• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My quick thoughts on Melee Vs. Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renth

Smash Hero
Brawl is slower, ganon is worse so i automatically hate it more.

How are people willing to ditch melee after 4 + years of time into it?

It's like getting a new dog to replace the old one.. it's just not the same :(

Crystallion

Smash Ace
What makes you think you deserve to make your own thread on it? If you want to complain, complain in the darn Official Complaint Thread. Seriously, clutter the boards more, it sure helps. There is even a thread like this below this one, the "Who thinks Melee > Brawl" one.

Oh and tell me one thing: Does anyone force you to ditch Melee? No one does.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Why do people post in threads just to complain about them? It's like they think they're important or something.

Anyways, I'm not sure what the future holds for Smash. I'm predicting that either people will accept Brawl (which I will never understand given the fact that it is mediocre at best for competitive play, but if people can actually enjoy it for a long time then more power to them) and Melee will dwindle, or people will lose interest in Brawl and Melee will have a small underground scene. Or maybe both will basically die and Smash will be history in regards to a competitive scene. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
Brawl is slower, ganon is worse so i automatically hate it more.

How are people willing to ditch melee after 4 + years of time into it?

It's like getting a new dog to replace the old one.. it's just not the same :(

Lol at first comment. The whole fun of melee was trying to get better, which there is still room for even after 7 years of it being out or whatever. The only thing you can really get better at in brawl is timing your perfect shield so you can shieldgrab even better than how ridiculously easy it is now (obviously there are some other things but in the grand scheme of things, it's really not lookin like there's much more). It's fun to be snake and set up shop on the far left/right of a level and spam projectiles until your opponent comes at you with an easily readable attack for a shieldgrab or his lame *** dash attack that should never work but does, but how long will that be fun for? And the best (and possibly only) combo is whatever character's standard neutral A 3 hitter, which sometimes you can get in a perfect shield for a shieldgrab in between. I'll be playing some brawl, but that old hound ain't kickin the bucket any time soon.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I with the OP.They did make Gannon ugly,Link also looks so skinny... Lucky for me everyone who I know that plays at my house all switched back to melee. :laugh:

Miharu

Smash Hero
What makes you think you deserve to make your own thread on it? If you want to complain, complain in the darn Official Complaint Thread. Seriously, clutter the boards more, it sure helps. There is even a thread like this below this one, the "Who thinks Melee > Brawl" one.

Oh and tell me one thing: Does anyone force you to ditch Melee? No one does.
Hi, my name is Crystallion and I think that I'm really ****ing important.

**** off if you have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Ironic when you're complaining about the boards being cluttered when your ilk ****ing flood the Brawl forums with the same mindless topics day in and day out that ask the most naive of questions.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Hi, my name is Crystallion and I think that I'm really ****ing important.

**** off if you have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Ironic when you're complaining about the boards being cluttered when your ilk ****ing flood the Brawl forums with the same mindless topics day in and day out that ask the most naive of questions.
Oh ho, Sticker for that one.

*places it*

and as for the tc, I feel for you man, Ganondorf is a piece of dog**** in brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom