• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Yoshi combo video

BuRnT EGGs

Smash Apprentice
Unleash The Beast: A Yoshi Combo Video: http://youtu.be/pUwPbZ7DguM

My first yoshi combo viideoooo!!

I mained this guy since 64 and i always watched different combo videos of him and wondered how mine would turn out xD

Well...There it is, lol feedback on how i did would be greagly appreaciated!!!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've always wanted to make a combo video since year 1 of Brawl, but never had the motivation or skills to make em. Otherwise had SD cards, hacked wii, dazzle etc.

For Wii U no idea how it's gonna work since my dazzle is irrelevant.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Not legit combos in many parts, but this is extreme Yoshi play that beats me by a mile anyway so...

It's more like a REALLY GOOD highlight real than a combo vid.

BuRnT EGGs

Smash Apprentice
Not bad, Sir!
From where did you suddenly appear? lel
I was always in the shadows. Im gonna start going to offline tournies so i can get a little more known. Lol

But are you the REAL slice?? :00 Tbh half of the combos i learned was from watching your eggs of steal videos!!!

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
I was always in the shadows. Im gonna start going to offline tournies so i can get a little more known. Lol

But are you the REAL slice?? :00 Tbh half of the combos i learned was from watching your eggs of steal videos!!!
Well yes, and thank you! I'm glad you liked it! (:

This feels like a never ending circle: I remember when i fell in love with Scatz's ComboVideo and became a fanboy of him back then.
Keep going like this, Burnt Eggs, and you'll end just like us :D

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Aw, that's nice! :D

I remember your christmas special in the CV and got mega goose bump hyped.
Senpai made me happy back then! haha

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I didn't even know somebody reuploaded it. Now I can enjoy fort minor with some yoshi combos playing in front of me.

Edit: nvm that's not the one with that song lol

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
That was awesome! I liked how you got parts of the song's lyrics in the video. Taking notes here. :3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Saw Slush's stamp of sorta approval, had to watch.

Was not disappointed. Pretty nice stuff. Your opponents in the videos could use some work, but I really like some of them strings. Learned some cool stuff about Yoshi's move properties, too.

Actually, watching this gave me a question: Are we more safe when the opponent's pop out of Egg Lay than we had been in Brawl? I see they're going higher up than before. Are we not at risk to immediate invincible aerials (or at least as badly)?

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
There are some enemies I'd rather stay away from if they are in the egg.
Fox for example can insta DAir out of it and even get a string of moves onto you.

For all the other characters, no, it's still unsafe to follow them when they come out.
They can still insta-attack and are invincible.

But the duration of the invincibility is WAY shorter and therefor they can pe punished hard.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Some characters seem safer than others. I played a really good Dark Pit a number of times on For Glory the other day, and he was getting some hard punishes out of egg lay. At low %s, I tend to egg => landing-Uair, which is probably the least-safe option, but so few people punish that I haven't stopped.

Ganandorf has poor options to punish egg lay... he's my other "main." The only thing really safe enough to use that might connect is Uair, and if you are above Ganandorf for any reason, you are probably using a move that beats Uair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom