• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My tier list.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Also, I'm sad that you spell out every character's name to their fullest, as they appear in the game...

Except for Zero Suit Samus. :(

Edit: Pikmin & Olimar, too. :(

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
For the most part, olimar's recovery isn't as horrible as everyone takes it to be.
Regardless, on a comparative scale, it's still the worst in the game bar none. Even Ivysaur doesn't have to worry about ever having a tether too short. Olimar's recovery makes Link's, Ganon's and Ness's look like godsends (well, maybe not THAT drastic, but still better nonetheless).

And for everyone hating on Sheik and saying she has less potential for high level play than Sonic and the Earthbounds...you have not played a good Brawl Sheik. Until that day comes, I recommend you only say what you know.

And SP, why'd you put Mario where he is? I know he's the supposed 'balanced' character...but I still believe that at high level areas of play, and pertaining to predicted future potential, he will be outshined by the likes of Lucas, Sheik, Ike...hell, even Sonic. But that's just my two cents.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Regardless, on a comparative scale, it's still the worst in the game bar none. Even Ivysaur doesn't have to worry about ever having a tether too short. Olimar's recovery makes Link's, Ganon's and Ness's look like godsends (well, maybe not THAT drastic, but still better nonetheless).
The major difference is that Olimar's air control makes Link and Ganon look like ******** rhinoceroses with back problems while returning to the stage. Olimar rarely needs to use the tether aspect of Pikmin Chain, because he can quite often get within range with his very good second jump and the boost that the Chain gives him. Link and Ganon have trouble even making it within ledgegrab range, even with their second jumps. To Ganon's credit, he does better against edgehoggers because of his delayed attack, but simply put, Link and Ganon have the worst recoveries in the game.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
first off whats with all these tier lists that have no bottom tiers???? there ARE bottom tiers people, whether you like them or not! ok now about the tier list

bowser is way to high same with DK. lucario should be at least mid if not low. i dont think Jiggs should be that low, maybe low low tier, or high bottom tier. pit has to be high tier. his moveset is to good. kind of shocked that ike isnt higher. i dont know where he would go but maybe high mid.

3mbl3m l0rd

Smash Rookie
Ummm LOL? Marth is fairly low if you haven't noticed? Wario IS NOT better than Marth. ROB DDD, and G&W is questionable. I know Marth got nerfed, but he's still fairly good. I say Marth is at LEAST bottom of Very high tier, or top of high tier. And I do think Snake is better than MK, but I'll leave it at that. Consider that. I'm not pushing for a Marth revolution, I just want more respect for Marth. He is so under-rated. Marth is not all SHFF F-air, SHFF F-air, SHFF F-air. He has Dancing Blade; one of the best moves in the game. His D-tilt is a good one, too. Dolphin Slash out of shield starts KO-ing at 150%. F-smash tipper does 19% and is fairly fast. Dancing Blade pressure to Shield Breaker works well EVEN on fairly good players. Grab release to D-smash is a great surprise killing move. That all I gotta say. I may be a noob on Smashboards, but I'm not bad at SSBB. After reading thread after thread by Emblem Lord, I saw a ton of content that's very discouraging. I know why Emblem Lord felt emo; I would have. You'll be seeing me more 'round.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Just a note here:

I get the feeling, that if Smash was like Pokemon, ROB beats snake due to type advantage...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Just a note here:

I get the feeling, that if Smash was like Pokemon, ROB beats snake due to type advantage...
I'm not big on my Nintendo history, but if ROB was a plug in accessory, couldn't snake just unplug him :laugh:

Anyway, Jigglypuff shouldn't be that low down, because she is powerful if used to her potential. Marth is also slightly low down, and Luigi and Peach should be higher.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
ok, i'm really late in this, but OMFG PANDA WTF.

i think you and i need to have a discussion about sonic, because i know you're a very intelligent person, but when you talk about sonic you sound like an idiot

the SBR has no idea what sonic can do. i was talking to OBM today and i mentioned some things to him that he had no idea about.

and don't give me any **** about the way i post here, it does no way reflect me. well, i mean, i guess it does, because i don't take anything here seriously, but you can ask anyone i know irl.

there shouldn't be any ignorance in the SBR

D

Deleted member

LINK IS THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME?!?!??!?!? *dies a bit inside*

Other than that, its a good tier list.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
ok, i'm really late in this, but OMFG PANDA WTF.

i think you and i need to have a discussion about sonic, because i know you're a very intelligent person, but when you talk about sonic you sound like an idiot

the SBR has no idea what sonic can do. i was talking to OBM today and i mentioned some things to him that he had no idea about.

and don't give me any **** about the way i post here, it does no way reflect me. well, i mean, i guess it does, because i don't take anything here seriously, but you can ask anyone i know irl.

there shouldn't be any ignorance in the SBR
Anther can beat most people in MI with Sonic now. Doesn't mean Sonic is good.

And this list is rather old by now. One of the reasons I hated the idea of a tier list so early is that it changes so quickly with the game evolving like it does early in its lifespan. I may change up this tier list to reflect what I believe is a more accurate representation of the tiers currently.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
People need to learn about EVERY character not just their own. And I'm surprised they don't know about every character because how else can you really be a good smasher without knowing what other characters can do against you?

Anywho, I do love some of the positions. I expect Yoshi to break the low tier in the near future. His grab release can set up for some great Fair spikes, his unique double jumping abilities, an up B that actually helps this time around along with some reliable kill moves to boot Yoshi has a lot of potential. I do believe he is average at best, but certainly not poor. But like you said, basing the list on CURRENT play he is right where he belongs.

Bowser is also much better than people think. He also has a great grab release, huge power and the huge weight allows him some great survivability even with his iffy recovery (good horizontal range but poor vertical)

I would love to see Olimar raise up more towards the top of the mid tier. His recovery can rarely count as an issue this point in the game. The Olimar boards have found plenty of ways to get around using his tether and at least stage spike the opponent to take them down with them. His ground game is absolutely amazing and the super armor whistle can eliminate most off stage attempts at him. I feel like most "character" mainers don't have facts to back up there statements but playing some great Olimars and seconding him myself they really do know what they are talking about.

I do agree with G&W dropping in the future sadly. He is one of those cases of where the opponent believes he is better than he really is and the mindgames begin. Definitely high tier but I feel like top tier is a bit of an over exaggeration, at least looking into the future.

Wario is definitely where he belongs. His grab release is definitely problematic but one issue doesn't make the match a loss. He has ridiculous aerial movement, and a great recovery to match. A pretty powerful ground game, and he is a decently heavy character. The shear mindgames alone when he has a waft charged up...

I think Marth's issue is that anything he can do Meta Knight can do better. He isn't a bad character but just overshadowed.

And THANK YOU for putting the Ice Climbers so high. Now if only Nana had some better AI for those times you don't have control over her.

I disagree with some of the low and mid tier characters but I think that one really comes down to my personal bias with my experience with them.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm about to post a new version of it. I did the edits in 10 minutes, so it may require further editing, but its not too shabby as it is now.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Look forward to it!
I do feel that however old this version was, it was still one of the most accurate I've seen. Any improvements are great though.

Top Bottom