• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Thoughts on ADHD and Gnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to talk about who's better. ADHD and Gnes are clearly the top 2 Diddy Kongs in the U.S., but they can both learn a lot from each other and both have a lot of room for improvement.

ADHD's banana tech skill and control are top notch (his instant tosses are too good) and is very fluent with zoning, applying pressure, setting up combos, and chasing his opponents after a trip. He is great at almost always maximizing the damage he deals from banana combos in each situation. His fortress is nearly unpenetrable when he has two bananas. You will usually lose if you try to get into a banan fight. However, his non-naner game is somewhat lacking. ADHD seems to like to take risks, but some of his risks are really not worth the reward. His airdodge and fair habits especially get him punished very often. Overall, he makes many careless mistakes, and easily gets punished for misspaced or laggy moves. His moves are relatively predictable. He also gets juggled fairly often. Most of the top ten players in the U.S. who do not main Metaknight are also good with Metaknight, but I would not be surprised if ADHD was terrible with Metaknight. I would recommend that ADHD play other characters, and especially with Metaknight and , who lacks a projectile.

Gnes is a very well-rounded player. Everything he does is good. He does not get punished as often or make many careless mistakes, and does not get hit as often by more laggy moves such as MK's fsmash. However, he often has trouble maintaining control of his bananas, and his defensive game is not very solid. I think that he would do poorly against opponents that can Camp diddy, because he will usually leave an opening or lose control of his bananas eventually. He sometimes does not maximize the damage he can deal from both bananas, and rarely does combos more complex than banana to throw or banana to smash. I also noticed that Gnes likes to run around a lot more while ADHD likes to sit comfortably and camp with peanuts. Dashing around is great to force your opponent to make a move and possibly make a mistake, but may weaken your own defenses if you're not careful.

I believe that ADHD does better against MK, and Gnes does better against Snake. Since MK relies on using bananas more than Snake, keeping control of your own bananas is more important. Snake relies on living to much higher percents than Diddy and racks up a lot of damage with each attack, so each risk or mistake will be much more costly.

I'm sorry if I sounded critical, but I wanted to point out what I believed to be the strengths and weaknesses of the best so we can all improve.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand what's going on. Does anyone agree or disagree with the content of my post? I'm trying to analyze the habits of the best Diddies so people can learn from them. If you think I'm totally wrong, you can just say so. I just want to hear some constructive comments or criticism, that's all. Thanks in advance.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Sushi...it's too bad people can't be serious in threads with purposes. As long as people say they're the best Diddy, that will keep them content. But whatever.

C-c-c-c-ombo breaker!

I don't even use Diddy but I like this post. We need more down-to-earth thinking and threads like this. I don't necessarily know if it can practically improve Diddy players, though.

Also shrimp > sushi.

Yikarur

Smash Master
this is why I'm not active on this boards D:

I like the OP and in place of ADHD and Gnes I would read this post carefully and would think about it.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I don't understand what's going on. Does anyone agree or disagree with the content of my post? I'm trying to analyze the habits of the best Diddies so people can learn from them. If you think I'm totally wrong, you can just say so. I just want to hear some constructive comments or criticism, that's all. Thanks in advance.

Diddies?.....

tibs7

Smash Champion
If someone respectable made a thread people will listen

but when a noob posts it's just food for us trolls nom nom. :D

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy players are as serious about diddy as we are about our threads about diddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom