me.
You are aware you are conforming to non-conformity, right?

I used to not have one, but it's easier to talk to people you really don't want to talk to or make plans with friends.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Facebook is a very useful tool. Not only does it help expand your social community, but it allows for organizations to easily communicate to the members.

facebook ftw.

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
HA...no...ur talkin about those towns with like a population of 51.

i dont live in those places though, thank god. i live in warner robins. a place where all you hear about are gangs, preppy ppl, skaters, and emo kids (with the occasional redneck crew)

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Myspace is nice if you like having your eyes burnt out by horrible, horrible colours that don't go together but people think are O.K. to use on their ugly page anyway.

I use facebook. I still don't particularly like it, but at least the colours can't be edited and you don't have to put up with the occasional person's obnoxious music choice. I guess it's useful to talk to people i only see once a week, checking out events and storing pictures on its cool photo tagging thing. the bad thing about tags though is that it ends with drunken pictures of you for all the world to see. hmm. I think some politician (?) got fired after some incriminating pictures were found on their facebook.

I prefer talking to people in real life when i want to get something done, but at uni that's not always possible so facebook is pretty essential. one of my tutors even added me on it =/

alwinroth

Smash Cadet
i have one but i figure it completely pointless, why talk to someone who lives close to you online, when you can go to their house and do something more fun...i think myspace i good for far distance messaging, but plain stupid if its near...

alwinroth

Smash Cadet
i have one but i figure it completely pointless, why talk to someone who lives close to you online, when you can go to their house and do something more fun...i think myspace i good for far distance messaging, but plain stupid if its near...

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
so yeah...everyone nowadays knows about myspace...and 70% of americans(including myself) have an account.
First off, what? That's over 200 million people, bud. Even if there is that many accounts (which there isn't), there's no way that many people have a Myspace account. And the number of accounts created doesn't even correspond with how many people use the site. Heck, I have two and I don't even use Myspace.

But, anyways, I think Myspace is really trashy. It just looks really poorly put together. It's riddled with ads and the member profilies are so irritating. All of the random colors and music and sparkly crap is really obnoxious. There's a lot of underage dirty girls, but there's still plenty of normal people, too. There're plenty of other grievances but they've probably been stated already.

I do use Facebook, though it has its own problems. With the addition of letting anybody join plus the application spam, it's becoming worse and worse, but it's still very useful, especially for college students.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Myspace has allowed me to get ahold of one of my old friends, so I can't say it is entirely useless.

The overload of information, music, and colors found in most accounts is pretty lame, though.

calmlunatic

Smash Cadet
It's good because it's created a new way for artists to share their music with the world. Take Enter Shikari for example. They played at the London Astoria without an album because everyone heard them on myspace.

Top Bottom