• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Pokemanz. Let me show you them.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Who else played ridiculous hours on this game?

red/blue/yellow?
gold/silver/crystal?
ruby/sapphire/emerald?
pearl/diamond/platinum?
Which was or is your favourite?
Who was or is your favourite?

Old favourites of mine have always been Charizard and Alakazam. New favourites include Dusknoir, Rampardos and Garchomp.

Discuss. =3

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I don't think I'll ever miss a generation of this. ;__;

Hmm, favourites favourites.... would have to be Celebi, Glaceon, Forretress, and Articuno I guess. Oh and Spinda for lulz.

I'll post my FC next time I'm playing. Need more people to battle. :p

Suppose I could play Shoddy too if that's what people are up for.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Played for an insane ammount of time on Saphire, mainly because the 'vs the people you mixed records with at their hidden base' was great for leveling and practising against other people (mostly bringer)

Vermy

Smash Champion
I've been playing since generation 1 and I still <3 it. Tbh, I have Poke Trainer as my low teir main because I love first generation pokemon so much.

Ya I rly need to get wifi. And pokemon battle revolution =D so I can see my Pokemanz in 3d with much fiyah.
And can't wait for Platinum.
I reset my diamond version for a scratch start, and because of work and such haven't had a chance to train up a new team. =(

Also, anyone got any legit shinies?

Sieg

Smash Champion
I have Battle Rev, it's pretty awesome if all you want to do is verse people online.

Otherwise :(

Yokai, if he ever posts here, is a giant pokeman.

He won some tourney a little while ago. Was apparently really big and he won with UU Typhlosion.

unreon

Smash Ace
I was pretty into Pokemon TCG awhile back as well. Only the first set. I had the full Blastoise/Dewgong/Lapras/Khangaskan combo going. Tried to make a Scyther/Hitmonchan/Electabuzz combo too but had no money =(

I used to be sorta competetive into pocket monsters, and Eevee and it's series were my fetish. Hence my current name =)

S.D

Smash Master
I remember going to the "pokemon league" weekly for the TCG and winning badges and **** when I was in primary school XD

Played through first two gens pretty thoroughly but haven't got anything after that, all that EV training nonsense was too much hassle imo.

@ Vermy: My brother has like 5 or 6 legit shinies across the board. Too bad they're mainly lame pokemans though.

Scizor is king of game.

unreon

Smash Ace
Yes, yes it is. LOL

It's a combination of my yr8 Mechwarrior 4 alias "unknown" and the eevee family. lmao.

Bred the two names in yr9 or yr10 and it stuck ever since =)

Bjay

Smash Lord
I spent a lot of time Pokemon, particularly Gold, Diamond, and Pearl.

I sorta missed out on the 3rd generation. I didn't get into competitive battling until the end of 3rd generation near Diamond/Pearl's release, but I was pretty nooby at it and left it at that lol. But I started competitive battling all over in Diamond/Pearl, but yeah don't really play Pokemon anymore.

I dunno my favourite Top 6 with the new gens now, I'd have to think about it, so I'll just say my Top 6 before 4th gen existed.

Wobbuffet, Jirachi, Latias, Misdreavus, Shedinja and Espeon.

1st gen fav: Gengar
2nd gen fav: Wobbuffet
3rd gen fav: Jirachi
4th gen fav: Infernape/Skuntank/Lickilicky (gahh too many to decide)

Vermy

Smash Champion
Lol!
@tcranter:
I've been developing my PT a lot lately in hopes that he'll pick up the slack where Kirby gets *****.
I.e.
Zard vs Marth,
Squirtle vs Zelda (water gun lols at grounded dins fire on the edge)
Etc.
Jei has said nothing but good things about your poke trainer, so that gave me a boost.
Ps. Pokeslayers? NICE.

I had 3 legit shinies. One of which was a shiny duskull with adamant nature and really good stats. He quickly became my favourite in sapphire and when pearl and diamond came around, after I evolved him he was a wrecking machine =D
My other 2 shinies were a parasite I found in safari and a mudkip (yes lol) I bred myself.

Typhloshion is the shiznit.
<3 fire types.

S.D

Smash Master
I remember my brother got a shiny Ponyta, with good attitude/stats and stuff which he raised to be a sweet blue fire Rapidash.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game

My first pokemon game and my favourite so far, I still remember the christmas when I got this and the pokemon edition of the gameboy colour. Pokemon was such a huge part of my childhood, I have great memories of playing it.

Some of my favourites are Gyarados, Snorlax, Nidoking and one that holds a very special place in my heart is Haunter, he was the main poke i used throughout yellow.

Also you guys should stop by the Poke Center sometime we have regular tournaments or if you aren't into competitive pokemon just chat about pokemon in general. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've got a shiny grimer/muk and a shiny tentacruel on my Crystal cart.

Man, anyone still got their TCG cards? Still got mine around somewhere, have a killer Dark Steelix/Tyranitar deck that was brilliant fun and pretty **** tanky :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's as Sieg says.
Yokai won one of Smogon's last major wifi tournaments and got accepted to their version of our SBR.
And won most of his matches with just Typhlosion and Swellow.

EDIT:
I still have an epic rain dance deck and Psychic stall deck from the 1st edition cards

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Vyse, you head of that strat that was banned? One classic Mewtwo + 59 psychic energy

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I'm pretty sure it was 4 M2s, because of energy removal, M2s in your prize pile etc etc. And I don't think it was ever banned, it just paved way to the new rule of games not lasting more than like a certain time limit.

I have a pseudo stall deck, mainly because I got like 2-3 gengars around fossil, and I got some cards from my cousins, mainly being "Challenge!", "Copycat", "Dark Dragonair". I'm pretty sure all the cards nowadays would **** my deck though. Stalls versus heavy evolution decks, but against pure stall variants you won't be stalling, you have to try to knock them out using Fossil Haunter, Gengar, Kadabra whilst Alakazam gives you support.

I also have Sneasel, the banned version. Four of them too!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Lol, I'm pretty sure it was 4 M2s, because of energy removal, M2s in your prize pile etc etc.
There might have been a 4 mewtwo strat, but I definitely remember there being only one so your opponent basically has their whole deck in their hand before you have that singular Mewtwo to put on the bench.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Well, in regards to that, I'm pretty sure there is a rule where the opponent doesn't have to draw the extra 2 cards =)

Also, I remember that sometimes some beatdown players would draw until they stocked up on a few super energy removals and energy removals, then elect not to draw as their deck is thinnning down. They then proceed to completely destroy the two energy required by M2 to barrier. With 1 M2, that is pretty much a loss.

But yeah, I've never heard of that strat (even if it's one M2) being banned, got a link for me? D:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I remember the 4 M2 strat. Ultra lame.

I'm pretty sure it got indirectly banned by means of a rule being introduced that says you have to have so many basic pokemon in your deck. Meaning there had to be diversity. And yeah, the opponent could simply elect not to draw their extra two free cards per mulligan.

I'm pretty sure another rule regarding gust of wind/whirl wind meant you had to have a poke on the bench otherwise it's insta-lose or something which is why having only 1 wouldn't work (or something). Though, that sounds a little off. Been a while lol.

My psychic stall deck had a mix of Mr Mime, Alakazam, Chansey/Lickitung and Mewtwo. Mr Mime's 20 max damage per turn barrier let it stall, while Ala moved the damage off onto Blissey/Licki. I had pokecentres to sweep all the damage off in one go, breeders to get ala straight off, computer searches to get exact cards, etc. I loved it so much.

Also, my water deck was a beast.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Wow they Gust of Wind does that? All I know about stall is that a time rule is now in effect so stall isn't really viable anymore =x

Yup stall decks were awesome...until freaking lapras came into fossil, made a nightmare for me =/

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My water deck was rediculous. It had almost no depth to it at all. 4 poke breeders, 3 computer searches, 3 professor oaks, 4 bill's 3 Blastoise & 3 Gyarados, 4 pokemon breeders. The rest was like gust of wind and switches.

So stupid. Just draw like crazy, get a blastoise as early as possible, rain dance up and own. Gyarados and Blastoise have different weaknesses, so they covered each other well.

unreon

Smash Ace
My Blastoise Deck was the same.

3 Blastoise
3 Dewgongs
4 Lapras
2 Khangaskan

4 Breeders, Computer Search, Bills, Professor Oaks, Energy Removals etc. etc. Get big and hit them hard, hit them fast.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Ah, good times back on netbattle. I ran a raindance team with kabutops as the centrepiece of sorts. Most of the time I didn't get to use him like I wanted to...but if I got the raindance + U-turn from uxie, swords dance.....sweep sweep. Testing showed he could take 80%+ life off of full Def EV tanks. Fun times.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh, I also have a water Energy denial deck.

Poliwraths and Golduck, both have attacks that remove an energy from the opponent. Add in 4 energy removals and 4 super energy removals.

Ah man, ownage. I love it.

I love decks like that in any card game. Winning through utter lameness (IE winning via indirect means lol)

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
@ the people with water decks, Mr. Mime must have been a nightmare =o

Vermy

Smash Champion
pokemon is for 10 year olds guys

And yet here we are on a website built for the discussion of a nintendo video game that is initially made for an audience between the age of 10 and 15, in which we have made competitive.

Yes, we are all very serious adults with no childish habits at all. -_-

P.s. Pokemon is effing awesome.

P.p.s.
Pokemon Platinum on DS has its American release on the 22nd of this month. Yay for 100% perfectly legal downloads for the r4 that is perfectly legal! =D

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I just realised that Hypnosis' accuracy is Platinum is now 60. This renders quite a number of my pokes useless.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
My gengar and crobat, etc already had wide lens. ;_;

The wide lens increase isn't enough for a move with only 60 acc anyway... maybe I should look more into other status effects to annoy people with.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pokemon Platinum on DS has its American release on the 22nd of this month. Yay for 100% perfectly legal downloads for the r4 that is perfectly legal! =D
We probably shouldn't mention things such as roms and r4's, even if they're good and something that I don't have for my DS at all in the slightest, no siree:)

Top Bottom