• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My theory on Castle Siege and another stage. Spoilers?

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
Marth takes the first field, it seems like he has the advantage, with the few platforms and aerial battling at a high.

Ike has the raided throne room, those pillars were definitely meant to be mauled and destroyed by him.

So that leaves the flaming area where the dragon would be summoned. Who? Who could they have here that the game had plans to include? Could it have been...Roy?

All that phi3r. Yeah I went there. Also, supposedly Sakurai was interested in making Roy fight like fencing, using his Sword of Seals as a Rapier esque weapon.

---

I also have a theory, but much less relevant, which focuses on Spear Pillar. The entire stage is set on 2's and 3's. The appearance of Dialga, Palkia, and whoever the hell that 3rd thing is, Cressilia I'm guessing? The stage is split into a top and bottom part. Now this one is a lot less relevant and such, but imagine this. Lucario was the "clone", no?

Mewtwo fits in with the whole "legendary" theme of this place.

And for the 3's part, I was thinking Plusle and Minun were to be the 3rd characters which would happen to be in that area.

Why not Pokemon Stadium 2? Because That area revolves around official battles and such, aka Pokemon Trainer. Mewtwo, the vet, would've probably been back with some improvements, so such would have been "new." New being Spear Pillar.

I posted this on GameFaqs too, lemme know what you think.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering that the final floor of the Fire Emblem level was originally kept secret, you might be onto something. It looks like Mewtwo and Roy exist in spirit.

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
Them two are coming back next game.
Ike was an excuse to exclude Roy.
I used MewTwo before, i think he should
have been improved instead of being taken out.

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
Them two are coming back next game.
Ike was an excuse to exclude Roy.
I used MewTwo before, i think he should
have been improved instead of being taken out.
Def. not. Roy and Mewtwo's incomplete data was found on the game disk. This means they were definitely supposed to be back. Who knows why they were cut.

Well, looks like the Forbidden Seven come up again...
I'm in no way trying to bring them back up. Just a few interested clues here and there.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
XD! You're over thinking way too much on both of them! It's like me saying that Roy is intended for DLC because he doesn't have an in game trophy. If you are right though, I'm sure you have just pissed Sakurai's pants :laugh:

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
XD! You're over thinking way too much on both of them! It's like me saying that Roy is intended for DLC because he doesn't have an in game trophy. If you are right though, I'm sure you have just pissed Sakurai's pants :laugh:
Definitely not overthinking it. Roy even had some song of his own. Ike has his own. Marth has the medley or w/e.

Plus, notice how the challenge trophies for Mewtwo and P&M are all related to solo All Star or w/e.

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
Def. not. Roy and Mewtwo's incomplete data was found on the game disk. This means they were definitely supposed to be back. Who knows why they were cut.

Well i don't see Ike being any better than Roy.
Ike is just a fast bowser with a sword.
Mewtwo was cut and got a trophy, so why couldn't
Roy get one or at the very least a sticker?
I feel cheated because of that. Promotional reasons my

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet

Roy has a sticker. Ike's made his mark on the series. Second lord to be playable in 2 games.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
We all know Roy is a massive pimp and the coolest Fire Emblem character ever. It's also a well-known fact that he chose not to go into Brawl and that he's totally going ot be in SSB4 and be top tier. He wasn't top tier in Melee because he didn't feel like trying.

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
We all know Roy is a massive pimp and the coolest Fire Emblem character ever. It's also a well-known fact that he chose not to go into Brawl and that he's totally going ot be in SSB4 and be top tier. He wasn't top tier in Melee because he didn't feel like trying.
I hope you're trying to be funny. Roy sucked in FE, he was DECENT once you got the SoS. He also had the worst personality of any lord in the FE series. Or lack there of.

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
Yeah he was a massive pimp in his game.
He had like 5 or 6 women to choose from.
*brushes Roy's shoulders'

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I hope you're trying to be funny. Roy sucked in FE, he was DECENT once you got the SoS. He also had the worst personality of any lord in the FE series. Or lack there of.
His personality is amazing. Have you ever sat down and had dinner with him? He's a cool guy. We go bowling most Saturdays.

Again, just like in Melee, Roy was holding back his power.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman

If Sakurai had his way in Melee we wouldn't be having this disscussion. Also, Ike is Roy's spritual successor. Besides, in the games Ike would destroy Roy. Also, one idea iheard the data was there as reference.

Also, is there enough data to produce a model of Roy?

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
If Sakurai had his way in Melee we wouldn't be having this disscussion. Also, Ike is Roy's spritual successor. Besides, in the games Ike would destroy Roy. Also, one idea iheard the data was there as reference.

Also, is there enough data to produce a model of Roy?
Yes, data is still there for Roy. He can be finished if by any chance
a third-party or nintendo themselfs is up to the task to finish it along
with MewTwo. Another option is to reprogram them from the ground up.
My Burning Question is why didn't they finish it?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Yes, data is still there for Roy. He can be finished if by any chance
a third-party or nintendo themselfs is up to the task to finish it along
with MewTwo. Another option is to reprogram them from the ground up.
My Burning Question is why didn't they finish it?
Really, Roy wasnt THAT good. Even i, as a Zelda main in Melee admit that Zelda sucked massively. Your fanboyism is sickening, really. At least admit that he really wasnt that good in Melee.

And i mean honestly. Roy over Ike? You've GOT to be kidding me.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Roy was in Melee for advertising for FE 6. Marth was in Melee for Homage as the only Lord to be playable twice in the series. Ike got in becuase he is

A)the second character to be a Lord in two FE games. Not only that Marth and him are the only to Lords to be on two separate consoles (Marth on the NES and SNES. Ike on GC and Wii)
B)He's the first non royal Lord of Fire Emblem.

I mean other people can look up for other reasons too. its just that Ike is the first special Lord :laugh: and by that I mean he was non royal and was even called Lord Ike in the ending of PtR( ahh youtube XD)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Marth was in Melee for Homage as the only Lord to be playable twice in the series.
More so because he was a heavily requested character in Japan, actually. If you look back at the old Melee polls, he was more requested than many characters we got in Brawl, like Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, and Pokèmon Trainer. And both of those facts are the result of him being one of the series' most popular characters.

Darkslash said:
Ike got in becuase he is

A)the second character to be a Lord in two FE games. Not only that Marth and him are the only to Lords to be on two separate consoles (Marth on the NES and SNES. Ike on GC and Wii)
B)He's the first non royal Lord of Fire Emblem.
Correct on the first (in a way - the two separate consoles thing really doesn't matter). The second didn't really matter though. Ike is simply one of the series' most popular characters, especially outside Japan, where over half of the series is all but unknown. That, plus his being a recurring Lord, is what got him in.

Darkslash said:
its just that Ike is the first special Lord :laugh: and by that I mean he was non royal and was even called Lord Ike in the ending of PtR( ahh youtube XD)
He was called that at the end of PoR because halfway through he was officially granted noble standing as a Lord by Empress Sanaki of Begnion. He gave it up between PoR and RD, but he was a noble for a while. Not that it really matters.

Zevox

ph15h

Smash Cadet
I'm liking your theory on the Fire Emblem stage, not so much on the Pillar Pokemon stage. Yes, the different areas of Fire Emblem Symbolized different characters fighting styles and adaptable terrain. But the inclusion of Mewtwo in that pillar stage not so much. The Three other Pokemon that were shown (and they do attack) are the rest of the legendaries for that bunch.

I kinda wish all the characters will be back in an All Star edition of Super Smash Bros, but alas, wishful thinking never helps me. (Of course, with Roy's move set changed. Marth was a fencer in Melee, that now fights like a knight. Ike fights like a beserker. Roy could fight like the fencer that you hinted at. Bring back mewtwo, without so much akwardness.

=/ I'm hoping for DLC for Brawl. No jokes plz. lol

Darkslash

Smash Master
More so because he was a heavily requested character in Japan, actually. If you look back at the old Melee polls, he was more requested than many characters we got in Brawl, like Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, and Pokèmon Trainer. And both of those facts are the result of him being one of the series' most popular characters.

Correct on the first (in a way - the two separate consoles thing really doesn't matter). The second didn't really matter though. Ike is simply one of the series' most popular characters, especially outside Japan, where over half of the series is all but unknown. That, plus his being a recurring Lord, is what got him in.

He was called that at the end of PoR because halfway through he was officially granted noble standing as a Lord by Empress Sanaki of Begnion. He gave it up between PoR and RD, but he was a noble for a while. Not that it really matters.

Zevox
Well I never got to play any GC or Wii FE's yet (I'm totally broke after buying Metroid and Smash XD) well I know more thanks XD

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
Really, Roy wasnt THAT good. Even i, as a Zelda main in Melee admit that Zelda sucked massively. Your fanboyism is sickening, really. At least admit that he really wasnt that good in Melee.

And i mean honestly. Roy over Ike? You've GOT to be kidding me.
I know he isn't that good yet i use him to break from the hoards
of people that only use tournament worthy characters.
I feel as if making a stand because i like using an inferior character.
Speaking of fanboyism, so what? people do it all the time.

Edit: I Strongly think Ike is not as good as Roy.
Ike does have power yet doesn't have enough speed
to go with it. You have a better chance getting stung by
a bee than getting hit by a freight train.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually, Roy is considered high tier in his game. However, the only two lords to have worse stats than him are Leaf (FE5) and Micaiah (who doesn't even get a legendary weapon). As for which lord has the worst personality, it definitely goes to Micaiah. Mary-Sues FTL.

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
Actually, Roy is considered high tier in his game. However, the only two lords to have worse stats than him are Leaf (FE5) and Micaiah (who doesn't even get a legendary weapon). As for which lord has the worst personality, it definitely goes to Micaiah. Mary-Sues FTL.
Yet people love both Leaf and Micaiah. I despise them too, but not on the level of Roy. He gets love just because Marth is better, and they(random people) want to "rebel" and "be different."

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Marth was in Melee for Homage as the only Lord to be playable twice in the series.
Make this three times now, with the remake of FE1 for Nintendo DS.

Let us not forget that Marth is also the first Lord, making him the icon character of the series as a whole, because he defines the Lord character which many FE lords are based on. Ike is an excellent character to put alongside Marth, because not only is Ike well known in both America and Japan, but he is also a character that doesn't heavily borrow from Marth.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yet people love both Leaf and Micaiah. I despise them too, but not on the level of Roy. He gets love just because Marth is better, and they(random people) want to "rebel" and "be different."
People like Micaiah????!!! News to me.... Really, her only "fans" were people that wanted a female Fire Emblem character in Brawl. You want me to drag up some posts to see what real Fire Emblem fans think of her. However, Leaf is awesome in FE4.

The Boogerman

Smash Cadet
People like Micaiah????!!! News to me.... Really, her only "fans" were people that wanted a female Fire Emblem character in Brawl. You want me to drag up some posts to see what real Fire Emblem fans think of her. However, Leaf is awesome in FE4.
She had a rabid army of fanboys dude, I know you must've read the posts on GameFaqs over the last few months.

Make this three times now, with the remake of FE1 for Nintendo DS.

Let us not forget that Marth is also the first Lord, making him the icon character of the series as a whole, because he defines the Lord character which many FE lords are based on. Ike is an excellent character to put alongside Marth, because not only is Ike well known in both America and Japan, but he is also a character that doesn't heavily borrow from Marth.

Which is why I believe Hector and Eliwood would've been awesome as Axe and Lance wielders, respectively.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Which is why I believe Hector and Eliwood would've been awesome as Axe and Lance wielders, respectively.
They're both noble Lords, just like Marth. Ike only became a Lord out of circumstance and to hide the negative image of a country relying on a band of mercenaries.

I'm pretty sure her fanbase was spread out a lot. I personally hate her almost as much as Roy. But you get the idea.
Right. In this case you shouldn't solely mention GameFAQs if there is a fanbase outside of that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
She had a rabid army of fanboys dude, I know you must've read the posts on GameFaqs over the last few months.

Yeah, that was because she was the only viable female Fire Emblem character left. Up until Lyn was deconfirmed, nobody cared about Fire Emblem's biggest Mary-Sue.

Yeah, with the exception of Lyn, the Elibe lords have quite a bit of moveset potential. Roy could have fought using the Sword of Seals with both hands like he did in his own game, which would have made his differ greatly than Marth or Ike. Also, SoS has ability to do flaming ranged attack and heal.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Guys, imagine if Roy was in. If he was a clone of Marth, his final smash would be critical hit. I have not played any FE games, but based on Melee's Roy I can't see a final smash. Imagine Roy in the SSE. (Marth, Meta Knight, Roy, Ike).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Guys, imagine if Roy was in. If he was a clone of Marth, his final smash would be critical hit. I have not played any FE games, but based on Melee's Roy I can't see a final smash. Imagine Roy in the SSE. (Marth, Meta Knight, Roy, Ike).
If Roy was in Brawl, he would have probably he given him Marth's Final Smash only with a fire effect. I can definitely think of an original Final Smash for Roy though.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Ike is a lot better than Roy was. >.> I know that and I mained Roy for a while, geez.

Oh yeah, and Roy did get a sticker. He was also supposed to be in the game, so there you go.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Considering that the final floor of the Fire Emblem level was originally kept secret, you might be onto something. It looks like Mewtwo and Roy exist in spirit.
Yes, they do.

Well... they were the most developed characters between the forbidden 7, right?

If Roy was in Brawl, he would have probably he given him Marth's Final Smash only with a fire effect. I can definitely think of an original Final Smash for Roy though.
Word. However, Marth's Critical Hit doesn't fits, Roy, neither Great Aether, I think of a ranged attack for him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yes, they do.

Well... they were the most developed characters between the forbidden 7, right?

Word. However, Marth's Critical Hit doesn't fits, Roy, neither Great Aether, I think of a ranged attack for him.
Yes, you are right. Roy and Mewtwo were only two of the Forbidden 7 to have victory themes planned. Mewtwo also still has a listing for his classic versus screen image, while there is music theme that you can get in Brawl called Roy's Hope, which probably is what would have played when you were going to fight him.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yes, you are right. Roy and Mewtwo were only two of the Forbidden 7 to have victory themes planned. Mewtwo also still has a listing for his classic versus screen image, while there is music theme that you can get in Brawl called Roy's Hope, which probably is what would have played when you were going to fight him.
Hm, interesting. Is there a picture of his Versus Screen around the Internet? Or it just looks like his trophy?

I think they named it Roy's Hope because Roy was the sole hero of Fire Emblem 6, and since that's the near-victory BGM... However, that was nice.

I would have liked to see both Roy and Mewtwo in Brawl though, it stings that they are not in. But heh, let's keep Brawlin'! (...I need a Wii, ._.).

Top Bottom