• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner: The Bidou Tech

Famous YouTube channel My Smash Corner has recently uploaded a video explaining what it could be one of the most game changing techs in Smash 4, the Bidou Tech.

This tech requires changing your control scheme and performing certain actions to manipulate how the game reads an input, making frame-perfect techs more easy. Among the large arsenal of things you can do with this tech is the Sliding Spot Dodge, Instant Dash Attack, and many, many more!

What do you think about this tech? Will you apply this technique? Do you think it's as game changing as it sounds? Let us know in the comments. And don't forget to check out My Smash Corner and to follow on Twiitter @MySmashCorner

Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

My concern is whether this will be tournament-legal or not, considering you need a Pro Controller, which a lot of tournaments I have seen do not allow that. I may be wrong though. Maybe when the Pro-Cube is 100% finished this will be a better and more accepted tech. That is if the Pro-Cube is even accepted at a sponsored tournament.

I've been using this for a few days now and now that I'm used to the controls I see how much better it is but I can understand people that are already amazing at smash not wanting to switch cause your already good. works for me cause I was ok at smash to begin with and switching wasn't that hard for me but I already see an improvement on techs I couldn't do with old control scheme.

Wii U pro controller? Nope...
As much as I would love to have a GC adapter, I dont have the cash, nor the space. If i were to have it, it would be in the walkway in bewtween the TV and me

Which is why I personally like the pro controller

Last edited:
In what regard does this make someone lazy? You still have to put time into training your hands for this setup and/or remember to hold Special to even start it.
He is saying that about all the people who are brushing it off like they can't bother to relearn a control scheme, he is not making fun of bidou.

I play melee and smash 4 competitively. I'm afraid that the skills won't transfer over and can definitely mess up my game play big time. Shame I really want to learn it though

Top Bottom