• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My yoshi at a tournament

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this was just a local tournament but a lot of people showed up and here are some videos of my yoshi with about 4 days of practice.

C+C please

Losers Bracket round 2 ( I got out first round, lol)

game 1

game 2

game 3 (good ending)

somehow I made tournament finals even though this one fox was alot better than be and The Wall but on the last life I was at 180% and he was at 35% and I comboed him to death with grab(D)> djc uair> djc uair> utilt> utilt> djc uair> bair> Nair. it put him at 120 and sent him off stage and I won

Tournament Finals 1

Tournament Finals 2

Tournament Finals 3

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
I didn't watch it all, but from what I did see...

Good use of (R)DJC. This is important with Yoshi and you put it to good use.

Wiggle more. There were a couple of stocks you could have kept by wiggling (dashdance while in stun) then airdodging.

Integrate wavedashing/landing into your game. It is very important with Yoshi.

PS for 4 days worth of Yoshi, Mad props.

rekkuza

Smash Cadet
watch out for spacing....good tactics when you got out of the shelid...like the jabs

Straight

Smash Journeyman
By the way you played, you can kind of tell you've only played yoshi for 4 days. You played extremely aggressive maybe even over-aggressive, similar to earlier fumi vids (not necessarily a compliment). The double jump was used constantly and maybe even foolishly most of the time because any other player who even remotely knows how to fight a yoshi would have punished every opening you gave them, especially against young link. I suggest playing more conservatively next time.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Hmmmmmmmm interesting. I like where this is going. A couple of things:

Work on your aim with eggs. Some of the shots were dead on, but others were...out there.

Cut down a tiny bit on your rolls. I saw a few places where one less roll would've let you get out of your shield in time to dole out some ownage. Also, rolling behind somebody and then attacking works very rarely actually, and I'm surprised that Samus kept falling for it. I guess whatever works for the situation...

This comes with experience, but work on edgeguarding. The only reason fsmash kept working was because the YLink and the Samus didn't sweetspot very well. Reserve fsmash for ledge-hoppers and use dsmash or dtilt for sweetspotters, and use instant edgehog for perfect sweetspotters. Idk what to do against jump savers, though.

Like Gabe said, a little bit too offensive. You were offensive more in the first set of vids, then I noticed you had a better balance in the finals. Maybe that Fox knocked some sense into you, huh? Anyways, DJC makes for a great offensive tactic, but overusing it will DEFINITELY lead to getting gimped by people who know how to play Yoshis. It happened twice in the first YLink match, purely by luck, but still happened, and it sucked. Now imagine somebody who intentionally waits for fair just to interrupt it. Annoying, huh?

Recovery. Your recovery consisted of two moves: come back without doing anything (which has its purposes), and down b. You need to airdodge more, and occasionally use sideb or an attack while coming back. Since Yoshi has no third jump (for now), make sure your recovery is very...well, varied.

Other than that great job. I especially like your usage of tilts and jabs, I think Imma steal some of those moves.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can you guys give me some videos to watch, all I did to practice yoshi was watch fumi's old videos and go to training mode to work on what he did for 4 days

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
good use of rdjc. But like others said. Calm down. Cause u can get gimped like that usin ur second jump so many times.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: OWNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I haven't seen you in madd long, son! What's goooooooooooood?

P.S. - I'm still working on my C&C for these.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
:yoshi: OWNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I haven't seen you in madd long, son! What's goooooooooooood?

P.S. - I'm still working on my C&C for these.
:laugh: Oi oi! Whats up Shiri? Im good dude, im still here, training up that lil green dino! I kinda stopped playing for a lil while but im back on it again. I got a big UK tourney this Sat so im gonna go all Yosh and see what happens!:chuckle: Whats popping tho? & hows that crazy yoshi of yours?

PS - Ditto to Shiri, i will be C&Cing these very soon! Great Yoshi there Ripple man, especially after so little tym playing!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I've decided to main yoshi instead of Fox from now on. thanks guys

park5150

Smash Ace
...yeah, but remeber that yoshi is the hardest of all the characters to use because of his awkardness. So, remeber to think out side of the box when it comes to yoshi, remeber that!!!!! aight!!!!!!

Top Bottom